Table of Contents Show
- What Is an RV Stove Cover?
- What Are the Benefits of an RV Stove Cover?
- What Is the Average Size of an RV Stove Top?
- Can You Cover a Gas RV Stove?
- The Best RV Stove Covers to Create Extra Counter Space
- #1. Camco RV Stove Top Cover, Universal Fit
- #2. Suburban Bi-fold Range Cover
- #3. Camco Hardwood Cutting Board and Stove Topper
- #4. Camco Bamboo Stove Top Work Surface, 2 Burner
- #5. Suburban Glass Cooktop Cover, 3 Burner
- #6. Suburban Glass Cover-Slide-in Cooktops and Ranges
- #7. Camco Bamboo RV Stove Cover Silent Top
- Is an RV Stove Cover Worth It?
Do you get frustrated that your RV stove takes up unusable space in an already tiny kitchen? Any extra room to work in your RV kitchen is a bonus. So consider an RV stove cover that creates more counter space.
You might be surprised at how much more room you’ll have to cook with a multifunctional cover. From extra space to chop vegetables to a flat surface to set your Instant Pot on, your stove area is a hot commodity.
Let’s look at which covers will help increase the size of your RV kitchen’s countertop.
What Is an RV Stove Cover?
An RV stove cover is a protective barrier over the stove’s burners that keeps dirt, water, and food bits from falling into the burners during prep. You’ll usually find glass, metal, or wood options — we wouldn’t recommend getting a plastic cover.
Unlike a residential stove in a traditional home, an RV stovetop can gather more dust and debris. Plus, it’s wise to cover your RV stove when in transit to protect the burners if something were to fall.
What Are the Benefits of an RV Stove Cover?
The benefits of an RV stove cover include being solid and durable to protect the stovetop and burners. It can also add counter space or function as a cutting board.
The cover also contributes to your decor. A nice cover can be much prettier to look at than stove burners.
What Is the Average Size of an RV Stove Top?
RV stovetops usually have two to four burners. They sit on top of the RV oven, which also varies in size. An RV oven can be as little as 17in wide or as big as 21in wide. Some large, luxury RVs may even fit a residential-style range.
Before buying a cover, measure your stovetop so make sure your cover will fit.
Pro Tip: Upgrade your RV kitchen with the 5 best stove and ovens with large cooktops.
Can You Cover a Gas RV Stove?
You can cover a gas RV stovetop as long as it’s cool. Covering the gas burners while they’re on or when they’re still hot can damage the cover. It could also pose a fire hazard. Always turn off the burners and wait for them to completely cool before shutting the RV stove cover.
It’s also dangerous to contain your stove’s propane under the cover.
The Best RV Stove Covers to Create Extra Counter Space
Check out these RV stove covers to see how you can create extra counter space in your kitchen on wheels.
#1. Camco RV Stove Top Cover, Universal Fit
- PROTECTS & HIDES STOVE TOP BURNERS: Protects and hides stove top burners while adding extra counter space in your RV or...
- HINGED DESIGN & ACTS AS A SPLASH GUARD: Hinged for easy front burner access— arranges three separate ways for simple...
About: The Camco RV Stove Top Cover is 21” x 21.5” wide and 1.75” thick. It’ll fit nearly any RV stovetop, and it has hinges to fold it back when you’re not using it. You can fold it to reveal only the front burners or both front and back. And it doubles as a backsplash when it’s open. It’s made of 20 gauge steel and provides a sturdy addition to your counter space.
#2. Suburban Bi-fold Range Cover
- Dimension: 19-1/2" W x 17-1/2" D x 1-1/2" H
- Constructed of durable material
About: Suburban’s Bi-fold Range Cover is a simple but effective unit. It has black durable material and is lightweight at only 2 lbs. It’s dimensions are 19.5” x 17.5” x 1.5”. The bi-fold cover is ideal for three burner RV stovetops. It’s quick and easy to install and offers extra counter space and protection for your stove.
#3. Camco Hardwood Cutting Board and Stove Topper
- Hardwood Stove Topper/Cutting Board
- Hide burners, eliminate rattles and add an attractive cutting board to your RV kitchen
About: Camco’s Hardwood Cutting Board and Stove Topper is a creative way to get more countertop space. The non-skid cutting board sits on the stovetop without latches or a need for installation. So you can take it off to wash it or move it to different sections of the kitchen where you can cut up food or set equipment on it. The dimensions are 18.8” x 17.7” x 0.7”.
Pro Tip: Maximize your space with these RV kitchen storage ideas.
#4. Camco Bamboo Stove Top Work Surface, 2 Burner
- Measures 21.25"L x 11.5"W x 2.5"H
- Legs adjust up to 3.5" so they easily position around stove burners
About: Camco’s Bamboo Stove Top Work Surface is similar to their hardwood cutting board and stove topper. However, it has adjustable legs that can extend to 3.5” high. The cutting board sits over two burners on a stovetop and is 21.25” x 11.5” x 2.5”. Since it’s bamboo, it makes for a firm work surface that doesn’t dull knives.
#5. Suburban Glass Cooktop Cover, 3 Burner
- Provides a stylish, sophisticated look for your RV
- Glass cover fits 3-Burner cooktops
About: The Suburban Glass Cooktop Cover is for a three-burner stovetop. It sits flush with your RV kitchen’s countertop, making it the perfect workspace extension. However, be aware that it’s glass and could scratch or shatter without some care. The product is easy to install and folds up on hinges to make a backsplash when open. It measures 24.76” x 22.01” x 2.48”.
#6. Suburban Glass Cover-Slide-in Cooktops and Ranges
- Provides a stylish, sophisticated look for your RV
- Glass cover fits slide-in cooktops and ranges
About: Suburban’s Glass Cover-Slide-in Cooktops and Ranges are a little smaller than their three burner glass cooktop cover. It is 17” long and 22” wide. The glass cover fits slide-in cooktops and ranges and is flush with the countertop. This makes for a stylish and seamless workspace in your RV kitchen.
#7. Camco Bamboo RV Stove Cover Silent Top
- Protects and Hides Stove Top Burners: Protects and hides stove top burners while adding extra counter space in your RV
- Stops Rattling: The non-slip bottom keeps the cover in-place and helps silence rattling while on the move
About: Camco’s Bamboo RV Stove Cover Silent Top doubles as a chopping board and workspace. The bamboo wood is moisture resistant and holds its shape, so you can get years of use out of it. It fits three and four-burner RV stoves and measures 19.5” x 17” x 0.75”. The cover simply sits on top of the burners.
Is an RV Stove Cover Worth It?
An RV stove cover is a great investment for two main reasons: extra counter space and keeping your burners clean. The investment is slight, but you get huge benefits from it. So we think it’s worth adding this piece of equipment to your RV kitchen. We’re pretty sure you’ll be happy for many camping trips with this addition.
Last update on 2023-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API