Table of Contents Show
- What Is a Portable RV Air Conditioner?
- Do They Work in An RV?
- Is There a Portable AC Without a Hose?
- Do Ventless Portable Air Conditioners Work in An RV?
- The Best Portable RV Air Conditioner to Keep You Cool
- 1. Shinco Portable Air Conditioner with Built-in Dehumidifier
- 2. BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner
- 3. MIDEA 3-in-1: Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, Fan
- 4. Mekomy Personal Mini Air Conditioner
- 5. LG Portable Air Conditioner
- 6. EUHOMY Dual Motor Portable Air Conditioner Dehumidifier
- 7. Whynter Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, and Fan
- Beat the Heat With Your Own Air Conditioner
Summer is one of the best times to get out and enjoy your RV. However, it can be nearly impossible to stay cool in some rigs without a portable RV air conditioner. We want you to make a tremendous amount of memories with your friends and loved ones each camping season.
Today, we’re looking at the best portable RV air conditioner to keep you cool. Let’s get started!
What Is a Portable RV Air Conditioner?
A portable RV air conditioner is a compact appliance that you can freely move around your camper. They typically suck in the air on one side of the unit and blow out much cooler air on the other.
These are great options for those who want to tent camp or have an RV without an AC unit. They can allow you to beat the heat during the warmer part of the camping season.
Do They Work in An RV?
Portable air conditioners do a great job in an RV. An adequately-sized portable RV air conditioner can help you stay comfortable, but a small unit may not do much for a massive rig. So before you spend your money, do your research to confirm that the unit you’re looking to purchase will cool the desired space.
Is There a Portable AC Without a Hose?
There are ventless portable AC units; however, they are more AC-like units than actual air conditioners. The simple laws of physics require air conditioners to need venting.
The unit will need a way to dissipate the heat when creating cool air. So while you can find ventless units without a hose that make a cool breeze, they don’t change the actual air temperature.
Do Ventless Portable Air Conditioners Work in An RV?
Yes, ventless portable air conditioners can keep you refreshed in your RV. However, they’re not going to alter the temperature of the RV itself. They’ll create a cool breeze that will evaporate the moisture from your skin to help cool you. So you can use a portable air conditioner while you’re RVing in the summer months, but don’t expect it to drop the actual temperature in your rig.
The Best Portable RV Air Conditioner to Keep You Cool
You don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on just any portable RV air conditioner. You want to get the best one for the job. So let’s see which ones we think will give you the biggest bang for your buck! Let’s get started!
1. Shinco Portable Air Conditioner with Built-in Dehumidifier
- 【EASY-COOL】- Compact 8,000 BTU portable ac unit，delivers fast, cooling for spaces up to 200 Sq.Ft in Home,...
- 【3-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY】- It has 3 modes to choose from - cooling, dehumidification and fan. The 2-speeds fan can...
Room Size It Cools: 200 sq. ft.
BTU: 8,000 BTUs
The Shinco portable air conditioner can cool, dehumidify, or act as a fan. The self-evaporative system helps keep the air cool, clean, and dry. You don’t have to worry about this unit waking you up at night; it purrs along at less than 55 dB on low.
Once you receive your unit, you need to connect the exhaust hose and adjust the window bracket to fit a nearby window, and you’re ready to go. Set the desired temperature, sit back, and watch the temperature drop in your rig.
2. BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 5,500 BTU DOE (10,000 BTU ASHRAE) compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will keep you...
- PERFECT FOR SMALL ROOMS - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to...
Room Size It Cools: 150 sq. ft.
BTU: 5,500 BTUs
This BLACK+DECKER portable RV air conditioner is excellent at cooling small spaces, especially RVs. It can cool temperatures to 65 degrees F and has a sleep mode that allows the unit to run ultra-quiet. It has 3-in-1 functionality with cooling, fan, and dehumidifying modes.
This model also comes with a remote, so you can adjust the settings without getting up from your seat. The convenient drain plug makes it easy to drain water, and the sleek design brings a modern look to any room.
3. MIDEA 3-in-1: Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, Fan
- EASY COOL - The Midea Portable Air Conditioner, ASHRAE rating 8,000 BTU (5300 BTU 2017 SACC standard) delivers fast,...
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION - Enjoy the simplicity and comfort of digital controls. The portable AC features an easy-to-read...
Room Size It Cools: 175 sq. ft.
BTU: 8,000 BTUs
The MIDEA 3-in-1 portable RV air conditioner is an excellent option because it cools, dehumidifies, and uses the fan simultaneously. The digital controls are easy to read and use in bright or lowlight conditions. The lowest cooling temperature is a chilly 62 degrees.
Being on wheels makes it easy to maneuver and move around your space. Attach the hose and adjustable window brackets, turn it on, and the cooling process begins. You won’t have to worry about constantly buying air filters as the filter is washable and easy to clean.
Pro Tip: If you need a few other ideas on staying cool, be sure to read How to Stay Cool In Your RV This Summer for a few more tips and tricks!
4. Mekomy Personal Mini Air Conditioner
The Mekomy Personal Mini Air Conditioner may not cool the entire room, but it’ll keep you cool. The unit has a large water tank that allows up to 8 hours of cooling. The unit is 6.5” x 5.5” x 6.2” and weighs only 1.9 pounds, so it’s compact.
It’s great for sitting on a desk or next to your bed to blow cool air on you. You can fill the .15 gallon tank, and the unit will humidify the air with cool water. Whether you’re using it to keep your skin moisturized or stay cool while camping, it’s a powerful mini air conditioner that will help you stay comfortable.
5. LG Portable Air Conditioner
- 3-in-1 OPERATION (Cool/Fan/Dry) - Cool mode provides powerful cooling and dehumidifying in hot days. Fan mode circulates...
- AUTO SWING AIR VENT - Oscillating air vent circulates air evenly to avoid hot spots.
Room Size It Cools: 250 sq. ft.
BTU: 6,000 BTU
If you’re looking for a portable RV air conditioner from a brand you recognize, LG has you covered. Their 3-in-1 mobile AC unit has settings for cool, fan, and dry. You can enjoy a cooler and less humid room when using the cool mode, but the fan and dry modes are perfect for rainy or damp days.
The unit may weigh 54.2 lbs, but rolling casters make it easy to move around your RV or room. The unit can cool up to 250 square feet, more than enough for many RVs.
6. EUHOMY Dual Motor Portable Air Conditioner Dehumidifier
- High performance：Euhomy portable air conditioner has dual motors, which makes this air conditioner more energy-saving...
- Human-computer interaction：Standing ac unit has an easy-to-read LED display.in addition,The air conditioner has a...
Room Size It Cools: 300-350 sq. ft.
BTU: 10,000 BTUs
The EUHOMY portable air conditioner and dehumidifier uses dual motors to cool the space efficiently. The unit comes with four options for cooling, including a sleep mode. The lowest temperature is 64 degrees F, and installation is straightforward. You can bring the heat down in minutes! Being on wheels makes it easy to move around for optimal cooling or draining.
Pro Tip: Is your manufacture-installed air conditioner on the fritz? Check out these RV Air Conditioner Repair And Maintenance Tips.
7. Whynter Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, and Fan
- Portable AC Unit: Our portable room air conditioner keeps your room cool while aligning with better environmental...
- Multipurpose: Portable AC air conditioner with dehumidifier features a cooling range of 500 square feet and 3...
Room Size It Cools: 500 sq. ft.
BTU: 14,000 BTUs
The Whynter is a portable air conditioner, dehumidifier, and fan, and it’s a beast. The 14,000 BTUs are enough to cool just about any size RV. The unit uses green technology to keep you comfortable, but it isn’t harmful to the environment.
You don’t have to worry about draining the unit as the patented technology recycles the moisture to create colder air. It’ll hum along in the background at less than 56 dB, which likely won’t disturb your sleep or make it difficult to watch TV or have a conversation. If you need to cool a large area, this is an excellent option!
Beat the Heat With Your Own Air Conditioner
To beat the heat in your RV, you’ll need the right portable air conditioner in your rig. It can make the difference between being comfortable or miserable during your adventures. Luckily, there are plenty of great options for portable RV air conditioners to keep you refreshed while camping in the hottest months.
Do you use a portable air conditioner while camping or in your RV?
Last update on 2023-01-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API