Table of Contents Show
- 15 Best Camping Games for Your Next Trip
- Ladder Toss
- Horse Shoes
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Toasted or Roasted Card Game
- Potato Sack Race
- Bocce Ball
- Camp Talk
- Late Night Card Games
- Giant Dice Games
- Throw Throw Burrito
- Giant Tic Tac Toe
- Knock Off Disc Toss
- Camp Crafts
- Camping Games Are A Great Addition to Any Trip
When it comes to camping, it’s always a good idea to have a game or two that everyone can play, especially families. It adds another element of fun for everyone. But when it comes to picking camping games, a few tried and true winners are based on fun, size, and space needed. Here are our top 15 picks of camping games for your next trip.
15 Best Camping Games for Your Next Trip
Cornhole is a camping game classic. It can be played with two people and up to as many as you want, although preferably two teams of two. Campgrounds usually have plenty of space to play, and the boards are very easy to pack for travel. They are also sturdy, and you don’t need to worry about roughing them up.
- UNPLUG AND GET ACTIVE: Includes 2 boards, 6 bean bags, and rules - fun for BBQS, office breaks, parties, tailgating and...
- COMPACT SET: Add some fun to smaller indoor spaces like offices, dorms, and living room and a perfect set for taking on...
Ladder toss is also another camping game classic. This is the same concept of cornhole where you have two teams that compete to be the first to score a specific number. Each ladder has a certain number of points. Usually, the lowest step being the least amount and the highest worth the most. This is a perfect camping game because you need space, and they are very compact to travel with.
- TONS OF FUN: Our Premier Ladder Toss Game is a party game for adults that both beginners and professionals will...
- PRO SERIES CONSTRUCTION: This tournament style game is made of durable 2.5 mm Virgin PVC tubing & sand-weighted...
What’s nice about horseshoes is many campgrounds have the steaks set up in the ground already. So, all you need to bring is the horseshoes. You can find them made of plastic in newer sets, which is nice if accidentally thrown towards someone. But this is an easy thing to travel with, and with lots of space at a campground, it’s the perfect place to play.
- REGULATION HORSESHOES: Bring back old-school fun with horseshoes! Set includes 2 stakes, 4 horseshoes (2 Red, 2 Blue)...
- CLASSIC LAWN GAME: Go Sports is throwing it back to the classics with this regulation sized horseshoes game that's more...
Nature Scavenger Hunt
Our next camping game doesn’t require anything except some eager kids and a good eye. All that is needed is a small list of things for players to find, and the first to find them all wins. If possible, we suggest not picking things that might encourage destroying the environment, such as picking live flowers. Pine cones, rocks, and even pieces of trash are a great way to respect living nature and leave it better than you found it.
- Kids Scavenger Hunt Game: Children of all ages will enjoy playing this find and seek scavenger hunt card game while at...
- Educational Activity: Our scavenger hunt for kids 6 and above will help create a fun outdoor game for children to play...
Toasted or Roasted Card Game
The Toasted or Roasted Card Game is a fun one for all ages. The game’s goal is to be the first to create a campfire and roast three marshmallows, all while others can rain on your campfire to put it out. Not only is the game relevant to camping, but it comes in a resealable, waterproof bag.
- Packaged in a unique, waterproof, resealable bag
- family game designed to be a take along for camp outings
Potato Sack Race
The potato sack race is another classic camping game. All this takes is a couple of old sacks that are big enough to put a person partially in. This game is a fun one, especially watching adults try. Our advice is to keep races against adults and kids separate and be prepared to get dirty. Someone always falls, especially kids.
- DURABLE AND REUSABLE: This burlap sack is made of tightly woven breathable natural fibers and stitched tightly together...
- SACK RACING FOR ALL AGES: Large burlap bags sacks are perfect for kids as well as adults at field day events at school,...
Bocce Ball is a great camping game because the difficulty of the game is dependent on your surroundings. When adding natural elements to the game, it makes it more interesting. This is an easy game to pack along as well. All you need is the little seeker ball and the larger colored balls. Scoring is based on who can stick their ball closest to the seeker ball.
- COMPLETE SET: 90mm (3.54") Bocce Balls (2 Red + 2 Green + 2 Blue + 2 Yellow)
- CANVAS BOCCE BAG: Includes durable canvas carrying case to easily enjoy Bocce outdoors and to store after use
Charades is another fun camping game that takes up no space at all. All you need is two teams, a hat, and some paper. Or if your group isn’t great at coming with ideas for the charades hat, there are games you can purchase that offer lots of fun ideas. Play this game around the campfire at night or any time of the day. It’s hard not to laugh and have a good time playing charades.
- EASY TO PLAY: Explaining how to play charades only takes a few minutes making it a great game to play with friends and...
- FAMILY FAVORITE: The charades suggestions will have kids, teenagers, college students and adults alike having a blast...
Camp Talk is the perfect game to get to know each other better. It’s a deck of cards on a ring with conversation starters and questions to ask each other. Some of them can be fun, and some can be serious. It’s the perfect thing to do around a campfire.
- FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Camp Talk is a creative and engaging card game that sparks hilarious conversations and discussion...
- CREATIVE GAMEPLAY: Featuring 50 thought provoking and silly questions, Camp talk offers wild circumstances to encourage...
Late Night Card Games
Card games are another great thing to do while camping. With one deck of cards, many games can be played, from poker to solitaire. You can also play card games at the picnic table or inside the tent. There is a lot of versatility when it comes to a deck of cards.
- This is a 2 deck pack of bicycle standard face playing cards
- Material: Double-Weave
Giant Dice Games
Giant Dice make for fun camping games because who doesn’t like giant anything, especially when they are generally small. These are nice for camping because it’s hard to lose them. You can play games like Farkle and Yahtzee.
- GIANT SIZE: Each die measures: 2.5" x 2.5" x 2.5" to bring added excitement to any traditional dice or board game
- ROLLZEE AND FARKLE BOARD INCLUDED: Double Sided Dry-Erase Scoreboard with Pen for Endless Fun
Throw Throw Burrito
Throw Throw Burrito made the camping games list because it’s just plain fun. It’s a card game mixed with dodgeball. You have to collect sets of matching cards to get the most points, all while dodging the burrito. Playing outdoors at a campsite is the perfect place to have lots of room for running and dodging.
- The World’s First Dodgeball Card Game - Collect matching sets of cards faster than your opponents while simultaneously...
- A Game by Exploding Kittens - Creators of award-winning, hilarious and entertaining games that adults, teens and kids...
Giant Tic Tac Toe
If you want to throw things but want something a little tamer, Throw Throw Burrito, Giant Tic Tac Toe is perfect. To make it more interesting than regular Tic Tac Toe, the giant version uses bags that have to be tossed to the desired square. It’s an easy to pack game that requires space as you get at a campground.
- 【Tic Tac Toe Game for Kids and Adults】 - Our outdoor/indoor game set suitable for the age of players more than 3...
- 【Durable Material & Extra Large Size】 - Pipes of the tic tac toe are made of 2.5mm thickness premium...
Knock Off Disc Toss
A newer camping game is Knock Off Disk Toss. The name doesn’t do the game justice, but all you need is two poles with a stand on top and a frisbee. You place the bars about 20-30 feet apart and place an object on top of the pole. The goal is to be the first to knock off the item from the pole. Because there is so much space at campgrounds, it makes it perfect for this game.
- Portable: Bring the fun to all your backyard games and beach games! Our kit sets up nicely at any bash and packs away...
- Easy to Assemble: With a quick and simple setup, this equipment will be ready to go at the next outdoor games for adults...
The last on our list of camping games is Camp Crafts. This is a box of fun crafts of all ages. This is a great way to stay entertained while driving and sitting around the campground. It’s also a fun way to make something for a friend and give it to them to remember the trip. Or it could be for a friend back at home.
- CLASSIC ARTS AND CRAFTS - Create a variety of classic crafts inspired by nature! This open ended craft kit features a...
- CREATE MULTIPLE CRAFTS - Makes 12 craft projects! Camp Crafts are great for individual craft or with a group of friends....
Camping Games Are A Great Addition to Any Trip
These are just some ideas of games to play while camping. While this list is long, you can’t go wrong with any of them. The best thing to do is pick one or two that sound the most fun and try them out.
What makes these games great is you can play them at a park or in a backyard, not just at a campground. Our favorite place to play games is outside; step up your campsite by getting a few Outdoor RV Accessories That People Actually Swear By.
If you’re looking for even more games for the kiddos, check out this video:
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API