Something I struggled with when we first purchased our fifth wheel was making it feel like home. The space never felt quite right and I couldn’t shake that “I’m living in a box” feeling.
To give our fifth wheel more of a “homey” vibe I made a couple of cheap purchases and held onto a few items with sentimental value. So let’s get to it and I’ll show you my tips for making your RV feel like home.
Having pictures around the RV makes you feel connected to friends and family. They are easy to put out and away on travel days. They are lightweight and changing the pictures can update the space.
Pillows and a throw blanket
Pillows make any room feel cozy and a throw blanket encourages cuddling on the couch. They are inexpensive and step up the basic couch look that comes in most RVs.
I limited myself on which decorative items I brought from home but I couldn’t part with this silly gold piece. It reminds me of home and adds a personal touch to our new space.
These are the only other decorative items I kept from home. The wooden sign was a wedding gift that we adore and the candle was a thoughtful going away gift. These items tie our small entryway together and give us a place to put our keys.
Magnets are great souvenirs and another place to add pictures. They are lightweight and take up very little space. They serve as great reminders to the places you have been so that you don’t forget as you travel to more and more places.
- 1. ❤ [FOUR-PIECE CERAMIC BATHROOMACCESSORY] Four-piece ceramic bathroom accessories are made of high-quality porcelain clay and fired at high temperatures, which will not produce harmful odors and can be used with confidence.
- 2. ❤ [PERFECT COMBINATION DESIGN] soap dispenser pump head is perfectly designed by plastic and silver plating, it is not easy to rust, durable, tightly matched to prevent leakage..
- 3. ❤ [ EASY TO CLEAN] simple white glaze design, smooth surface makes it very easy to clean, keep the bathroom clean, sterile and hygienic for a long time.
- 4. ❤ [MULTI-FUNCTION STORAGE SET] has large-caliber storage, which not only stores your bathroom supplies but also stores your make-up utensils, making your bathroom desktop tidier
- 5. ❤ [ BATHROOM DECORATION SET] consists of 1 emulsion separator, 1 toothbrush holder, 1 tumbler and 1 soap dish
Most RV bathroom accessories are plastic, which just didn’t feel right to us. These ceramic ones match the sink and don’t scream “I live in a trailer!”. Oh, we also added a hook for a hand towel.
Well, those are my tips for making your RV feel more like home. Since implementing these little changes I’ve felt so much more comfortable in our new space. Let me know what else you’ve done to make your RV feel like home in the comment section.
Last update on 2020-03-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API