Table of Contents Show
- What Are the Most Common Problems During RV Travel Days?
- 10 Problem Solving Products for Your Next RV Travel Day
- Have a Smoother RV Travel Day With These Products
No matter how far you’re traveling, you want your travel days to be as smooth as possible. One simple mistake can cause severe delays and costly damage. We’ve found that some problem-solving products help keep us safe in our adventures. You can never take safety too seriously.
Today, we’re sharing ten problem-solving products that we think you should consider buying before your next big travel day. Let’s get started!
What Are the Most Common Problems During RV Travel Days?
While traveling in an RV, some of the most common problems result from being in a hurry and not adequately planning. No matter how many times you’ve done a task, you’re more likely to make a simple mistake if you’re in a hurry.
Skipping a step while packing up your RV could be costly. We’ve seen RVers rush through the hitching process and drop their RV onto the back of their truck. This damaged their vehicle and trailer and put a significant dent in their bank account.
A lack of planning can cause you to feel rushed, especially if you’re running up against check-out time at a campground. Not planning can also cause issues once you leave the campground. You should always research your travel route to avoid finding yourself on a sketchy road or approaching a low clearance.
10 Problem Solving Products for Your Next RV Travel Day
The key to a smooth travel day is preparation. Prepare for your next RV travel day by adding these ten problem-solving products to your shopping cart. Let’s dive in!
1. Tire Pressure Gauge
- Green Backlit LCD display and flashlight for visibility in dimly light areas, easy-to-read digits help you easily...
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Made And RV/Truck Special Designed to maintain correct tire pressure, reduce tire wear and...
You should check your tire pressure before every trip in your RV. If you hit the road with tires that aren’t at the proper pressure, bad things can happen.
Underinflated tires can quickly heat up and lead to a tire blowout. If you discover your tires are low, it only takes a few minutes to air up your tires before hitting the road.
This can help you avoid a significant delay down the road, not to mention avoiding a costly repair bill for any damage that might occur.
2. Roadside Emergency Kit
- 156-IN-1 MULTIPURPOSE EMERGENCY PACK - Kolo Sports packs all your road trip car essentials in one amazing kit to give...
- ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TOOLS - This Roadside Assistance Emergency Kit keeps you prepared for car breakdowns. It contains a...
You never know when or where an emergency is going to happen. Having a roadside emergency kit in your vehicle can help ensure you have basic supplies should you experience an emergency.
Whether you’re stuck on the side of the highway or in a parking lot, this roadside emergency kit can solve a host of problems.
3. Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and android devices (requires IOS 7+ or android 4.4+ with Bluetooth 4.0+)
- Constant monitoring for high/low pressure, slow leak, rapid leak, high temperature and blowouts
Keeping an eye on the temperature and pressure of your tires can be incredibly helpful. These devices can assure you that everything is functioning appropriately during your travels.
A Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) can alert you almost instantaneously should you experience a tire failure or your tires approach unsafe temperatures.
RV Trip Wizard
Staying organized while traveling can be stressful and time-consuming. However,
A significant benefit of using
An RV LIFE PRO membership will grant you access to 5 great RV tools. These tools will help you research campgrounds, plan RV safe routes, turn your phone into an RV GPS, access courses about RVing, and even track maintenance on your RV.
Use the code “GETAWAY25” to save 25% off your annual membership!
5. National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways
- High quality construction and durability
- High quality construction and durability
Whether you’re heading out on your first adventure or you’ve been road tripping for years, this guide can help you find some unique points of interest.
Set out on one of their suggested drives and get mile-by-mile directions. This high-quality guide will ensure you don’t miss anything along the route. You’ll learn more and greatly enhance your adventures.
6. RV Backup Camera
- Easy & Quick Installation: Most RVs are already prepped for the Vision S sharkfin camera system, eliminating extensive...
- Waterproof Camera with Night Vision: Comes with 1 High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof camera with infrared night...
Backing up is one of the most complex parts of owning an RV. Whether you’re towing a massive fifth wheel or a tiny travel trailer, your line of sight behind you will be almost nothing.
Installing an RV backup camera on your RV can make backing into your campsite or storage space much more manageable.
An RV backup camera makes it easier to watch what’s behind you when backing up your RV. You don’t want to forget about picnic tables, fire pits, or other campsite obstacles. RV backup cameras can pay for themselves if they cause you to avoid even a single accident.
Keep in Mind: A backup camera is always helpful, but especially with an RV! Let’s check out other backup cameras that may be best for your RV or camper.
Checklists are essential for your RV adventures. They help you ensure that everything gets done in the proper order. Using a list can also help ensure you have everything you need for your RVing adventures.
We have created checklists for arriving, departing, and preparing to hit the road. Because we know not everyone RVs the same way and have different gear, we encourage RVers to create and use as many checklists as needed.
8. Meal Prep Containers
- 🍱SINGLE 1 COMPARTMENT MEAL PREP CONTAINERS, LEAK PROOF, STRONG DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Advance meal prep containers,...
- 🍱 FREEZER SAFE FOOD STORAGE BOX - Prepare and package up your meals ahead of time. These safe to freeze food...
One of the most challenging parts of travel days is eating. When you’re towing a large trailer behind you, you can’t just pull through the drive-thru of your favorite fast-food joint.
We have found that taking the time before a travel day to prepare our meals and using meal prep containers works best.
These meal prep containers help us eat healthier and avoid anyone getting hangry. Travel and empty stomachs don’t mix well and typically lead to bickering and complaining.
- Rand McNally (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Your smartphone may be pretty smart, but it can be nothing more than an expensive paperweight in remote locations out west. Not having a cell signal can render your phone useless.
This can make it very difficult to get directions and find your way. We encourage everyone traveling the country to own a Trucker Road Atlas.
These can be a lifesaver and help you avoid finding yourself in a sticky situation. There’s nothing worse than having no cell signal and being lost. Combine that with running low on fuel, and you’ll be buying a trucker road atlas at the next truck stop.
Keep in Mind: We’ve been traveling full-time for over 4 years! We have a few tips and tricks you need to check out to make the RV lifestyle easier!
10. RV Steering Wheel Check Bands
- Helps Prevent Rig Damage: Helps remind you to perform various RV tasks to prevent avoidable damage to your rig
- Wraps Securely: Firmly wraps around your steering wheel
If you want to avoid forgetting important tasks, Camco’s RV steering wheel check bands are for you. Whether you use their pre-labeled or customizable bands, they wrap around your steering wheel so you don’t forget anything.
They’ll help ensure you do everything in the proper order to avoid making a costly mistake that could ruin your adventures.
Have a Smoother RV Travel Day With These Products
No matter how much you plan and prepare, RV traveling can be unpredictable. Traffic jams, construction zones, and unexpected weather changes are beyond your control.
However, today’s products we’ve shared can help you have smoother RV travel days during your adventures.
What’s your favorite problem-solving product for RV traveling?
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API