When it comes to RVing, safety is very important. Whether you are full-timing or just out for the weekend you want your things and family to be safe. These are must-have items for any RV owner and that’s why we put this list of the best RV wheel chocks together.
Even though RVs have things in place like brakes and leveling jacks they can still fail or shift especially if on a slope or in a storm with strong winds and rain. It could even happen when a kid or pet is running through the RV causing it to shift just enough. Good RV wheel chocks will prevent a disaster from happening. See what happened to us when we forgot to use our wheel chocks on our second week on the road.
Types of Chocks
There are a few different types of chocks that you can buy. While some RVer’s might only use one type of wheel chock others will actually double up for extra safety. The different types are rubber wheel chocks, which wedge under the wheel to keep the RV from rolling forward or back. There is the locking chock which works like a clamp that locks the tire in place and prevents theft of your trailer. Another is the stabilizing chock which goes between the tires on a trailer to stabilize from any rocking and rolling. Lastly, there are the leveling chocks that level out your RV if there is any slope or incline.
Best RV Wheel Chocks – MaxxHaul Solid Rubber
- Approximate size: 8 inch length x 4 inch width x 5 inch height
- Features all weather construction and a rubber traction pad that make them the perfect choice to keep your vehicle or trailer secure in any climate.
- Includes built-in handle for easy placement or positioning and rubber traction pad with oil resistant surface to prevent slippage
- Designed to perform better than plastic or resin-made wheel chocks
The MaxxHaul Solid Rubber Wheel Chocks are some of the best RV wheel chocks on the market and they won’t break the bank. Made from heavy-duty rubber, these chocks are extremely durable.
Stronger than any plastic brand they are made to withstand the harshest of conditions. They are lightweight and even have a handle to make it easy to carry them when placing them under your RV’s tires.
We’ve been using them for 3 years and are happy with their performance.
Locking Chocks – Trimax Wheel Chock Locks
- Quick and easy installation for unattended trailers, cars, boats, ATVs and more.
- Built in chock prevents trailer rollaway
- High strength pick resistant locking mechanism, comes with 2 keys
- Made of heavy gauge rugged powder coated steel
The Trimax Wheel Chock Locks don’t only help prevent your RV from rolling but it also adds a layer of protection from theft. This is an easy to use chock lock.
It just places around the wheel and clamps down to lock. There are also rubber tips so it doesn’t damage the wheel.
Made out of heavy gauge steel, this lock is almost impossible to breakthrough. It also comes with a key lock system that can’t be picked.
More From Getaway Couple
Stabilizing Chocks – BAL X-Chock
- Provides added stabilization and prevents tire shifts by applying opposing force to tandem tire applications
- As opposed to other chocks, the X-Chock works with the tires’ natural movement instead of against them
- Fits even the tightest of applications retracting down to 1 3/8” and extends to 10”
- Rust inhibitive coating.
The BAL X-Chocks are just what you need to help stabilize your trailer from rocking and moving around. The X shaped RV chocks fit between the tires of your trailer and expand to work with the natural movement of the trailer instead of against to help stabilize.
The BAL X-Chocks are made with a rust-inhibiting coating to make sure they last a long time in any weather conditions. It also has an easy to carry handle for transporting and installing.
Leveling Chocks – Anderson Levelers
- LEVEL YOUR CAMPER, RV, OR TRAILER IN 5 MINUTES OR LESS WITH THE BEST LEVELER KIT ON THE MARKET! Are you ready to experience the BEST levelers for your RV? Level your camper, RV, or Trailer on the FIRST TRY by simply driving on until level. Chock. Done. Nothing is easier to use than the innovative Andersen Hitches Camper Leveler Kit. You’ll literally be ready to roast hot dogs, s’mores, or head out to go hiking or fishing in 5 minutes or less!
- EXPERIENCE THE ONLY ON-THE-FLY, PRECISE CAMPER LEVELING SYSTEM AT ANY INCREMENT BETWEEN 1/2" AND 4" (LIFTS UP TO 4") RIGHT FROM THE DRIVER’S SEAT. AVOID THE HASSLE, HEADACHE, AND WASTED CAMPGROUND TIME OF SETTING UP YOUR RV OR CAMPER WITH BLOCKS AND PLANKS. Don't get in and out of the driver's seat and/or make your spouse or significant other drag blocks or heavy planks around…. and stop worrying about a plank flying out at someone’s shin - or head!
- THE CAMPER LEVELER WORKS PERFECTLY ON ANY TRAILER UP TO 30,000 LBS & WITH TIRES UP TO 32" DIAMETER. IF YOUR RV MEETS THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO USE THE ANDERSEN CAMPER LEVELING SYSTEM RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! If you have dual tires or smaller spaces to fit the camper leveler between, sometimes they need trimmed. This is simple and easy to do and takes less than 10 minutes. If you buy the camper levelers and they don’t work for you, we’ll take them back and give you a refund!
- YOU ONLY NEED ONE LEVELER PER AXLE ON ONE SIDE OF THE TRAILER. With the Andersen Camper Leveler, you don't need to level both sides of the trailer - only put them on the low side.
The Anderson Leveler RV chocks are a very durable and easy to use leveling chocks. Instead of dealing with blocks or planks and trying to adjust how many you need to stack, with these chocks you just roll onto them.
Once the RV is at the desired level, you use the provided wheel chocks to lock them in place and you’re ready to relax. Each leveler can hold up to 30,000 lbs which should be plenty for any RV. These leveling chocks level up to 4”.
Leveling Chocks – Tri-Lynx Leveler Block Chocks
- Lynx Stop 'N Chocks, 2 per Box
- Leveling your RV has never been easier
- The only self-positioning guide
- Now you'll hit the top of the stack every time
The Tri-lynx leveler block chocks are a must-have if you use the Tri-lynx leveling blocks. These block chocks easily snap to the leveling blocks making them a quick way to chock your tires to prevent any rolling.
It also helps you know when you are at the top of the blocks and don’t want to roll any further. They are extremely durable making them long-lasting and able to withstand any weather.
Join 5000+ Subscribers
For Exclusive Access to our Weekly Getaway Tips
What You Will Receive:
✅Tips and tricks to save you money and time when purchasing an RV and while out on the road.
✅Hand-picked product reviews and recommendations that we use and love.
✅Destination highlights and activities that you need to add to your bucket list.
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API