Table of Contents Show
If you’re a frequent camper, it can sometimes feel like you’ve done it all. And as wonderful as another hike or night sitting around the fire can be, you may be looking for something new to keep you and your fellow campers entertained. But there are plenty of fresh, engaging, and–most importantly–fun things to bring camping. Let’s take a look!
9 Fun Things to Bring on Your Next Camping Trip
These simple items can help add significant entertainment or style to your next camping trip. And the best part? They’re all affordable, fun, and can be useful too!
#1. Mystical Fire Crystals
- BEAUTIFUL CAMPFIRE COLORS - Take your camping trip from 'meh' to 'marvelous' in seconds with our colorful solution for...
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FUN - Perfect for fireplaces, fire pits, bonfires, or just a casual campfire, our fire changing color...
Why Bring It Along: Turn your regular old campfire into a dazzling colored blaze! By just tossing one of these Mystical Fire Crytal packs on your fire, you’ll get 15-45 minutes of vibrant green, blue, yellow, and purple flames. It can add a spooky element to your campfire ghost stories or just give the kids something to look at while the adults relax. At less than $11 for a 12-pack, you’ll get plenty of bang for your buck too!
Fun Meter: 7/10 – Unusual, entertaining, affordable, and easy to take on the go.
#.2 Glow in the Dark Duct Tape
- Glow in the dark duct tape
- Has excellent resistance to UV light
Why Bring It Along: It’s an old truism that you can fix anything with duct tape. That includes a boring camping trip! Use glow-in-the-dark duct tape to decorate your campsite or add flair to everyday camping items. The extra light can also highlight specific objects or parts of your camp when it’s dark. And when a piece of camping equipment inevitably breaks, you’ll already be prepared.
Fun Meter: 6/10 – At the end of the day, it’s duct tape. While it might not be the most fun thing to bring camping, this type of duct tape is still a fun element of an otherwise unremarkable piece of equipment.
#3. Beat That! Board Game
- 160 CHALLENGES: Ever had the satisfaction of throwing a paper ball in the bin from across the room? Well, that feeling...
- FAST & FRENZIED FUN: Win by betting on your ability to successfully complete a series of ridiculous dexterity-based...
Why Bring It Along: You may feel like you’ve played enough board games to last a lifetime. But Beat That! brings a new twist to bring out fierce competition among your fellow campers. Using a variety of items, including plastic cups and ping pong balls, you’ll battle it out in one of 160 unique challenges. This game can be fun for the whole family with two to eight players, and it’s suitable for all players older than nine.
Fun Meter: 8/10 -This simple ever-changing game can provide hours of fun in a tiny box.
#4 Light Up Bocce Ball
- 85MM LED BOCCE BALLS: Each ball has 1 ultra-bright battery powered LED to add a whole new level of fun for nighttime...
- 8.5OZ LIGHTWEIGHT SET: Includes 8.5oz weight 85mm LED Bocce Balls (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green, 2 blue), pallino, measuring...
Why Bring It Along: The games don’t have to stop just because the sun is going down! Break out this light-up bocce ball set and keep the fun going. The light-up balls include high-powered LEDs with long-lasting batteries, so you’ll have plenty of bocce battles before replacing the batteries. Plus, it’s easy to take with you wherever you’re heading, thanks to a lightweight carrying case.
Fun Meter: 8/10 – A cool twist on a lawn game favorite for the whole family.
#5 Burrito Wrap Blanket
- Love Mexican food? Imagine wrapping yourself in our ultra-soft giant burrito blanket and become a tortilla, taco,...
- Looking for a funny gift for your friends or family members? Our Burrito Tortilla Throw Blanket comes in special...
Why Bring It Along: On a chilly night outdoors, you might wrap yourself in a blanket like a human burrito. Here’s your chance to take that burrito one step further! This ultra-soft microfiber fleece blanket measures nearly six feet in diameter. It’s printed on both sides with the classic look of a flour tortilla. It’s also machine washable, so don’t worry about getting it dirty around the campsite.
Fun Meter: 7/10 – It won’t necessarily bring you hours of fun, but it’ll make you and your companions smile when you wrap yourself in it! It’s a perfect choice for lovers of Mexican food or anyone who likes getting cozy on a chilly night.
#6. Inflatable Air Lounger
- ✔ EASY INFLATION-No pump required. Just whisk it through the air to inflate. The little trick is that you need to trap...
- ✔ UNIQUE PILLOW SHAPED HEADREST DESIGN- WEKAPO air lounger has patented pillow shaped headrest design that gives your...
Why Bring It Along: If the thought of trying to relax on those foldable canvas and metal camp chairs is enough to get your back aching already, then you need this inflatable air lounger.
This uniquely designed inflatable lounger lets you lie back and relax with extra support for your upper back and neck. It features several pockets for reading materials or gadgets, along with a drink holder.
Filling the lounger with air is easy, and it stays inflated for up to six hours. You’ll also get a handy carrying case, a stake for securing it, and even a bottle opener for ultimate relaxation . Plus, at less than three pounds, it’s ultra-portable so that you can take it just about anywhere.
Fun Meter: 9/10 – For those looking to get their chill on, this is one of the most fun things to bring camping.
#7. Tailgating Table
- Tailgating Table - Perfect table for football parking lot tailgate parties, camping, beach trips, hikes, and more
- Features insulated cooler, 4 cup holders, and mesh food basket to fit tailgating, camping, or beach food and drinks....
Why Bring It Along: Your outdoor hangout will never be the same with this convenient, multi-featured tailgating table. It has four cup holders, an insulated cooler, and a food basket for snacks–all in one easy-to-transport package.
It’s a multi-function item under five pounds, so you can leave some bulkier and heavier camping equipment at home.
Fun Meter: 9/10 – A convenient, space-saving, and fun way to spice up your outdoor hangouts, whether they’re at the campsite or in the stadium parking lot.
#8. LED Light Rope
- 【What Includes】The 5 ft outdoor rope lights come with universal noodle ties, built-in magnets, a utility loop, and a...
- 【Battery Operated】Our white LED rope light with a patented design can produce up to 180 lumens of camp light (USB...
Why Bring It Along: A LED light rope is an easy and versatile way to add extra light and style to your camping setup. These 5- or 10-foot ropes have built-in magnets for quick installation and include loop ties for hanging on non-magnetic surfaces.
At 180 lumens, they produce the perfect amount of light to help you see without ruining that peaceful campsite vibe. Even better, the rope doubles as a lantern when coiled up and put inside the semi-transparent carrying case. You’ll need to purchase or provide a power source, but at around $30 for both the rope and a battery, it’s still an affordable option.
Fun Meter: 7/10 – Bring stylish illumination with you on the go, and never be left stumbling through your campsite after dark.
#9. Scavenger Hunt Card Game
- gofindit is the original scavenger hunt card game that uses all your senses. A natural outdoor treasure hunt to learn...
- Fun game for the whole family children of all ages will enjoy playing. Suitable for kindergarten, preschool, forest...
Why Bring It Along: Finding a way to keep the kids occupied can be one of the most persistent challenges for parents and families while camping. But with the help of this easy-to-understand scavenger hunt game, you can provide hours of wholesome fun with no screens or batteries.
Each card describes a natural object (tall, round, furry, etc.) to find. Depending on the cards and your situation, this game can last from a few minutes to a whole week or more!
Fun Meter: 8/10 – How many other ways can you amuse the kids while helping them connect with nature, all with something that can fit in your pocket?
Which Fun Things Are You Bringing?
It can be challenging to come up with new and fun things to bring camping, but if you keep this list handy, you’ll have plenty of options for your next trip. These unique and affordable items can help seriously improve your camping life and have your fellow campers begging for another trip!
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API