When your RV microwave or convection oven dies, don’t panic. Replacing your RV appliances is as easy as going shopping. The bigger problem comes when you need to decide which new microwave or convection oven to choose! Many options could fit your needs, and we wanted to highlight a few of our favorites.
About RV Microwaves
RV microwaves are just like regular microwaves, but they’re usually smaller, so they’ll fit into a cabinet space. You’ll frequently find microwave and convection oven combos in an RV, too (more on that in the next section).
Additionally, the wattage will be lower than a microwave in a residential kitchen. RVs have a smaller electrical circuit than a house, so if you get a microwave that’s too powerful, you could trip the breakers.
What Is a Microwave Convection Oven Combo?
A microwave convection oven combo is essentially what it sounds like: a device that you can use as a microwave or a convection oven. You can bake in a convection oven or roast a small chicken.
You can also pop popcorn or heat leftovers in a unit like this. It’s incredibly versatile, and once you figure out the cooking times of your favorite meals, you’ll be ready to share your talents and food with others.
14 Best RV Microwaves and Convection Ovens
The following are the top 14 RV microwaves and convection ovens on the market. When narrowing down your choice, check the size, weight, and energy consumption to ensure it’s the suitable unit for your RV.
1. Greystone 0.9 Cubic Ft RV Microwave
- Microwave has 6 auto-cook settings and 10 power levels to heat food quickly and efficiently
- Touch control panel has a control lock to prevent accidental use
The GreyStone RV Microwave is a 900-watt microwave with six auto cook settings and 10 power levels. With its multiple mounting options, you can use it in a cabinet or on the counter. It’s stainless steel and weighs 34 pounds.
This is a new model that can do everything you need a microwave to do. It has a glass plate that rotates your food as well for even heating.
2. RecPro 0.9 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Black
- External dimensions: 19 1/16” W x 14 1/2” D (without back plate - 13 1/4") x 11 5/8” H Installation dimensions:...
- 0.9 cu.ft. capacity with 900 watts of cooking power
The RecPro RV Microwave is a 9 Watt option with a glass turntable. It’s black and has a push-release button to open the door.
It was made for RV travel, so it has the appropriate vent kit. It weighs 28.2 pounds and has eight cooking options, 10 power levels, and a child lock setting. The unit features a 900 Watt output and 1350 Watt input.
3. RecPro Stainless 1.0 Cubic Ft RV Microwave
- WITHOUT Trim Kit External dimensions – 19.1” W x 14.7” D x 11.3” H | Installation Dimensions – 20” W x...
- 8 Express Cook options (Popcorn, Potato, Pizza, Beverage, Soup, Dinner Plate, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen Vegetable)
The RecPro RV Stainless-Steel Microwave has one cubic foot of space inside. The stainless steel is on the top, bottom, and edges, but there’s still a lot of black on the front window and control panel. They call it a “picture frame trim kit.”
It has eight express cook options (pizza, popcorn, soup, etc.) and an instant start that counts 30 seconds each time you press it.
The unit also comes in black, weighs 27.5 pounds, and uses 900 Watts output and 1350 Watts input. It’s a direct replacement for Greystone and HighPointe microwaves, according to the Amazon listing.
4. RecPro 1.1 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Convection Oven
- 9 Express Cook options (Popcorn, Potato, Pizza, Roast Chicken, Beverage, Soup, Dinner Plate, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen...
- Instant Start (30-seconds per touch)
The RecPro RV Convection Microwave features a 1.1 cubic foot interior, nine express cook options including fresh and frozen vegetables, and 10 power levels. There’s also an instant start button with 30 seconds on the clock for each press.
You shouldn’t mount it under a cabinet, so you’ll need counter space for it. The four cooking modes are microwave, microwave convection, grill, and roast. It has a net weight of 45.4 pounds.
The rated input power is 1500 Watts, and the output power is 1000 Watts. The rated input for the grill and convection oven is 1500 Watts. Amazon reviews mention that it’s whisper-quiet.
5. Advent RV Microwave
- Advent MW912BWDK Black Built-in Microwave Oven with Wide Trim Kit PMWTRIM, Specially built for RV Recreational Vehicle,...
- One touch electronic controls with digital display let you quickly and easily adjust the cook times, cook settings,...
The Advent RV Microwave is specially built for RV travel. It has 0.9 cubic feet of space and 900 Watts of power. The sleek black color looks nice with most RV decor, and it features six one-touch options like popcorn, pizza, and frozen dinners. There’s a glass turntable that cooks your food evenly under your choice of 10 power levels.
It weighs 38 pounds and can be used as a countertop microwave instead of as a built-in unit. It doesn’t have a range hood fan, so you don’t want to mount it above a stove.
6. High Pointe 1.0 Cubic Ft RV Microwave
Along with the 1.0 cubic ft of space to cook in, the High Pointe RV Microwave has 10 power levels and 900 Watts energy running through it. There are six express cooking categories and the handy instant 30-second start button. The output for power is 1350 Watts, and it weighs 29.8 pounds.
If you purchase this unit, you’ll be getting relatively new technology since it was released just a year ago. It doesn’t come with a trim kit, though, so if it’s too small for your space, you’ll have to add your own trim.
7. Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 850-watt, over-the-range convection microwave browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts
- 2-color, 7-digit, interactive display; Smart and Easy sensor settings
The Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave trimmed in stainless steel has 1.1 cubic feet of space and uses 850 Watts power. This unit has a four-way convection system that browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts. It also has a built-in exhaust system with a fan and light. There are also three venting options.
The unit weighs 72 pounds. It has a free 10-year warranty for major components.
8. Dometic RV Microwave
The Dometic RV Microwave is specifically designed for use in RVs and can handle over-the-road travel vibrations. There’s 1.1 cubic ft of space to cook in, plus 1000 Watts of cooking power. In addition to the nine one-touch settings to cook pizza, potatoes, and popcorn, it has 10 power levels.
You can slow cook, brown, and crisp with convection heat, all in a 52.9-pound package. And it comes with an exhaust kit for when you install it.
9. Contoure RV Microwave
The Contoure built-in microwave oven is 27 pounds with six one-touch buttons for quick cooking and 10 adjustable power levels. The microwave uses 900 Watts cooking and 1350 Watts input.
You can put this appliance in a cabinet because it vents from the top. If you’re looking for the trim kit, you’ll need to purchase that separately or make one yourself. It also has a child-safe lock to keep those littles safe while cooking.
10. Galanz Microwave Convection Combo
- 【TRUE CONVECTION】 Heated air circulates throughout the oven as food spins 360°, cooking your food faster and more...
- 【SENSOR COOK & SENSOR REHEAT】 A built-in humidity sensor ensures that your food is never under- or overcooked. For...
The Galanz microwave convection combo has features we have yet to see. It’s a ToastWave with TotalFry 360, meaning it can toast food, air fry, work like a convection oven, or be a toaster oven.
You can toast six slices of bread. Or air fry french fries. Or bake cookies. You could even cook your meat in the convection mode, and it will come out perfectly! There are sensor modes that make sure your food cooks all the way through with no cold spots before you remove it.
This unit weighs 40.2 pounds and has a capacity of 1.2 cubic feet. It’s a 1000-Watt appliance. It comes with accessories to use any of the settings. It also has 11 power levels and inverter technology.
11. Toshiba Countertop Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage:...
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x...
The Toshiba Microwave Oven with smart sensors comes in three sizes: 1 cubic foot, 1.2 cubic feet, or 1.3 cubic feet. You can choose stainless steel or black stainless steel finishes, and you’ll place the unit on the counter rather than in a cabinet.
The unit also air fries food with 25 preset settings on the menu. It can roast a chicken or bake a cheesecake with its low-temperature setting, along with nine other power settings.
The unit weighs 40.8 pounds and uses 1000 Watts of power. It just hit number one on Amazon’s countertop microwave oven category, so you know it’s a good product!
12. RecPro Over-Range RV Microwave and Convection Oven
- This 120V over the range microwave measures 30” wide by 15 1/4” high by 16 1/4” deep and can be installed above a...
- Weighing in at about 65 pounds, this microwave has a 42L capacity with a turntable of 13.5” diameter. Included in the...
The RecPro RV Microwave Over-Range Convection Oven uses 900 Watts of energy and weighs 68 pounds. There are specifications on how to mount this appliance to vent the cooktop. If needed, you could even vent the unit to the outside.
It has a beautiful glossy black finish, and the technology is new, given that it was released in July of 2020.
13. Black and Decker Over-Range Microwave
- Efficient & effective - 1000 watts of cooking power and a 10 different power levels for boiling, reheating, and...
- 1-6 min quick start
The Black and Decker Over-Range Microwave provides a vent for the stovetop and a place to cook or heat things.
It weighs 55.1 pounds and uses 1000 Watts of power. It has 10 power levels and a quick start button that times from one minute and goes up to six minutes. You can cook your favorite foods, like popcorn, with the push of a button.
This microwave is on the larger side, so you’ll need to measure your space before buying to make sure it fits.
14. Furrion Over-the-Range Microwave Convection Oven
- Multi Microwave Convenience Cooking Controls, Makes operation quick and easy
- Defrosting times and power levels are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results
The stainless steel Furrion Over-the-Range Microwave Convection Oven is easy to use and has 1.5 cubic feet of space. It’s heavy at 70.6 pounds!
You can bake, microwave, or combine the convection power to reduce cooking time. It has pre-programmed defrosting times and power levels too.
Having the vent for the stovetop is an excellent feature, especially when you’re in a small space! This is one unit that you can use in a home or an RV.
The microwave side uses 1500 Watts of energy while the convection function uses 1450 Watts.
Which Microwave Will You Choose?
Our advice is to pick the unit that meets your requirements and then read online reviews. There are likely things vital to you that reviewers will address.
If you don’t have an oven in your rig or you’re tired of cooking on the grill, a convection microwave might be the way to go. There’s a learning curve to working the convection setting, but people who have mastered it enjoy the quicker cooking times.
As far as microwaves go, you can’t go wrong with one you can use in the RV or on the countertop, but the choice is up to you.
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API