Table of Contents Show
- Plan Ahead for the Ultimate Summer Road Trip
- Invest in a 12V Fridge to Keep Food & Drinks Cold
- Add a Sleeping Platform in Your Car to Save Money on Hotels
- Use the GasBuddy App to Save on Gas
- Make the Most of Your Drive with the Roadside America App
- Use Clear Totes to Organize Items
- Get a Multi-Port Car Charger for All Devices
- Hang an Organizer from the Seat to Store Items
- Learn How to Find Epic Free Campsites
- Bring a JetBoil for Hot Coffee, Tea, and Soup on the Road
- Maximize Space with Clear Plastic Storage Drawers
- Have the Best Summer Road Trip Ever
It’s almost summer, and the road is calling! It’s the best season for traveling and road trips. Warm breezes, gorgeous sunsets, and good tunes… it’s what dreams are made of. To make your next summer road trip an epic one, check out these 10 hacks!
Plan Ahead for the Ultimate Summer Road Trip
The key to any summer road trip is planning! Sure, there are times when we want just to drop it all and hit the road. But that’s more of a fun idea in theory than it is in practice. With just a bit of planning and preparation, your summer road trip will go much smoother, and you’ll have happy memories for years to come.
Invest in a 12V Fridge to Keep Food & Drinks Cold
Bringing along food and drinks on a summer road trip is a game-changer. But do you know what’s a game-changer for that game-changer? Switching from a soggy cooler of ice water to a 12V fridge!
12V portable fridges keep food and beverages nice and cold, and you don’t have to worry about buying ice, draining it, or keeping your items dry.
Add a Sleeping Platform in Your Car to Save Money on Hotels
If you’re hitting the road for an extended road trip, you might as well sleep in your car! Not only is sleeping in your car fun, but it’s also free.
You can find fantastic campsites and wake up to incredible views when you car camp. Just add a sleeping platform, and voila! No hotel fees!
- Car Bed Dimension: 35.4*55*17.7 inches (after inflating)
- Durable and strong and Inflatable convenient, Lightweight folded, easy to carry, open the bleeder valve, press and make...
Use the GasBuddy App to Save on Gas
Depending on where you’re going and how you’re staying, gas might be the most significant expense of your entire summer road trip. And every time you can save a few cents, it will add up!
GasBuddy is a nifty free app that will show you nearby gas stations along your route, so you can choose the cheapest gas and keep traveling down the road.
Make the Most of Your Drive with the Roadside America App
Don’t ignore all the weird, wacky, unique, and cool roadside attractions you’ll see advertised on road signs for miles. Stop and take a look! And you can plan those stops with a helpful app.
With the Roadside America app, you can see all the roadside attractions along your route before getting to them. You can plan them into your summer road trip and make even more memories along the way!
Use Clear Totes to Organize Items
A summer road trip is great, but keeping everything together is a headache sometimes. The key to proper road trip organization is totes–lots of them! They should be clear so that you can see the contents inside.
For best results, organize them by category. For example, you can pack your kitchen stuff, toiletries, games, and more in separate clear totes. Bonus points if they’re stackable!
- MADE IN USA QUALITY – IRIS USA’s large clear plastic buckled and lidded storage tote is a perfect storage organizer...
- STACK THEM UP – The large plastic storage container bin tote has grooves on the lid and body for secure and stable...
Get a Multi-Port Car Charger for All Devices
Depending on how many people are along for your summer road trip, there will be multiple devices to charge. Unfortunately, many cars only have one USB port, and nobody wants to fight over it!
Get a multi-port charger to keep everyone’s battery full and happy.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by America's leading USB charging brand.
- Faster Charging: Quick Charge 3.0 charges devices up to 80% in just 35 minutes. PowerIQ and VoltageBoost deliver the...
Hang an Organizer from the Seat to Store Items
Here’s another summer road trip organization tip: shoe organizers. Hang shoe organizers from the driver and passenger seats to store things like cell phones, Kleenexes, wet wipes, water bottles, and more.
Many organizers are the length of a full-size door–too big for your car seats. Cut them in half and hang them on the backs of both front seats for additional storage!
If you don’t want to go old school with the shoe organizer, you can always opt for the more modern trunk organizer. This one is designed to clasp on to the back of the headrest and offers nine different pockets to store your items in.
- 【Large Capacity】- Dimension of 36.2" length and 16.9" width with 9 big compartment pockets, the backseat organizer...
- 【High Quality Material】- Made of durable 600D oxford and thicken nylon mesh, the trunk storage is waterproof and...
Learn How to Find Epic Free Campsites
If you’re sleeping in your car, you might as well learn how to find epic free campsites! Not much beats a free campground with amazing views.
Apps, word of mouth, forums, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) websites, and more will list these sites. Here’s how to find more free campsites on your summer road trip.
Bring a JetBoil for Hot Coffee, Tea, and Soup on the Road
If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll love this hack.
Bring along a JetBoil on your summer road trip to make instant hot coffee or tea on the go! It’s also great for heating soups, water for dishes or cleaning, baby bottles, and more.
- Optimized for efficiency, the Jetboil Flash boils water in a lightning-quick 100 seconds, making it the fastest Jetboil...
- Jetboil's 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy makes boiling water—and keeping it warm—a breeze.
Maximize Space with Clear Plastic Storage Drawers
Clear totes are great, but if you have the space for them, clear storage drawers will make your summer road trip a breeze!
You can place clear storage drawers on an unused floorboard or in the trunk. Use them to store larger items like shelf-stable foods, dishes, clothes, and more.
Keep Learning: If you liked these tips and tricks, you need to check out our 22 Camping Hacks You Have To Try This Year!
- MADE IN USA with global materials - The IRIS USA plastic stacking drawers offer a practical storage solution for any...
- PERFECT ORGANIZER - Use the sliding drawer to get your closet, bathroom, craft room, or anywhere that needs organizing...
Have the Best Summer Road Trip Ever
When it comes down to it, road trips are a staple of summertime. You can almost hear good company, good tunes, and the open road calling out to you!
Sleeping in your car at awesome free campsites, having a fridge to keep your food fresh, and being organized work together to make your next summer road trip the best one yet!
Last update on 2023-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API