Table of Contents Show
- Fido Needs Camping Gear, Too
- What Should I Bring Camping for My Dog?
- 1. Pet First Aid Kit
- 2. Dog Tie Out Cable
- 3. Dog Playpen
- 4. Pet Travel Bag
- 5. Elevated Dog Beds
- 6. Waterproof Warm Packable Dog Bed
- 7. High Visibility Lighted Glow Collar
- 8. All Natural Organic Healing Balm
- 9. Dog Poop Bags
- 10. Elevated Feeder with Airtight Storage
- 11. Dog Sunglasses
- 12. Foldable Dog Car Steps
- 13. RV Dog Safety Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- 14. The No-Spill Slobber Stopper Water Bowl
- 15. No-Pull Pet Harness with 2 Leash Clips
- Where Do Dogs Sleep While Camping?
- Should My Dog Sleep in My Tent?
- Can I Leave My Dog in the RV Alone?
- Don’t Hesitate to Bring Your Dog Camping
One of the most exciting things for families is to pack up the entire family and head out to a campground. However, taking every member of the family can sometimes be challenging. Many campers choose to make other arrangements for their pets instead of buying the proper camping gear for dogs.
However, if you don’t want to leave your pet behind, we’ll talk about dog camping gear that makes it easier for you to bring Fido along for the adventure. Let’s get started!
Fido Needs Camping Gear, Too
To make the most out of your time camping, pick up a few supplies for your dog. Having the proper gear can help ensure everyone has a great time and can make the most out of camping. So don’t forget to grab a few things to keep Fido comfortable while you’re camping!
Pro Tip: We want you to have a successful camping trip with your dogs! Give our insider tips a read for more information.
What Should I Bring Camping for My Dog?
Here are some pieces of camping gear for dogs that you’ll actually use!
1. Pet First Aid Kit
- 60 PIECE FIRST AID PET KIT gives you everything you need including bandages, gauze, gloves, antiseptic and more. Our kit...
Injuries don’t just happen to humans while camping. Dogs can just as easily misstep or find themselves in a sticky situation that requires medical attention.
It’s best to plan for these types of events so you have the necessary items to treat minor injuries. These kits can also help you provide care until you get your pet to a professional for a major injury.
This kit comes with 60 pieces of equipment, including gauze, bandages, and wipes. You’ll also get a handbook to help familiarize yourself with what to do should you experience an emergency with your pet.
All of this dog camping gear fit in a compact carrying case that can easily fit into a backpack or your vehicle’s glove compartment.
2. Dog Tie Out Cable
- Easy Setup and Teardown: XiaZ dog trolley system is specially desinged for dog outdoor events. Set up anywhere you want...
- Keep Dog Safe: Compared to typical dog tie out, Dog zip line minimize the chances of your pooch getting strangled or...
Most campgrounds and parks have strict rules for dogs being off-leash. Using a tie-out cable allows your dog the freedom of moving around your site and for you to avoid breaking any rules. You can quickly attach a cable between two trees and attach the lead to your dog’s collar.
Because you mount the cable at a higher angle, it reduces the risks of injury and your pet getting tangled in the cable. Your dog can stay safe and still move about your campsite.
Keep in Mind: Plan your next camping trip with these dog-friendly camping locations in mind.
3. Dog Playpen
- Gives your pets the freedom they desire while keeping them protected? Nova Metal Exercise Pen provides plenty of room...
- Durable Material: Constructed from sturdy metal for increased longevity and durability, power coated black vein finished...
A dog playpen is a great tool for those owners with smaller dogs. These playpens give your dog the freedom to move about without tethering them to a tree or post.
A challenge with this dog camping gear is that they require a generous amount of space for storage and use. However, they’re typically very versatile and provide flexibility when setting them up.
Choosing a playpen for your dog allows you to stop worrying about holding your dog in your lap or constantly untangling a long leash. A comfortable bed, a few toys, and your K9 friends can enjoy relaxing by the campsite just as much as you.
4. Pet Travel Bag
- Airline Approved: This dog travel bag dimensions is 16''(L)*14''(H)*8''(W), Airline Compliant and fit under seat.
- Durable And Safe: Water Repellent oxford outer material with PVC backing, and Leak-Proof inner lining. These bowls are...
Taking your dog camping can require a generous amount of supplies. It can be stressful packing for your adventures between the food, bowls, and toys.
A travel bag for your pet can help you avoid leaving behind essential items and transporting them. A high-quality pet travel bag can allow you to store everything you need.
With several pockets for toys, doggy bags, and maybe a few treats, you and your pet will be all set for whatever adventures you’re tackling.
5. Elevated Dog Beds
- STURDY&DURABLE DESIGN: The whole mesh surface is combined with 900D Oxford cloth to make the fabric more refreshing and...
- INDOORS OR OUTDOORS: Outdoor dog bed is very light weight and can unfold and fold up by squeezing the ends together and...
You’re bound to find dirt and debris in your tent or camper if your dog lounges on the dirty ground. Adding an elevated dog bed as part of the dog camping gear gives them a clean and dirt-free place to lounge. You won’t have to battle constantly cleaning up dirt and debris in areas you don’t want it.
You likely don’t want to lounge on the rugged and uneven ground, and neither does your pet. Giving them a comfortable place to relax can help ensure they’re ready for whatever adventures you have planned.
6. Waterproof Warm Packable Dog Bed
- 【Size】:The Pet sleeping bag dimension approx.43.3"Lx27.5"W, its width can be up to 58" when you open it with side...
- 【Comfortable Material】:The dog bed bag is made of polyester outer with soft fleece inner, waterproof,warm,soft and...
You never know when the weather isn’t going to cooperate while you’re camping. In any event, you want a warm dog bed that your pet can catch some Zs in at the end of the day. Having a waterproof bed helps ensure optimal comfort for your pet and lets them get the rest they deserve.
This dog bed comes with a travel-friendly carrying bag to make it easy to bring along when you’re hiking to your next campsite. It’s lightweight and compact enough you can add it to your dog’s camping gear. They can also carry it for themselves.
7. High Visibility Lighted Glow Collar
- SAVE YOUR DOG’S LIFE – this collar will save your dog’s life by keeping it visible, safe and seen. This bright...
- HIGHEST VISIBILITY – unlike others, our LED dog collars provide the highest visibility and are built to last so your...
Ensuring that your dog is visible at all times is essential while camping with them. Visibility is important whether you’re hiking a trail or taking a loop around the campground. By using a glowing collar, you help ensure maximum visibility for you and your pet in the dark. This can help prevent accidents with vehicles and other unexpected dangers that pets encounter in low visibility conditions.
This glow collar can last up to five hours, plenty of time for multiple walks or hikes. An added benefit is that it is rechargeable via a USB battery cable. You can also choose between six different sizes and colors to ensure visibility while you’re adventuring.
8. All Natural Organic Healing Balm
- DOG PAW BALM FOR IRRITATED AND ROUGH PAWS: Includes (1) 0.15 oz Trial Stick of Natural Dog Company Paw Soother Balm that...
- MOISTURIZING & SOOTHING FORMULA: It moisturizes, softens, and soothes dog paws for immediate relief. An ideal way to...
Just like humans, dogs encounter skin issues. A healing balm can help moisturize, soften, and soothe your dog’s paws. If left unattended, your dog’s paws can become rough and extremely dry.
This is often why you’ll see dogs licking and gnawing at their paws from itching or allergies. This is a great item to keep on hand in your dog’s camping gear to help keep their paws in great condition.
9. Dog Poop Bags
- BAG POOP BETTER: 9”x13” doggy bags keep your hands safe, and odor contained. More than enough capacity for large...
- EARTH FIRST, PROFIT SECOND: 120 premium pet poo bags are included in each order. A total of 8 rolls that each include 15...
Part of being a responsible pet owner is cleaning up after your pet. It’s not only the responsible thing to do, but many campgrounds have strict policies regarding pet owners picking up their pet’s waste. Failure to do so can result in ejection from a campground or a possible fine.
It’s a good idea to have a generous supply of dog poop bags in your dog’s camping gear. You never know when nature will call for your pet, and you don’t want to be without a bag.
10. Elevated Feeder with Airtight Storage
- This elevated feeder improves your pet's digestion and helps reduce neck muscle strain
- Airtight seals & snap-lock latches keep dry food fresh & pests out
Having your dog’s food and water bowls too low to the ground can cause severe muscle strain on your dog’s neck. Using an elevated feeder makes it easier for them to eat, drink, and improve their digestion. This airtight storage doubles as a way to store your pet’s food and help ensure no unwanted critters can get into your food supply.
11. Dog Sunglasses
- Provide 100% UV protection, shatterproof, waterproof, anti-fog, shield your dog's eyes from wind and debris.
- High quality Lens PC Frame PVC, Ribbon Elastic nylon, PC lens with high light transmission, high strength and toughness.
You’re likely going to grab your sunglasses before heading out for a hike or other adventure on a sunny day. If you’re bringing your dog with you, why shouldn’t you protect their eyes too? These goggles protect your dog’s eyes from harmful UV rays, wind, and dust that can get into their eyes during your exciting expeditions.
Your dog’s eyes will be safer while they’re wearing these goggles, but they’ll also likely be one of the most fashionable dogs on the trail. It’s a win-win in terms of functionality and fashion! Throw a pair in your dog’s camping gear.
12. Foldable Dog Car Steps
- [Lightweight & Durable]: This dog car steps stair is made of high quality aluminum, sturdy enough to withstand 200 pound...
- [Give Your Pet More Comfort]: This pet ladder extends the depth while gentle the inclines, provides a stable surface to...
Getting in and out of your vehicle can be difficult, especially for older dogs. Having a set of steps to get in and out can help ensure they do so easily and safely. You can store these foldable car steps easily in the back of your vehicle and unfold them when you’re ready for your dog to get out.
No more worrying about putting unnecessary stress on your dog’s aging joints and bones. They’ll be able to use their energy on the activities that matter most to you and your family.
13. RV Dog Safety Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- ◆SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED◆: Waggle Pet Monitor Cannot Be Used Without A Subscription. The Subscription Is For Cellular...
- INSTANT ALERTS ON YOUR PHONE: Get Alerted - Not Alarmed. Keeping An Eye On Your Dog’s Safety Is Now Easy With Waggle....
You won’t be able to bring your dog with you everywhere while camping. An RV dog safety temperature and humidity sensor can instantly alert you if your RV reaches a critical level.
You may be away from your RV and not know the campground lost power or your air conditioning unit isn’t working correctly. Being able to get an alert that your RV is heating up while you’re away can save your pet’s life. You’re sure to appreciate the assurance this device can give you while you’re away from your RV without your pet.
14. The No-Spill Slobber Stopper Water Bowl
- NO MORE MESS: The Road Refresher keeps your pet's water clean and fresh with the unique floating plate protecting the...
- SLOW AND STEADY: Fresh clean water from the pet bowl reservoir continuously flows up through the floating lick plate....
Some dogs are messier than others when it comes to drinking water. The No-Spill Slobber Stopper is a great item to add to the dog camping gear. The water bowl helps control the splash no matter how excited your dog might be.
The bowl uses a floating plate to control the amount of water available to your dog. It helps minimize your pet soaking their face and ears, which will cause them to shake off the water inside your RV. If you’re tired of dealing with splashing from your pet, this is a must-have item. It works with big and small dogs that get a little too excited when drinking their water.
15. No-Pull Pet Harness with 2 Leash Clips
- Large Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German...
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use...
Nothing can make a long hike feel longer than being pulled the entire time by your dog. Having a proper harness can help reduce your dog’s ability to pull you along at their pace. Using the No-Pull Pet Harness, you stay in control of the pace, making the hike a little more enjoyable.
While other methods may use pulling or choking tactics to control the dog, the No-Pull Pet Harness securely fastens around your pet’s chest. It gives you the leverage you need to stay in control without causing stress or pain to your dog. It’s a safe and comfortable harness that is fully adjustable for various dog sizes. It even comes with bright reflective strips to help increase visibility at night.
Where Do Dogs Sleep While Camping?
Some campers allow their dogs to sleep with them while camping. This is particularly true if this is your regular sleeping arrangement. Your pets may want to be close to you for security while sleeping in a new or unfamiliar space. However, not everyone is comfortable or likes the idea of their dog invading their sleeping bag.
If that’s you, make sure to give your pet a solid place to sleep. Bring a soft pad or dog bed with you so your pet is comfortable. Failure to do so will likely result in a grumpy dog the following day or a lot of tossing and turning from them all night.
Should My Dog Sleep in My Tent?
If you bring your dog with you, you should allow them to sleep in your tent. It is the safest place for them to sleep and can help avoid any issues should critters visit your campsite in the middle of the night. Having them near you will allow you to keep an eye on them and ensure they are comfortable, too.
If you don’t have room inside your tent, it may be best to find a sitter for your pet while you’re adventuring. A pet that is not comfortable or stressed can behave erratically.
Can I Leave My Dog in the RV Alone?
There will be times when you’ll have no other choice but to leave your dog in the RV. If this is the case, you’ll want to ensure they’re in a crate or secured, so they do not create a situation for you. Dogs left unattended that won’t stop barking will likely become a nuisance to your neighbors and draw negative attention.
Some parks prohibit guests from leaving their dogs unattended, especially if they can’t remain quiet. If your dog doesn’t like it when you leave, you may need to plan how you’ll handle the situation based on their unique needs.
Don’t Hesitate to Bring Your Dog Camping
Bringing your dog with you while camping can be a great way for you and your family to make memories with them. They’re a large part of your lives and your family, so it makes sense to take them with you. Having the proper dog camping gear can not only make your trip go smoother for you and your dog but make it more enjoyable as well.
Do you take your dog camping with you?
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API