When we first started RVing, we knew there was a slew of RV accessories we would need. What we didn’t realize that there were so many helpful RV water accessories related to freshwater! I have to admit, I thought we just needed a drinking hose and would be good to go… I was wrong.
- RV Water Accessories
- Final Thoughts
RV Water Accessories
Something I didn’t think about was that water changes from campground to campground. Not just the taste, but the pressure as well. You can seriously damage your RV water lines if the water pressure is high!
Because there are so many helpful items on the market today, we’ve compiled a list of RV water accessories you definitely need. These items will not only provide clean drinking water but keep your RV safe from high pressure as well.
Let’s get into it!
RV Fresh Water Hose
First, you will need a freshwater hose that is safe to drink from. We like this Zero-G option because it’s super flexible and durable. We actually have two, one for our freshwater and one for our black tank flush.
- Lead-free, complies with Consumer product safety improvement act of 2008 for lead content
- Manufactured with F.D.A. Sanctioned materials
- Made in U.S.A.
Heated Fresh Water Hose
If you will be camping in cold weather, you’ll want to be sure to have a heated freshwater hose in your arsenal. While this isn’t the cheapest RV water accessory, we think they are worth it. If your hose freezes, you can cause damage to your RV pipes or the campground spigot. Most campgrounds will charge you a substantial fee if you break their water spigot, which is why we believe the heated hose a good choice.
- Self-regulating heating cable ideal for water line freeze protection down to -40° F/C
- Made with NSF-61 certified drinking water safe hose
- Includes female-to-male adapter to allow connection to the water supply on either end of hose
- Durable exterior jacket protects water hose and electrical components from damage or exposure
RV Water Filter
If you are particular about your drinking water, we recommend this dual canister option from Clear2O. We like that it has the pressure gauges at the top so you can easily see what’s happening with your canisters and when it’s time to replace them. This RV water accessory is definitely meant for our picky water drinkers.
- Heavy duty RV dual canister premium with Dual stage filtration with gauges protects against sediment, sand, silt, rush and harmful contaminants, bad taste and odors from your RV's fresh water supply—delivering results of fresh, clean, great tasting water straight from your tap.
- Durable over-sized heavy-duty canisters are leak-proof buttress-style threading allowing for maximum water flow will provide a high flow throughout your RV, even allowing uncompromised water flow when showering or cooking.
- Pressure gauges monitors pressure and provide visual status of filter status.
- For exterior use ONLY: Can be mounted or staked for additional security; stakes and mounting hardware not included.
If you need a more budget-friendly water filter option, then we suggest going for the Clear2O inline water filter. This option has a 1-micron filtration, which is better than the Camco blue canister you will see online. For around the same price as those, it’s a much better choice!
- 1 MICRON filtration solid block carbon filter reduces contaminants.
- Durable wide body design with UV coating.
- Easy to install without the need of tools
- Ideal for RV and Marine users for drinking water and showering, cleaning, cooking, and rinsing.
This is a new RV water accessory we were pretty excited about! This would be a fantastic add on for any water filtration system you decide to go with. It’s a pre-filter so it actually helps your other filters last longer, which in the end will save you some money.
- Eliminates Silt, Sand, Sediment, Rust & other Particulates.
- Prefilter enhances the effectiveness of inline RV Filter.
- Fits most Inline RV water filter brands.
- Backwashing extends filter life between changes.
DirtGuard Replacement Filter
This is the replacement filter for the DirtGuart above.
- 20 Micron Polyethylene filter provides a higher dirt holding capacity.
- Eliminates silt, sand, sediment, rust & other particulates.
- Prefilter enhances the effectiveness of inline RV Filter.
- Washable and Reusable.
If you are picky about how your water feels and hate hard water, you’ll want to invest in a good water softener. It recharges with table salt, is only 17 pounds, and has 8,000 grains. Rated at almost 5 stars on Amazon, this option is a great choice.
- Removes Dirt, Paint, Rust, And Scale
- Package length: 7.0"
- Package Width: 24.25"
- Package Height: 7.3"
Water Pressure Regulator
This is such an important product! If you’re only going to buy one thing from this RV water accessories list, make it this one. A water pressure regulator can save your RV from severe damage if the water pressure is too high. Campgrounds are regulated like homes are, so the pressure is going to be all over the board when you travel.
- 2016 Improved Version. We have upgraded our brass regulator after examining other reviews; Our new lead-free regulator contains a more durable pressure gauge with oil to prevent friction of internal components, particularly low lead content, well under the lead free requirement, and comes with a 1 Year WARRANTY.
- Lead Free. This regulator was modified to contain lowest amount of lead of any regulator on the market. Each batch of regulators is tested to contain less than .13% lead, well under the NSF lead-free requirements of .25%. Email us for a copy of our testing certification.
- Regulator gauge contains oil to reduce friction of internal components and greatly increases the life of the product.
- Compatible with all U.S. water sources, including 3/4" garden hose threads and NH threads. Contact us for any compatibility questions by clicking on our store name, "Cartlee", and clicking on the ask a question button.
You might not think much when you look at this RV accessory, but we love it. We use elbows in between the connection from our hose to our RV. They help the intake connection not bend and get worn down from constantly screwing and unscrewing our freshwater hose.
- Prevent hose crimping and strain
- Eliminate unnecessary stress and strain on all RV water intake hose fittings
- Solid brass
- Easy grip connector
Water Wye Valve
This is just a handy RV water accessory! We love our wye valve because it allows us to use one campground spigot for two hoses. We hated having to disconnect the freshwater hose anytime we wanted to use it for something else like washing the rig or flushing the black tank.
- Stainless steel quarter-turn pressure seated shut-off valves
- Features easy-grip valve handles and hose connection
- Easy to use and durable
- Solid brass housing
Heavy Duty Shut Off Valve
This simple little RV water accessory is nice to have around. It’s basically the lazy version of turning off your water, so you don’t have to twist and untwist the water spigot each time. You can simply turn the knob on this shut off valve!
- Heavy duty brass one way valve
- Leak-free plated brass ball valve
- Swivel connectors for accurate attachment to faucet
- Large plastic handle for easy grip, easy to turn on and off. Adjustable flow control.
Of course, you’re going to need to store your hoses when they aren’t in use. We used to store them in a container with a lid, but if they were wet the water would collect in there. We like the hose caddy option because they’re small and open-air, so no funky smells over time (or collection of water at the bottom).
- 17" Wide, 6-1/2" Tall
- Holds up to 75 feet of hose
- Stores hose accessories
- Each hose end unwinds, bulk of hose remains in caddy
Hose Protector Extension
This is a great RV accessory to add in between your inline water filter and your hose. It helps prevent crimping and is super easy to screw on and off.
- Eliminates hose crimping at the faucet
- Easy Gripper for effortless attachment
- Easy to install and use
- CSA low lead content certified and complies with California's AB1953 and Vermont Act 193 Low Lead Laws
Garden Hose Nozzle
We like having a garden hose nozzle around for washing the dog, RV, or truck. We like this one because it has nine spray settings depending on what we need it for.
- 【9 SPRAY SETTINGS FOR ALL PURPOSE USES】Choose from jet,soaker,angle,mist center,full,flat,shower and cone spay patterns to meet any and all of your watering needs.Select the appropriate pattern by rotating the dial of the hose sprayer (the black part of the head).The adjustable setting of the spray nozzle for garden hose provides a wide variety of water pressure.
- 【ERGONOMIC HANDLE WITH NON-SLIP GRIP,COMFORTABLE】Labor-saving and non-slip design make this garden hose nozzle feels good in the hand.The handle featured of our spray nozzle for garden hose fits securely in hand to prevent slipping, sliding & discomfort. No more sore/painful hands.
- 【THE GARDEN HOSE NOZZLE IS EASY TO USE,NO LEAKING】Simple water hose nozzle for a easy job.The garden hose nozzle’s pattern control by hand pressure on handle, the spray nozzle for garden hose has excellent pressure spray, appears sturdy.This hose nozzle has excellent water spray control,high water pressure,far spray reach.
- 【BEST FOR WATERING PLANTS, WASHING CARS & PETS】The hose spray nozzle is perfect for watering Your garden, lawn, grass, park, grow saplings, and flower beds. The water hose nozzle is also great for washing your car, dogs, carpet , pets and ground.
Twist Hose Nozzle
Now, if you’re looking for some more power in your hose nozzle, this is your best bet. You will get maximum pressure with this RV water accessory, which is perfect for spraying down your cement pad or driveway.
- Heavy-duty solid brass construction.
- With 4 holes at the tip for maximum pressure & water flow, adjustable jet rotates from a light stream to powerful stream.
- Fitted with O-ring seals at the back and front to prevent any leaks.
- Great for watering gardens, car washing, deck, siding & driveway cleaning and more. Fits standard garden hose without much hassle, connect easily and securely. Package includes: 2×adjustable jet.
The last of our RV water accessories is the Water Bandit. We love having this tool around because it doesn’t take up much space. When we do need it, it’s extremely useful! It attaches to any sized faucet. This accessory has helped us many times while boondocking and refilling water from unusual freshwater connections.
- Connects a hose to unthreaded faucets or those with stripped threads
- 3 1/4 inch long and attaches to any standard size faucet
- Stop wasting water due to poor connections
- Not intended for use under pressure
Now you know all of the useful RV water accessories for freshwater! In our opinion, each one serves an important purpose to make your RV lifestyle easier. Let us know in the comments if we missed any RV water accessories you love!
Ready for even more fun and useful RV accessories? Check out The Ultimate List of RV Accessories (Over 150 Items!)!
Last update on 2020-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API