Table of Contents Show
When you just starting your RV journey, it is hard to know what RV gadgets you should buy now and which you can hold off on. In reality, there are hundreds of RV accessories you can pick up. However, there are some items that should be first on your list. So let’s dive in!
RV Gadgets Every RVer Needs
The below RV gadgets are not only recommended by us but by hundreds of fellow RVers on the road. Just take a look at the Amazon reviews!
Without further ado, below are the seven RV gadgets you should be adding to your Amazon cart right now.
1. Water Pressure Regulator
This tiny piece of metal can save you from a world of pain. This valve brings down the pressure to a safe level before the water reaches any plumbing fixtures inside your RV.
We recently upgraded from the basic water pressure regulator to the variable one with a gauge above and it is a world of difference. I love being able to see if any water pressure issues are in the RV (clogged line) or just low pressure coming from the campground.
2. Power Surge Protector
Power Surge Protectors aren’t cheap but neither is replacing the electrical items in your RV. This bad boy lets us know if there is a power surge or low voltage coming from the electrical box. You may think this is something to pass on initially but don’t.
In the first three months of RVing full-time, we had three power outages in campsites that could have caused damage to our rig. We know it is expensive but we would never plugin without one. If there was a massive surge (think lightning) the power surge protector would sacrifice itself for our RV. The great thing about this RV gadget is it has a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA.
- Maintain electronic safety - The 50 Amp EMS RV surge protector helps to protect against voltage fluctuations and...
- Impressive EMS features - This 50 Amp RV surge protector identifies faulty power and stabilizes electricity on your RV....
3. Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
A tire pressure monitoring system lets you know if any of the tires on your truck or fifth wheel are low, leaking, or overheating. If you know about these issues beforehand you can prevent a serious accident.
We’ve had our TireMinder TPMS since 2018 and it has saved our bacon more than a handful of times. We love the A1AS model because you can see the temperature and pressure of your tires from the display and your phone. This is of the top RV gadgets we recommend to new and experienced RVers alike.
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
- Package Dimensions: 21.9 H x 12.5 L x 13.9 W (centimetres)
4. Pot and Pan Liners
These pot and pan liners are the lazy man’s RV gadget for organizing your kitchen. While they aren’t the most fun or unique RV accessory, they are useful.
I bought multiple sets when we moved into our RV in 2017 and still have them to this day. They are sturdy, inexpensive, and something you should be ordering right now!
- Three Different Size: Perfect set of 12 non-woven pot protectors, 4 pcs of each size, 3 different sizes in total: Large...
- Easy to Use: Perfect protection when storing your pots, pans, skillets, bowls, cookware, bakeware and more. Place pan...
5. Clear Sewer Elbow
This clear elbow allows us to see what is coming out of our tanks. When you’re cleaning your black and gray tanks, you really should be interested in seeing when your water runs clear and knowing when your tanks are clean.
Not the most glamorous RV gadget, but very practical for keeping things clean. Once you’ve picked this up, you’ll want to check out the 20 RV Sewer Accessories that Don’t Stink!
- 90 degree swivel fitting
- Clear fitting to see if holding tank is empty
6. Cell Booster
If you want to learn more information about how we stay connected on the road with connectivity RV gadgets, you can read about our full setup here.
- POWERFUL TRUCK BOOSTER — The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR powerfully boosts signal for fewer dropped calls, better voice...
- CARRIER COMPATIBILITY — With multi-user functionality, every passenger can enjoy stronger cell signals from all U.S....
7. NOAA Emergency Weather Radio
It’s so important to be aware of the weather when traveling in an RV. If a sudden storm or tornado pops up, you’re going to want to know as soon as possible. I can guarantee your RV is the last place to want to be at these times! An emergency radio could just be the RV gadget that saves your life.
- NOAA Weather Scan & Alert - This emergency weather alert radio features S.A.M.E localized programming and alert you to...
- S.A.M.E Localized Programming - The Specific Area Message Encoding (S.A.M.E.) allows the user to enter a code that is...
You Don’t Need Much To Get Started
These are the 7 RV gadgets and gizmos we won’t travel without and you shouldn’t either.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API