Name: Thousand Trails Lake Conroe
Address: 11720 Thousand Trails Rd., Willis, TX 77318
Cost: Free, $3/day for 50 amp
Membership: Thousand Trails
We want to say Thousand Trails Lake Conroe had some of the nicest amenities of the Thousand Trails campgrounds we have visited. They were still upgrading and remodeling while we were there so it will only continue to get better. This would be a great summer vacation spot as they seem very family friendly. This is our top pick for a Lake Conroe RV & camping resort. If you don’t have an RV and are looking for a Lake Conroe cabin rental, they have those too.
Our only complaint about this RV park was that the pull-through campsites were very close together. Once our neighbor moved in and opened his slides, our living room windows were only 6 inches apart. That is way too close for comfort. Later that week while exploring the RV resort we noticed that we should have opted for a back-in campsite. Those are set-up to have more space between RVs.
Benefit & Features:
- Easy driving distance to Houston
- Number of sites: 360, only 10 are water & electric only
- List common amenities: Pool, spa, dog park, activity center, tennis basketball and pickleball courts.
- What’s unique? On a gorgeous lake! The pool is the nicest we’ve seen on our journey yet. They have cabanas with mini fridges and TVs. Are you kidding me?! That’s right up our alley. They have a car wash station and are building adorable cottages on the lake called The Reserve. There are even rental kayaks.
- Do we recommend this campsite? Yes. As we said before, we imagine this place being an awesome summer vacation spot. We are bummed it was cold during our stay otherwise you would have found us lounging on the man-made beach or renting kayaks.
- Price: This is a Thousand Trails resort so it’s free with your membership, however, this report did charge an additional $3 per day for 50 AMP sites.
- Cell Service: We had some of the fastest internet on our trip at this location. We had AT&T is our cell phone provider and we had three bars of LTE. We use a Verizon hotspot for Wifi and we had four bars of LTE.
- Under construction so occasional power issues when we were there
- Pull-through sites tight
- Door to door sites, less privacy
- Site got really muddy during the rain