Table of Contents Show
Making coffee while camping shouldn’t be complicated. You can still enjoy the You can still have a delicious morning cup even in the middle of nowhere. There are so many different ways to brew a cup of joe. Today, we’ll explore seven methods you might try.
7 Ways to Make Coffee While Camping
From coffee presses to pour-overs to percolators and more, there are tons of ways to get your morning fix. Let’s check out seven.
- Professional-Grade Coffee Right at Home: A household name amongst baristas and coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the...
- Goodbye, French Press: No more bitterness or grit. The rapid brewing of the AeroPress Original eliminates bitterness and...
Best For: The AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is great for home use as well as on the go. It’s lightweight and compact, making it great for backpackers, campers, and homebodies alike.
How It Works: Similar to a French press but without the mess, the AeroPress uses micro paper filters (350 included) to brew coffee with a rapid total immersion brewing process. Simply put a filter in the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber. Place the chamber over your favorite mug. Fill with coffee grounds, add hot water, stir, and press.
Cleaning up is a breeze. Unscrew the cap and push out the filter with the used grounds. Rinse the cap, and that’s it. The AeroPress gives you great coffee without the bitterness of typical coffee makers in under a minute.
#2. Moka Pot
- Made in Italy: it is Made in Italy and its quality is enhanced by the patented safety valve which makes it easy to clean...
- How to prepare the coffee: fill the boiler up to the safety valve, fill the filter up with ground coffee without...
Best For: If you’re the type of camper who loves the smell and sound of fresh coffee brewing in the morning, then the Bialetti Express Moka Pot is for you.
How It Works: It effortlessly brews six two-ounce cups of delicious coffee. Pour the water into the bottom boiler. Add coffee to the aluminum filter portion and twist together. Place the Moka Pot on a cookstove and wait for the lovely sound of percolating coffee. Enjoy with several friends or keep it all to yourself and a partner for a bold cup of coffee. With nothing to dispose of except biodegradable coffee grounds, the Moka Pot has zero waste while giving you all the flavor.
#3. Pour-Over Stand
- STAY CAFFEINATED: Coffee? Always! The Ultralight Java Drip makes your caffeine needs attainable during car camping,...
- DURABLE DESIGN: The Ultralight Java Drip's sturdy legs clip to nearly any mug while its ultra-compact design nests under...
Best For: Weighing less than half an ounce, the GSI Outdoors Ultralight Java Drip makes brewing coffee on the go a breeze. Lightweight and portable, this pour-over backpacking stand is the perfect size for backpacking and camping.
How It Works: The Java Drip offers one of the simplest ways to make coffee while camping. The nylon filter has three folding legs so it can clip to almost any camping coffee mug. All you need to do is clip the filter onto your mug, fill the filter with coffee, and pour hot water over it. With no mess to clean up except the used coffee grounds, this coffee maker will provide you with some of the freshest made coffee in town, even when town is miles away.
#4. Single Serve Pour-Overs
- GREAT TASTING POUR OVER COFFEE MADE EASY - Artfully roasted with 100% arabica beans, our Bold Awakening Dark Roast is...
- CONVENIENT & ECO-FRIENDLY - Convenience of instant but with superior taste. All you need is a mug and hot water to brew...
Best For: Made with ethically sourced coffee and eco-friendly products, Kuju Coffee Single Serve pour-overs are great for camping trips. Pack them away in your RV cupboards or stash a few in your backpack. This coffee setup will make any camping trip a breeze.
How It Works: These single-serve pour-overs give you the convenience of instant coffee with the great taste of a pour-over. All you need is your favorite mug and some hot water. Kuju Coffee does the rest. Being a single-serve pour-over, this is probably one of the easiest answers to that incessant question of how to make delicious coffee while camping. Simply hook the pre-made coffee and pour-over combination onto your mug, pour in hot water, let steep, and enjoy. Cleaning up is even easier. You can throw out the whole single-serve setup.
#5. Instant Coffee
- ORIGINAL BLEND MEDIUM ROAST COFFEE - Our delicious instant coffee is made with 100% Colombian Arabica coffee. Drink...
- FULL-BODIED MEDIUM ROAST ARABICA COFFEE - Our instant coffee comes in single packets that are lightweight, portable, and...
Best For: Alpine Start Premium Instant Coffee is great for those who don’t want to bother with the mess or time of waiting for a percolator, a pour-over, or a press. Packaged in single-serving tubes, you can stash these in a backpack, purse, or any cupboard.
How It Works: Alpine Start is 100% Arabica coffee from Columbia that packs tons of flavor into a tiny little pouch. Using it is quite simple. Tear open the package. Pour the coffee into your mug, add hot water, stir, and enjoy. And for those who love cold coffee or don’t have time to heat water, Alpine Start dissolves easily in cold water, as well as milk alternatives.
- NO ALUMINUM OR PLASTIC - Hardwood handle, 18/8 Stainless Steel with a tempered glass top and medical grade filters.
- ENGINEERED FOR THE OUTDOORS - You can take camping coffee makers anywhere. Period.
Best For: The Coletti Bozeman Camping Coffee Pot suits almost any camping trip. Made for those who love traditional camping percolators, it’s best for those who want a big cup in the morning.
How It Works: The pot functions like a coffee pot, but without electricity or filters. Simply place your favorite coffee grounds into the metal filter (no paper filters needed). Place the filter inside the stainless steel pot and cook over a heat source of your choice. You’ll smell the freshness of your morning brew as soon as it starts percolating.
#7. Cowboy Coffee
- KEEPS COFFEE HOT: Designed to keep your Coffee hot! Note: this item is not the GSI coffee Percolator and does not...
- EASY TO USE: Just fill the pot and place it on a stove or over a fire to keep your drink warm. If you're looking for a...
Best For: Cowboy coffee isn’t just for cowboys, but you better be cowboy tough to thoroughly enjoy this beverage. While it’s great for anyone on or off the trail, it’s best for those who enjoy strong, dark, bold, and gritty coffee.
How It Works: If you’ve got a pot, water, coffee, and a heat source, you’ve got cowboy coffee. All you have to do is heat coarse coffee grounds directly in the water. Wait for the grounds to settle, and pour yourself a cup.
Making Coffee While Camping Shouldn’t Be Complicated
It doesn’t matter if you’re camping in an RV, a tent, a car, or on a trail, most of us need our morning cup of Joe. Camping doesn’t need to steal away the luxury of a delicious breakfast and a great cup of coffee. So no matter your choice of brew, no matter your choice of brewing tools, you should now know how to make coffee while camping. How do you get your fix in the morning?
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API