Table of Contents Show
Camping is a great time to get everyone involved in some group games! Outdoor or indoor, games are a fun way to get everyone to bond over some competitive activities. We love these exciting games everyone can enjoy while camping.
Outdoor games are great for nice days and can even tire out the kids or keep them occupied while you’re getting ready for a meal. Bocce Ball, Corn Hole, Ladder Golf, and Horseshoes are all popular.
- COMPLETE SET: 90 mm (3.54 in) bocce balls (2 red + 2 green + 2 blue + 2 yellow)
- CANVAS BOCCE BAG: Includes durable canvas carrying case to easily enjoy Bocce outdoors and to store after use
Bocce Ball is also known as Italian lawn bowling, and is one of the oldest yard games. This game can be played by people of all ages, and just about any flat ground will work for a bocce court, dirt, grass, gravel, or even a patio. You can play with two people or create even teams. All you need to bring with you are 8 bocce balls and a smaller pallina or target ball. A tape measure can be handy in close calls. After the coin toss, the pallina is tossed to start the game target. The same player then tosses a bocce ball as close as possible to the pallina. The next team tries to hit that ball farther away. This continues until the 8 balls are thrown. The team closest to the pallina gets a point, and if it touches the pallina you get 2 points. Rounds are played until a set point total. A total of 12 points works well for campground games.
- 100% SOLID WOOD: Premium handcrafted boards with oak surfaces, varnished with American Flag graphics that allow the wood...
- REGULATION SIZE: Full cornhole set includes 2 regulation size (4 feet x 2 feet) cornhole boards for authentic gameplay,...
Corn Hole is a game with two large elevated 2ft. by 4 ft. boards with 6 inch holes cut in them, and 4 corn filled bags. Many families have custom corn hole boards with sports teams or family names on them, and there are patterns and ideas for making your own! You can play with two people or even teams. Players stand opposite each other, and if on teams, players stand opposite their team mate. Players toss their corn filled bags and attempt to get them in the hole. Each bag landed on the board gets 1 point, and 3 points scored for bags in the hole, either thrown in or knocked through.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Set includes 2 targets with score trackers, 6 rubber bolos, carrying case, and rules
- FASTEST ASSEMBLY: PVC targets are pre-glued so assembly takes under 2 minutes
Ladder Golf is another popular outdoor camping game. Two ladder-like structures are placed about 15 feet apart, and players toss three “bolas” (two golf balls connected with a piece of nylon rope) onto the rungs of the ladder. The top rung is 3 points, the middle is 2 points, and the bottom rung is 1 point. The first person or team to 21 points wins.
- AN UPGRADE TO A BELOVED CLASSIC: Take home the win with Triumph's Steel Horseshoes Set
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR GATHERINGS: Excellent game for backyard fun with your friends and family
Horseshoes are played with metal or plastic horseshoes and pegs that are placed in the ground, regulation is 40 feet apart. Players compete by tossing the shoes and trying to get them around the peg. Horseshoes around the peg are “ringers” and get 3 points, if no ringers are thrown the closest horseshoe gets 1 point. If each player scores a ringer, the points cancel out. Play continues for a certain amount of innings or points, usually 15 or 21 for backyard horseshoes.
If the weather isn’t great, indoor games can be a fun way of passing the time in the trailer, or under the RV awning. Bananagrams, Catchphrase, Uno, Exploding Kittens, Yahtzee, Phase 10, and Rummikub are popular with campers.
- FUN FOR EVERYONE – Gather your family and friends and race against each other to build crossword grids. This anagram...
- ENTERTAINING AND EDUCATIONAL – While this game is easy to play, Bananagrams is also educational. Teach your kids how...
Bananagrams is a simpler Scrabble. Players take 21 tiles out of a pouch and form words using those tiles, creating their own word grid. When a player uses their last letter, they call out “peel” and everyone takes another tile. You can exchange tiles but have to take 3 more to replace it. The first person to use all their letters and call out BANANAS wins!
- 5,000 words and phrases
- Timer keeps track and buzzes when a team's out of time
Catchphrase is a game where the player describes the word or phrase shown as fast as possible and tries to get their team to guess correctly before the time runs out!
- UNO is the classic family card game that's easy to learn and so much fun to play!
- In a race to deplete your hand, match one of your cards with the current card shown on top of the deck by either color...
Uno is an old favorite at the campground and at home. Using a specialized deck of cards, players try to match colors or numbers, using Skip and other extra cards to be the first person without any cards in their hand. The others then tally their cards. The person gets the points for all the others cards. The first person to 500 points wins.
- A Kitty-Powered Russian Roulette Card Game - The hit party game for family and friends who are into kittens and...
- A Simple Card Game for Kids and Adults - Perfect for all occasions, including a family game night, beach trip, road trip...
Exploding Kittens is a newer card game with a variety of unique and funny strategic cards, and the goal is to not pick the exploding kitten card unless you have other cards that keep you in the game!
- DICE ROLLIN’ BATTLE GAME - Classic parlor game has captivated players, young and old, since 1956
- EXCITING COMBINATION - Unique combination of luck and strategy makes every game an exciting challenge
Yahtzee is another classic game that combines five dice, and you roll and score in 13 categories. This game is a little more advanced with various ways to play and score, but has been a family favorite for decades and teaches kids math and strategy.
Phase 10 is another game that uses special cards. Players must collect cards out of a draw and discard system to match various suits and move to the next “phase” on the list of 10. Strategy and numbers are learned and this game can be fun for all ages, and like any card game, it is easy to pack and inexpensive!
- With more than 55 million units sold, Rummikub is one of the world's best-selling and most-played games
- Players take turns placing numbered tiles in runs or groups, Rummy style - the first player to use all of their tiles...
Rummikub is a tile game where players draw 14 tiles each, and then make runs or groups that add up to at least 30 points. Each player then tries to make their tiles play off of the existing played tiles to form a set. When one player runs out of tiles, the losers add up their tiles written as a negative number, and the winner of that round gets the same number as a positive score.
Whether outdoor or indoor, games are a great way to spend time together at the campground with family and friends creating special camping memories!
You have got to try Mexican Train Dominoes. So much fun. As we travel and stop to visit family and friends we teach them to also play.
Love to play games while camping or at home! I love the card game Golf. Also enjoy Yahtzee, Rummikub, Apples to Apples are just a few of the favorites.
Golf looks fun!
Games reply. All 3 of these come in travel size.
Qwirkle was gifted to us. We love it too!
Tri-Ominos, been my favourite for over 10 years. I have no idea if it’s still being sold, probably different versions of it by now – (reinventing older games). Cheers 🍻
We play many of the games you listed but we also have an outdoor Yahtzee set with wooden dice.
My wife just reminded me of Tenzi when there is a lot of us.