Table of Contents Show
When we were first researching the RV lifestyle, we were curious about what it would be like drinking water from the RV. Is it safe to drink from the tap? What additional precautions should we take? What accessories would we need, like an RV water filter?
Thankfully, we learned hooking up your RV to campground connections is really easy! However, each campground’s water quality differs. That’s when we learned having a water filter was an absolute must-have. While most new RVs come with a built-in water filter, it’s not enough for clean, crisp drinking water.
In this article, we’re going to go over which RV water filter we love and why.
What Is An RV Water Filter?
In the simplest of terms, a water filter uses various filter materials that “grab” substances out of the water that passes through it. As the water passes through the filter, clean water comes out. A water filter can reduce or remove:
- Minerals like magnesium and calcium
- Heavy metals
- Offensive odors
By taking these items out of the water, a filter keeps your RV’s pipes healthy, makes your water taste and smell better, and also protects you from bacteria that can be present in a stagnant tank. So adding one to your RV equipment list is a definite must-have. See all of our recommendations for clean and crisp drinking H2O.
The Best: Clear2o Duel Canister System
We recently installed the Clear2o Duel Canister Water Filtration System and love it! This RV water filter is great for many reasons, which we’ll list below.
- Heavy duty RV dual canister premium with Dual stage filtration with gauges protects against sediment, sand, silt, rush...
- Durable over-sized heavy-duty canisters are leak-proof buttress-style threading allowing for maximum water flow will...
Budget Friendly Options
We understand that not everyone can spring for the filtration system above. Thankfully, Clear2o offers a budget-friendly combo that is hard to beat. Their Inline Water Filter and new DirtGuard ensure you are still maintaining clean, drinkable water while not breaking the bank.
- 1 MICRON filtration solid block carbon filter reduces contaminants.
- Durable wide body design with UV coating.
- Eliminates Silt, Sand, Sediment, Rust & other Particulates.
- Prefilter enhances the effectiveness of inline RV Filter.
Benefits and Features
There are many benefits and features to these three products, including:
Clear2o Dual Canister Water Filtration System
- Heavy-duty RV canisters
- Dual-stage filtration with gauges protects
- Canisters are leak-proof
- Buttress-style threading allowing for maximum water flow
- Pressure gauges monitor pressure and provide visual status of filter status
- Can be mounted on the exterior of your RV or staked for additional security
Inline Water Filter:
- 1-micron filtration filter reduces contaminants
- Durable wide body design with UV coating
- Easy to install (no tools needed)
- Ideal for RV drinking water and showering, cleaning, cooking, and rinsing
- Up to 3- 6 months use per canister, depending on use and water quality
- 20-micron sediment filter
- Eliminates silt, sand, sediment, rust, and other particulates
- Prefilter enhances the effectiveness of the inline RV filter
- Fits most Inline RV water filter brands
- Backwashing extends filter life between changes
Final Thoughts on RV Water Filters
Personally, we love Clear2o products. We’re not the only ones though, the three products together average a 4.5-star rating on Amazon. In conclusion, having clean RV water doesn’t have to be complicated! If you’re ready to step up your entire water system, read The Best RV Accessories For Clean and Crisp Drinking Water.
Last update on 2022-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API