Camping is a way to get out in nature, so you may be wondering why we’re talking about TVs in the first place. TVs are great in the RV to snuggle up and stream a movie after a long day of traveling. The quality of your RV TV is especially important if you take your RV tailgating!
Regardless of your reason for traveling with a TV, they can come in handy. We’ve compiled a list of the best TVs for RVs.
Keep reading to find out what kind of TV works best for RV life.
What Kind of TV Is Best for RVing?
Weight is always a factor for anything that goes into an RV. So in terms of a TV, we recommend keeping it small. The models we’ve recommended are 43 inches or less.
You also want to keep in mind the functionality of the TV and how much power it will draw. A 12V TV is going to draw less energy than a regular one. Most RV house batteries will run a 12V TV, which means you don’t need to connect to shore power.
Having a TV in your RV that has multiple purposes is also a great way to save room. For example, if you get a TV with USB or HDMI ports, you can connect your computer to it for an extra computer monitor. If you’re working remotely in your RV, this can come in handy.
Will a Normal TV Work for Your RV?
A regular TV will work in your RV, but remember that it will mean you need to connect to shore power or run your generator. Depending on the style of camping you do, it could be acceptable to use a standard TV. However, remember to check the weight and how much power it uses. You could overload your RV, especially if you’re running the air conditioner and more.
The Best TV for Your RV
We found 11 options that fit the bill for the best TV for RVs. Check them out!
1. Free Signal TV RV Transit 32” 12V LED Flat Screen
- Mobile High Performance 32 inch LED TV - Get HD picture quality from this superb DC-powered 12 volt television with 1366...
- The Easy-to-Set-Up and Versatile RV Flat Screen TV - Simple 12V connection. 3 HDMI Inputs. Can also be used at home by...
Free Signal TV’s RV flat screen is perfect for mobile use. It’s lightweight and has 1,366 x 768 resolution. It draws little power since it’s 12V. You can also use it on a regular outlet with an adapter. The TV has three HDMI inputs, and you can mount it on a wall or stand it on a table. In addition, it comes with a one-year full replacement warranty.
Price: The 32-inch costs approximately $349. There’s also a 22-inch model that sells for $90 less. And if you want a larger version, they sell a 40-inch for $100 more.
2. Jensen JTV1917DVDC 19” LCD LED RV TV with DVD Player
- 12V DC Power, High performance wide 16:9 LCD panel
- 1366 x 768 resolution, 16.7 million colors, Integrated HDTV (ASTC) tuner, HD ready (1080p, 720p, 480p)
Jensen’s 19-inch RV TV comes with a DVD player and integrated HDTV tuner. It has 12V DC power and also comes with a 110VAC AC/DC power adapter. The resolution is 1,366 x 768, and it’s HD-ready with 1080p, 720p, and 480p. It includes a tabletop stand, or you can purchase a wall mount separately.
3. SuperSonic SC-2411 LED 24″ Widescreen HDTV
- 📺 HD DETAIL 📺: Supersonic HDTV brings you a crisp 1080p picture quality for stunning detail and contrast. With a...
- 🍿 ENTERTAINMENT 🍿: Enjoy your shows almost anywhere! Our TVs are designed to be perfect for any location, such as...
SuperSonic’s 24-inch widescreen HDTV has 1,366 x 768 resolution. With digital noise reduction and multiple picture modes, it’s great for an RV TV. It has HDMI, USB, and AC ports for connecting streaming service tools or computers. In addition, it includes a tabletop stand, and you can pick up a separate wall mount.
4. LG LED RV TV 22″ Full HD 1080p
- Your purchase includes One LG 22LJ4540 22-Inch LED TV, 2017 model, one controller and User Manual
- TV Dimensions: Without Stand - 20" W x 2.1" H x 12.5" D. With Stand - 20" W x 5.8" H x 14.1" D. Screen size: 21.5”...
The LG LED 22-inch RV TV is compact and RV-ready. It has a triple XD engine that processes images to increase the natural color expression and give the picture a more profound contrast. And it has LG’s LED backlighting which provides brighter image clarity. The TV has one antenna or cable input and one HDMI input.
5. Tyler 14” Portable TV LCD Monitor 1080P
- 14" HDTV supports up to 1080p with Dual Tuners ATSC and NTSC
- Built-in Battery Provides up to 4 Hours of Use
The Tyler 14-inch portable TV has dual tuners — ATSC and NTSC. It has a built-in battery that lasts for up to four hours. Use the headphone jack for private listening. In addition, the TV includes HDMI, USB, and SD card inputs for connecting your streaming service tools such as a Roku, Apple TV, and more.
6. TCL 43-inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change...
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes...
TCL’s 43-inch smart LED Roku TV has access to more than 5,000 streaming channels through Roku TV. It offers voice control that works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Or control it via the Roku mobile app. There are three HDMI inputs, one USB, and a headphone jack.
7. ASA LED TV with Integrated HDTV JTV24DC
The ASA LED TV is 23.8 inches and has integrated HDTV JTV24DC. Its resolution is 1080p, and it has a built-in high-definition tuner. The TV offers USB, HDMI, and VGA inputs for connecting your streaming service tools or computer. In addition, it has steel-reinforced mounting points for a wall mount, though you have to buy the mount separately.
8. GPX TDE3274B 32-Inch DLED 1080p HDTV with Built-in DVD Player
The GPX HDTV has a built-in DVD player. It also has SD card and USB ports for connecting a streaming service tool. Or use it as a computer monitor while working in your RV. The TV comes with a 90-day warranty.
9. SuperSonic SC-1912 LED Widescreen HDTV 19″, Built-in DVD Player
- 📺 DETAIL 📺: Supersonic HDTV brings you a crisp 1080p picture quality for stunning detail and contrast. The colors...
- 📀 BUILT-IN DVD PLAYER 📀: Supersonic HDTV comes equipped with a DVD player built into the television set. This will...
SuperSonic’s LED widescreen HDTV has a built-in DVD player as well as USB and HDMI ports. It can serve as a television or computer monitor. The resolution is 720p, and it has digital noise reduction and multiple picture modes.
10. WONNIE 17.9’’ Large Portable DVD/CD Player with 15.6” Swivel Screen
- 💕 Swivelable Screen- 2021 New Updated 17.9’’ Full size and inner 15.6’’ widescreen and 1366*768 TFT LCD with...
- 💕 5600mAh Battery Capacity- Bulit-in durable and safe Li-polymer rechargeable battery allow about 6 hours ( a full...
Wonnie’s 17.9-inch portable DVD/CD player is highly mobile. At just under two pounds, you can transport the TV from home to your RV. The screen has a 270-degree rotation and 180-degree flip feature for multiple viewing angles. It has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to six hours. The DVD player has a car charger and a three-in-one AC adapter. Note that the DVD/CD player doesn’t support Blu-ray discs.
11. RecPro RV TV 28″ 720p HD 12V DC or 120V AC
- Operates on 12v DC or 120v AC using the included power adapters
- With a native resolution of 1366*768, this TV accepts video signals up to 1080p. This device does not support 4k...
The RecPro RV TV operates on 12V DC or 120V AC and includes power adapters. The TV accepts video signals up to 1080p but doesn’t support 4k signals. It has a built-in TV tuner for watching television from anywhere and HDMI ports. It comes with a table stand and wall mount screws.
Do You Really Need a TV in Your RV?
That comes down to personal preference.
If you camp to get away from it all, then a TV might be a distraction. But they sure do come in handy to catch the news, watch live sports, or kick back on a rainy day. If you do choose the TV route, our list may help narrow your search. You might have to mix and match to get all the features you’re looking for, though.
What kind of TV do you like to keep in your RV?
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API