Table of Contents Show
- Where Do You Put Wheel Chocks On An RV?
- Types of Chocks
- The Best RV Wheel Chocks
- 1. Our Favorite – MaxxHaul Solid Rubber
- 2. Trimax Wheel Chock Locks
- 3. BAL X-Chock Stabilizing Chocks
- 4. Anderson Levelers
- 5. Tri-Lynx Leveler Block Chocks
- 6. Camco Tandem Wheel Chock
- 7. Hopkins RV Leveling System with Wheel Chock
- 8. Camco RV Wheel Stop
- 9. HOXWELL Dual Wheel Chocks with Nylon Rope
- 10. Camco Wheel Chock Without Rope
- Prevent Movement with RV Wheel Chocks
When shopping for your RV must-haves, you might ask yourself the question if RV wheel chocks are necessary. Without a doubt, camper wheel chocks are a very important item and you should use them every time you camp.
Some might argue you don’t need them on a flat surface, but we don’t play games when it comes to safety and say to use them every time you park your RV.
Even though RVs have brakes and leveling jacks they can still fail or shift. Especially if your RV is on a slope or in a storm with strong winds and rain. Good RV wheel chocks will prevent a disaster from happening.
See what happened to us when we forgot to use our wheel chocks on our second week on the road.
Where Do You Put Wheel Chocks On An RV?
RV wheel chocks go in between your tires. We have a double axle trailer so we like to put four chocks in total between our set of two tires.
Depending on the type of chock, you can either place them after you’re parked or you can drive up on to them. Let’s cover the different types of RV chocks so you have a better understanding of what we mean.
Types of Chocks
There are a few different types of chocks that you can buy. While some RVer’s might only use one type of wheel chock others will actually double up for extra safety.
The different types are rubber wheel chocks, which wedge under the wheel to keep the RV from rolling forward or back. There is an RV wheel lock chock that works like a clamp that locks the tire in place and prevents theft of your trailer.
Another is the X-chock wheel stabilizer chock which goes between the tires on a trailer to stabilize from any rocking and rolling. Lastly, there are the leveling chocks that level out your RV if there is any slope or incline.
The Best RV Wheel Chocks
When you picture RV chocks, you most likely picture two rubber blocks that sit behind the tire. Surprisingly, RV chocks have come a long way. Let’s take a look at some of the best RV chocks on the market.
1. Our Favorite – MaxxHaul Solid Rubber
- Approximate size: 8 inch length x 4 inch width x 5 inch height
- Features all weather construction and a rubber traction pad that make them the perfect choice to keep your vehicle or...
The MaxxHaul Solid Rubber Wheel Chocks are some of the best RV wheel chocks on the market and they won’t break the bank. Made from heavy-duty rubber, these chocks are extremely durable.
Stronger than any plastic brand they are made to withstand the harshest of conditions. They are lightweight and even have a handle to make it easy to carry them when placing them under your RV’s tires.
We’ve been using them for 4 years and are happy with their performance. They’re simple, efficient, and easy to lug around for our full-time RV lifestyle.
2. Trimax Wheel Chock Locks
- Quick and easy installation for unattended trailers, cars, boats, ATVs and more..Note: Measure your door's backset,...
- Built in chock prevents trailer rollaway
The Trimax Wheel Chock Locks don’t only help prevent your RV from rolling but also add a layer of protection from theft. This is an easy-to-use RV wheel lock too.
It is placed around the wheel and clamps down to lock. There are also rubber tips so it doesn’t damage the wheel. Made out of heavy gauge steel, this lock is almost impossible to break through. It also comes with a key lock system that can’t be picked.
3. BAL X-Chock Stabilizing Chocks
- Provides added stabilization and prevents tire shifts by applying opposing force to tandem tire applications
- As opposed to other chocks, the X-Chock works with the tires’ natural movement instead of against them
The BAL X-Chocks are just what you need to help stabilize your trailer from rocking and moving around. The X-shaped RV chocks fit between the tires of your trailer and expand to work with the natural movement of the trailer instead of against it to help stabilize.
These camper wheel chocks are made with a rust-inhibiting coating to make sure they last a long time in any weather conditions. This specific X-chock wheel stabilizer has an easy-to-carry handle for transporting and installing.
4. Anderson Levelers
- 🛻[MUST HAVE FOR CAMPERS OR FIFTH WHEEL]: Works great on trailers up to 30,000 lbs and with tires up to 32" diameter....
- 🛻[EASY TO USE]: Just drive on, decide how high you want it and place the chocks! You'll be ready to go dirt biking or...
The Anderson Leveler RV chocks are very durable and easy to use. Instead of dealing with blocks or planks and trying to adjust how many you need to stack, with these chocks you just roll onto them.
Once the RV is at the desired level, you use the provided wheel chocks to lock them in place and you’re ready to relax. Each leveler can hold up to 30,000 lbs which should be plenty for any RV. These leveling chocks level up to 4”.
5. Tri-Lynx Leveler Block Chocks
- Bullet Point 1: SAFE: The Stop ‘N Chock safely chocks wheels in place
- Bullet Point 2: EASY-TO-USE: Simply place the chocks on one or both sides of the tire to secure it in place
The Tri-lynx leveler block chocks are a must-have if you use the Tri-lynx leveling blocks. These block chocks easily snap to the leveling blocks making them a quick way to chock your tires to prevent any rolling.
It also helps you know when you are at the top of the blocks and don’t want to roll any further. They are extremely durable making them long-lasting and able to withstand any weather.
6. Camco Tandem Wheel Chock
- Helps keep your trailer in place
- Designed for tandem axle trailers
This tandem wheel chock offered by Camco serves multiple purposes. Not only can you use it as a chock, but you can also use it as a block under your travel trailer jack. Having three of these on hand for travel trailer owners is a no-brainer!
Pro Tip: Are your tires starting to show some wear and tear? You don’t want to be traveling on unsafe tires! Check out our Ultimate RV Tires Buyers Guide to ensure you’ve got the best tires for your rig.
7. Hopkins RV Leveling System with Wheel Chock
- A complete RV leveling system that forms a solid structure to keep your RV level
- Combines both wood and reinforced plastics for durable construction
This product by Hopkins Towing Solutions not only includes chocks but an entire leveling system. This would be a great product for RVers that like to use blocks for leveling.
This package includes smaller parts that sit at the end of your wood pieces to create a ramp for your tires. Then when you have your RV on blocks, you add the additional chocks included and you’re good to go.
8. Camco RV Wheel Stop
- Stops Trailer Movement: Helps stop your trailer’s tandem tires from shifting, using just one piece of equipment; Keeps...
- Compatibility: Works with 26 to 30-inch diameter tires and fits a tire spacing of 1 1/2-inches to 3 1/2-inches
The Wheel Stop by Camco is a new type of camper wheel chock. It secures between tandem tires to prevent movement. If you like less product in your RV, then two of these instead of four or (more chocks) might be your best bet!
9. HOXWELL Dual Wheel Chocks with Nylon Rope
- 【HIGH TRACTION】 The design includes horizontal traction ribs that grip the road and both sides of the tire to safely...
- 【BUILT TO LAST】 The specially designed curved shape of the wheel chock allows the vehicle's tire to fit perfectly on...
These unique-looking RV wheel chocks are built to last. They are made from oil-resistant rubber and designed to fit perfectly in the wedge of your tires and the ground.
Not only that but each block has three reflective strips for high visibility. Making these a great solution for not only RVs but school buses, parking lots, airplanes, and more.
10. Camco Wheel Chock Without Rope
- SUPERIOR WHEEL CHOCKS FOR TRAILER TIRES: Camco RV Tire Chocks are designed to keep your trailer in-place while it’s...
- COMPATIBLE WITH VARIOUS TIRE SIZES: The camper chocks are designed for tires up to 26″ in diameter. They are essential...
These wheel chocks are simple yet loved by reviewers. With 4.7 stars on Amazon and over 16,000 reviews, it’s safe to say these are a clear winner in the RV community. Plus, they’re very affordable!
Prevent Movement with RV Wheel Chocks
With so many RV tire chock options, you have no excuse not to have this product in your arsenal. This simple yet affordable RV product can prevent serious damage by preventing it from moving.
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API