Table of Contents Show
- RV Water Accessories
- Final Thoughts
When we first started RVing, we knew there was a slew of RV accessories we would need. What we didn’t realize that there were so many helpful RV water accessories related to freshwater! I have to admit, I thought we just needed a drinking hose and would be good to go… I was wrong.
RV Water Accessories
Something I didn’t think about was that water changes from campground to campground. Not just the taste, but the pressure as well. You can seriously damage your RV water lines if the water pressure is high!
Because there are so many helpful items on the market today, we’ve compiled a list of RV water accessories you definitely need. These items will not only provide clean drinking water but keep your RV safe from high pressure as well.
Let’s get into it!
RV Fresh Water Hose
First, you will need a freshwater hose that is safe to drink from. We like this Zero-G option because it’s super flexible and durable. We actually have two, one for our freshwater and one for our black tank flush.
- Lead-free, complies with consumer product safety improvement act of 2008 for lead content
- Manufactured with f.D.A. Sanctioned materials
Heated Fresh Water Hose
If you will be camping in cold weather, you’ll want to be sure to have a heated freshwater hose in your arsenal. While this isn’t the cheapest RV water accessory, we think they are worth it. If your hose freezes, you can cause damage to your RV pipes or the campground spigot. Most campgrounds will charge you a substantial fee if you break their water spigot, which is why we believe the heated hose a good choice.
- Provides Freeze Protection: Self-regulating heating cable is ideal for water line freeze protection down to -40° F/C;...
- Includes an Energy-Saving Thermostat: Thermostat only heats as needed, saving money on your electric bill
RV Water Filter
If you are particular about your drinking water, we recommend this dual canister option from Clear2O. We like that it has the pressure gauges at the top so you can easily see what’s happening with your canisters and when it’s time to replace them. This RV water accessory is definitely meant for our picky water drinkers.
- Heavy duty RV dual canister premium with Dual stage filtration with gauges protects against sediment, sand, silt, rush...
- Durable over-sized heavy-duty canisters are leak-proof buttress-style threading allowing for maximum water flow will...
If you need a more budget-friendly water filter option, then we suggest going for the Clear2O inline water filter. This option has a 1-micron filtration, which is better than the Camco blue canister you will see online. For around the same price as those, it’s a much better choice!
- 1 MICRON filtration solid carbon block filter reduces harmful contaminants. SUPERIOR WATER FILTRATION proprietary solid...
- Eliminates bad taste and odors. ELIMINATES the unpleasant sulfur taste and odor from campground water. Reduces Bad...
This is a new RV water accessory we were pretty excited about! This would be a fantastic add on for any water filtration system you decide to go with. It’s a pre-filter so it actually helps your other filters last longer, which in the end will save you some money.
- Eliminates Silt, Sand, Sediment, Rust & other Particulates.
- Prefilter enhances the effectiveness of inline RV Filter.
DirtGuard Replacement Filter
This is the replacement filter for the DirtGuart above.
- 20 Micron Polyethylene filter provides a higher dirt holding capacity.
- Eliminates silt, sand, sediment, rust & other particulates.
If you are picky about how your water feels and hate hard water, you’ll want to invest in a good water softener. It recharges with table salt, is only 17 pounds, and has 8,000 grains. Rated at almost 5 stars on Amazon, this option is a great choice.
- Removes Dirt, Paint, Rust, And Scale
- Package length: 7.0"
Water Pressure Regulator
This is such an important product! If you’re only going to buy one thing from this RV water accessories list, make it this one. A water pressure regulator can save your RV from severe damage if the water pressure is too high. Campgrounds are regulated like homes are, so the pressure is going to be all over the board when you travel.
- BEST QUALITY REGULATOR ON THE MARKET. Get the only regulator that is quality tested in the US using American standards,...
- EASY TO INSTALL, EASY TO USE. Effortlessly adjust and monitor your water pressure, and enjoy strong showers and good...
You might not think much when you look at this RV accessory, but we love it. We use elbows in between the connection from our hose to our RV. They help the intake connection not bend and get worn down from constantly screwing and unscrewing our freshwater hose.
- Protect Your Water Hose: Eliminates stress and strain on your RV hoses
- Easy to Set Up: Thanks to an easy-grip connector, it's simple to protect your water hose with this 90-degree water hose...
Water Wye Valve
This is just a handy RV water accessory! We love our wye valve because it allows us to use one campground spigot for two hoses. We hated having to disconnect the freshwater hose anytime we wanted to use it for something else like washing the rig or flushing the black tank.
- Stainless steel quarter-turn pressure seated shut-off valves
- Features easy-grip valve handles and hose connection
Heavy Duty Shut Off Valve
This simple little RV water accessory is nice to have around. It’s basically the lazy version of turning off your water, so you don’t have to twist and untwist the water spigot each time. You can simply turn the knob on this shut off valve!
- Heavy duty brass one way valve, 3/4" Shut off valves, Solid Brass construction.
- Leak-free plated brass ball valve.
Of course, you’re going to need to store your hoses when they aren’t in use. We used to store them in a container with a lid, but if they were wet the water would collect in there. We like the hose caddy option because they’re small and open-air, so no funky smells over time (or collection of water at the bottom).
- SPACE-SAVING SOLUTION: Measuring 17" wide by 6.5" tall, this hose and cord caddy for RVs is compact and maximizes space,...
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: The hose/cord caddy features a versatile design that can accommodate up to 75' of various hose...
Hose Protector Extension
This is a great RV accessory to add in between your inline water filter and your hose. It helps prevent crimping and is super easy to screw on and off.
- Eliminates hose crimping at the faucet
- Easy Gripper for effortless attachment
Garden Hose Nozzle
We like having a garden hose nozzle around for washing the dog, RV, or truck. We like this one because it has nine spray settings depending on what we need it for.
- 【9 SPRAY SETTINGS FOR ALL PURPOSE USES】Choose from jet,soaker,angle,mist center,full,flat,shower and cone spay...
- 【ERGONOMIC HANDLE WITH NON-SLIP GRIP,COMFORTABLE】Labor-saving and non-slip design make this garden hose nozzle feels...
Twist Hose Nozzle
Now, if you’re looking for some more power in your hose nozzle, this is your best bet. You will get maximum pressure with this RV water accessory, which is perfect for spraying down your cement pad or driveway.
- Made with heavy-duty solid brass construction, more durable and long lifespan.
- With 4 holes at the tip for maximum pressure & water flow, adjustable spray rotates from a light stream to powerful...
The last of our RV water accessories is the Water Bandit. We love having this tool around because it doesn’t take up much space. When we do need it, it’s extremely useful! It attaches to any sized faucet. This accessory has helped us many times while boondocking and refilling water from unusual freshwater connections.
- STOPS LEAKY HOSE CONNECTIONS: Connects your hose to unattachable water sources— allowing you to stop wasting water...
- COMPATIBILITY: Water Bandit fits most standard hoses. It works with damaged or stripped faucet threads, and faucets...
Now you know all of the useful RV water accessories for freshwater! In our opinion, each one serves an important purpose to make your RV lifestyle easier. Let us know in the comments if we missed any RV water accessories you love!
Ready for even more fun and useful RV accessories? Check out The Ultimate List of RV Accessories (Over 150 Items!)!
Last update on 2023-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API