If you’re a full-time RVer (or simply just traveling over the holidays), you might be wondering how you can celebrate while you’re on the road. After all, even if you’re not in a typical sticks and bricks house, there are still plenty of ways to be festive.
In this article, we dive into the best ways to show your enthusiasm for the holidays–even when you’re traveling cross-country!
9 Festive RV Decoration Ideas For Getting In the Holiday Spirit
The following RV decoration ideas will add festivity into any space – but you’ll definitely get the most bang for your buck in your home on wheels. These items have been specifically chosen for small spaces and will certainly brighten up your home with holiday spirit.
1. Window Clings
- Package:104 pcs snowflake stickers in 6 sheets,each sheet is 8x15.2inches/20cm x38cm.
- Reusable and removable:The Snowflake window Decorations have NO adhesive!made of static PVC.They stick all by...
Window clings are amazing because 1) they’re inexpensive, and 2) they don’t move around when you’re driving. The last thing you want is another step while you’re getting your RV road-ready. Window clings are a great, simple way to show your holiday spirit both inside and outside your RV, and the translucent ones still let the light in!
2. Put a Miniature Christmas Tree on Your Dinette
- Great Christmas Decoration: Mini tabletop xmas tree with led lights, star treetopper, variety ornaments and Wooden Base...
- Various Ornaments for Xmas Tree Decor: The artificial mini Christmas tree set contains 20"/50cm mini Christmas tree, 5m...
The best thing about living tiny is decorating tiny as well. It doesn’t take much to make your RV feel cozy and festive in such a small place. This is why miniature Christmas trees are so great–they’re less expensive than full-size trees, and they completely transform an area.
Whether you opt for a faux tree or the real thing, you can still put small presents under it (or maybe just cards). Add some lights around it, and you’ll have a decorative ambiance illuminating from your seating area.
3. Hang Garland Around Windows, Slides, and More
- Designed with a Norwood Fir branch base, this pre-lit artificial Christmas garland is 9 feet long and decorated with...
- This garland features over one hundred individually crafted branch tips, creating a lush and full bodied hanging...
Take one look at RV Christmas decor on Pinterest, and you’ll find amazing examples of garland string across slides, window valances, and even fireplaces. The garland featured in the link above even has lights incorporated into the strands, giving a warm, festive glow all around your RV. In a small place, you won’t even need much length to transform the space.
4. Hang Some String Lights
- 【Upgraded 2-Pack Plug in Christmas Lights for Indoor/Outdoor】: 2-Pack, each string length is 49ft, of which 33ft...
- 【Perfect Christmas Gifts & Christmas Decorations】: For girls and children, with such beautiful christmas string...
If you haven’t jumped onto the string light bandwagon yet–why the heck not?! String lights make everything prettier. Messy RV? String lights. Major water damage? String lights! For some reason, hanging twinkling lights around your space automatically makes it cozy and charming.
So obviously, string lights around the holidays are a must. Whether you hang them indoors or outdoors, you’ll generate an inviting space worth relaxing in at the end of the day.
Pro Tip: Read about the best awning lights to add a warm glow to your RV living space.
5. Decorate with Christmas Throw Pillows
- 🔔PILLOW COVERS SPECIFICATIONS: 18 x 18 inches set of 4 Christmas pillow covers,the pillow inserts are NOT...
- 🔔PREMIUM MATERIAL: Our farmhouse throw pillow covers are made of skin-friendly linen material which is more...
Throw pillows are another great way to decorate for the holidays. Even buying just one or two for your couch or theatre seats will give your RV a completely different vibe. Go full holiday mode with one of the “Merry and Bright” pillows or go with a plain red pillow and keep it out long past the holidays — the choice is yours.
6. Hang Some Stockings
- 14" long,width:5".The length is shorter than standard size,so the stocking will remain the shape and hold little gift...
- The knitted patterns are place in BOTH SIDE,you can hang it from left to right OR from right to left
If you have young kids, they’ve probably asked if Santa will find your RV this Christmas. Stockings are a great way to reassure your little ones that Saint Nick will find you and deliver presents to your location.
Even if you don’t have a fireplace in your RV, be creative! Hang them near your door or even above your dinette. Either way, they’ll make your space feel festive (and keep your kids happy!).
7. Christmas Hand Towels Have Fashion and Function
- 5pc Red Plaid Towel Set: Red Buffalo Check Printed kitchen towels are a festive accent for your kitchen during the...
- 6pc Gnome for the Holidays Mitten Set: Each set includes one CM Originals Gnome Ornament, two kitchen towels, one...
It’s always nice when the items in your RV have multiple uses, and Christmas hand towels are a perfect multi-use decoration. You can dry your dishes while listening to Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” and feel amazing doing it.
8. Decorate Your Campsite with Santa in His RV
- Inflated gingerbread color camper with Santa looking out the door
- Easy setup: setup is super simple. Just plug it in, stake it down and watch the magic unfold.
Did you know that Santa travels in an RV, too? Well, according to this inflatable Christmas decor, he does. The best thing about this Santa inflatable is that it deflates, making it easy to transport from site to site and store when the holidays are over. It adds fun to the RV park or campsite you’re staying at as well!
9. Hang a Wreath on Your Door
- 👼👼👼 This wreath is made on a unique rustic vine base, That's plenty chunky with lots of texture. It's accented...
- 👼👼👼During this holiday, you will love decorating your home with this whimsical bohemian wreath! 😍This is a...
There’s something about hanging a holiday wreath on your door that makes your home feel more inviting. When it’s on your RV, it can completely transform the look of your rig. Choose the farmhouse-style wreath above for a rustic look, or shop through the variety of styles below to match your exact taste. Wreaths are a fun way to express your taste in decor and give a cozy feel to your home on wheels.
It Doesn’t Take Much to Create a Holiday Ambiance
I think we can all agree, one of the best parts about living in an RV is needing less stuff. This goes for holiday decor, as well. Choose all the options above or just one or two–you can still spice up your space with relative ease and little money.
Items such as the window decorations, inflatable Santa, and stockings take up little space in the off-season making them great options if you’re limited on storage. And it makes it easy to add a little holiday cheer to your life, even when you’re away from home.
What are your favorite ways to celebrate the holidays? Let us know in the comments below!
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API