Well, it finally happened.
After full-time RV living for ten months, I was fed up with how unorganized our kitchen was! Our pantry and cupboards were a downright mess.
When you literally cringe every time you open the pantry, you know it’s time for some RV organization accessories.
Like any internet-addicted millennial, I turned to Pinterest for RV storage ideas and RV organization hacks.
While I do enjoy a good cleaning and reorganization session, I also enjoy quick and easy solutions.
Here’s what I did to efficiently (and cheaply!) organize my RV cupboards and pantry.
First, I wanted to protect the bottom of our shelves from additional wear and tear so I purchased grip shelf liners.
- [SHELF LINERS] With amazing color & design, add style to freshen up your shelves, drawers, & closets
- [FEATURES] Protects Shelves, Drawers, & Flat Surfaces from everyday wear & tear. Wipes Clean - Grips on Contact - Cutable Material - Non Slip Design - Non Paper Layer - Ideal for Shelves, Drawers, & Flat Surfaces
- [SMART DESIGN QUALITY] All Smart Design products undergo stringent quality assurance & control.
- [24/7 USA SUPPORT] Contact us online or phone for product questions, concerns, & warranty info.
I chose a cute white and gray pattern that matched the colors in our kitchen. I always meant to put some in before we moved into the RV but never got around to it. I’m so glad I finally did because they brighten up the darker cabinets and hold things in place, which is pretty important when your house moves.
Second, our pantry shelves are pretty tall so I knew we needed to maximize that with some expandable shelves.
- Dimensions: 15.75" to 30" W x 9.4" D x 5.7" H
- Adjustable from 15.75" to 30" wide
- Sturdy iron construction
- Elegant platinum finish
I was so sick of our food piling up on top of each other in the pantry and these shelves were the perfect addition. Now everything has a place!
The third RV organization hack I decided to try was switching my flour and sugar to airtight food storage containers.
I’ve heard these are great for preventing unwelcome rodents and insects into your RV but the real reason I decided to switch was because of humidity. We’re exploring parts of the United States that have really high humidity levels and I noticed that was making my sugar hard. These containers definitely solved that for me!
The fourth (and probably my favorite) RV organization accessory purchase was the lazy Susan turntable!
- Soft, non-slip lip for easy turning
- Larger base prevents interference with surrounding items and walls
- Deep ledge on platform helps keep items upright
- Non-slip rubber feet protect all surfaces
Honestly, I have no idea why but I hated lazy susans before. My family never even owned one so I have no idea where this bias came from, but I’m glad I got over it. This little gadget is so awesome and completely fixed my problem of hunting down the flavor of Crystal Light I want.
The fifth RV organization accessory I purchased was a 2-tier corner plate organizer.
- Dimensions: 10.23" W x 10" D x 8.58" H
- 2 Ventilated Tiers
- Sturdy iron construction
- Elegant platinum finish. Weight capacity - 8 lbs/shelf
This thing is awesome! It prevents the plates from sliding around while towing the RV and gives me more shelf space for our coffee mugs (and yes, we are addicted to buying coffee mugs).
I know the top shelf doesn’t look much better but I did get rid of some water bottles we’ve never used and organized the order of things.
It’s actually important to have your shelves full because it prevents slipping and sliding while moving. I call it the “cram it full method” and it totally works.
The last RV storage idea I found (and quickly became obsessed with) was an expandable spice shelf.
- 3 TIERS: The compact, tiered design provides plenty of storage space; Use it to store herbs, spices, curries, seeds, salts, baking supplies, and more; Perfect for organizing aspirin, vitamins, essential oils and other daily medications in the bathroom cabinet; The tiered shelves make it quick and easy to read the labels on spice bottles, identify their contents and locate the item you need; Place in kitchen cabinets, pantries, shelves, cupboards or use it on a kitchen countertop
- MAXIMIZE YOUR SPACE: Create more space in cluttered kitchen cabinets, shelves and pantries with this highly functional tiered shelf organizer; This organizer discreetly stores needed cooking and baking essentials inside the pantry or cabinet; Items are within easy reach, but out of view, keeping your kitchen looking organized and clean; No hardware needed, it is easy to use - just place it inside the kitchen pantry or a cabinet and expand it to the size that works best for a custom fit
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE: The 3-tiered and angled levels make it easy to locate and quickly grab what you need; Use it throughout the home like the kitchen, bathroom or bedroom; Perfect for storing and organizing nail polish, perfume, lotions, body sprays, makeup, lipstick and other cosmetics in the bathroom; Works in craft areas for paint or glitter bottles; Use it in condos, apartments, RVs, cabins and campers
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made of durable BPA and Chlorine free shatter-resistant plastic; Easy Care - clean with mild soap and water; Do not place in dishwasher
It allows me to see all of my spices and vitamins since it is tiered. Because it is expandable it fits perfectly across the entire cupboard, allowing me to use all of the space.
I also picked up some expandable tension rods to go across the cupboard so our spices and vitamins don’t fall while we’re traveling.
Well, what do you think of the before and after?!
I’m completely in love with all of these RV organization hacks and think our cupboards and pantry look 1000x better than before.
Now I can’t stop looking around our fifth wheel wondering what other RV storage ideas I can use…
What are some of your favorite RV storage organization tips and tricks?
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API