When you just starting your RV journey, it hard to know what RV gadgets you should buy. We know we had the issue of choosing which would we need now versus what we can wait to get later. We have compiled a list of the top RV accessories that we think you should purchase early in your RV journey. These don’t include the essentials you need to hook-up your RV.
Water pressure regulator
- 2016 Improved Version. We have upgraded our brass regulator after examining other reviews; Our new lead-free regulator contains a more durable pressure gauge with oil to prevent friction of internal components, particularly low lead content, well under the lead free requirement, and comes with a 1 Year WARRANTY.
- Lead Free. This regulator was modified to contain lowest amount of lead of any regulator on the market. Each batch of regulators is tested to contain less than .13% lead, well under the NSF lead-free requirements of .25%. Email us for a copy of our testing certification.
- Regulator gauge contains oil to reduce friction of internal components and greatly increases the life of the product.
- Compatible with all U.S. water sources, including 3/4" garden hose threads and NH threads. Contact us for any compatibility questions by clicking on our store name, "Cartlee", and clicking on the ask a question button.
- Adjustable up to 160 PSI. Arrives with easy installation guide. Email us for an additional copy of the guide or quality control test.
This tiny piece of metal can save you from a world of pain. This valve brings down the pressure to a safe level before the water reaches any plumbing fixtures inside your RV. We recently upgraded from the basic water pressure regulator to the variable one with a gauge above and it is a world of difference. I love being able to see if any water pressure issues are in the RV (clogged line) or just low pressure coming from the campground.
Power surge protector
- Surge Protection: 5-Mode / 3,580J / 88,000A. Ratings: 50A / 120V/240V / 12,000W. Operating Temperatures: -40C to +105C
- Weather Resistant/designed for Outdoor Use
- Security Locking Bracket
- Rugged Pull Handle, Tough Lexan Housing, All Weather Shield Assembly
- Lifetime Warranty (excludes All Weather Shield Assembly).
These aren’t cheap but neither is replacing the electrical items in your RV. This bad boy lets us know if there is a power surge or low voltage coming from the electrical box. You may think this is something to pass on initially but don’t. In the first three months of RVing full time, we’ve already had three power outages in campsites that could have caused damage to our rig. We know it is expensive but we would never plug-in without it. If there was a massive surge (think lightning) the power surge protector would sacrifice itself for our RV. The great thing about the one listed above is it has a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA.
Tire pressure monitoring system, or TPMS
- Monitors up to 22 tires (0-232 PSI)
- 0.5 oz transmitters screw on valve stems
- Display PSI and temperature for each tire
- Visual and audible high/low pressure alarms
- Blow-out alarms
This is another must buy. The tire pressure monitoring system lets us know if any of the tires on the truck or fifth wheel are low, leaking, or overheating. If you know about these issues beforehand you can prevent a serious accident. Knowledge is power. Most accidents can be prevented with a little bit of foresight. Would you prefer to be traveling down the road unaware before you had a blowout or have at least a little bit of foresight so you can slow down or even pull over before something happened?
- THE BEST PROTECTION FOR YOUR COOKWARE - Set of 6 soft yet durable protector pads for your pots, pans, or bowls and more - in size 2x15-Inch-by-2x11-Inch-by-2x7-Inch. Washable by hand with warm water, lay flat to dry.in size 2x15-Inch-by-2x11-Inch-by-2x7-Inch. Washable by hand with warm water, lay flat to dry(15Inches*2+11Inches*2+7inches*2)
- YOUR BEST COOKWARE GUARDS - Perfect protection when storing your pots, pans, bowls, cookware, bakeware and more. Prevent damage to your kitchenware while stored in your kitchen, during transport, RV travel, or when moving home
- SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE - Place cookware protectors in between your cookware or crockery to separate them, prevent scratching of non-stick surfaces, prevent breakage, chipping, scratching and extend the life of your kitchenware
- MULTI-PURPOS & VERSATILE- Designed to perfectly protect cookware, stoneware, glass, bakeware, ceramic, bowls, plates and more. Save the non-stick coating of your cookware, or use as a trivet
- RISK FREE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - ASSIS have developed these protectors for your enjoyment. If you're not happy, return them within 60 days for a no-questions refund
These pan liners are the lazy man’s solution to organizing your kitchen. Not the most fun or unique RV accessory. They are cheap. They are sturdy. I literally use them to line everything in our cupboards. No rubbing or scratching on any of my dishes!
Clear Sewer Elbow
- 90 degree swivel fitting
- Clear fitting to see if holding tank is empty
- Swivel lug and bayonet fitting for secure connection
- UV stabilized resin for long life
- Connect sewer hose to your RV’s waste valve fitting
Let’s talk dirty for second… This clear elbow lets us see what is coming out of our tanks. When you’re cleaning your black tank, you really should be interested in seeing when your water runs clear. Not the most glamorous rv gadget, but very practical for keeping things clean.
Cell signal booster
- COMPATIBILITY: The Drive 4G-X RV Signal Booster is compatible with all US carriers including: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, U.S. Cellular and many more. *Government regulations in the U.S. prohibit boosting a particular frequency used by some of the Sprint network. Most Sprint customers still see performance improvement from we Boost signal boosters.
- SIGNAL BOOSTER: The weBoost Drive 4G-X RV (470410) Cell Phone Signal Booster boosts your 4G LTE and 3G signal up to 32X for fewer dropped calls, higher audio quality, and faster uploads and downloads. Power Req- 110-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 8 W
- STATIONARY OR ON THE GO: The weBoost Drive 4G-X RV 470410 Cell Phone Signal Booster is designed to increase your cellular signal for you RV or motorhome regardless of whether you are in motion or stationary.
- FRUSTRATION FREE SETUP: The Drive 4G-X RV cell phone signal boosters features quick and easy, do it yourself installation. All components needed for installation are included, making for a seamless set up of your signal booster.
- BATTERY LIFE: Enjoy up to 2 hours of additional talk time with the weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Phone Signal Booster. This cell phone signal booster consumes only a small percentage of your device’s battery, prolonging battery life.
This is key for us when we camp in more rural areas. If you still work this is 100% a must have. We would not have been able to stay in some of the places we have without our cell signal booster. It makes cell service magically appear.
Weather monitoring system
- Check current indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, including trend arrows to indicate how conditions have been changing at a glance
- Patented self-calibrating technology creates a 12 to 24 hour personal weather forecast
- Large, easy to read screen displays the current date and time, and automatically adjusts the clock for daylight saving time
- The auto-dimming display includes barometric pressure, and daily high and low records for indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity
- Powered with a an AC adapter for your convenience with an optional battery backup.
We love knowing the exact temperature of our rig inside and out. The forecast helps with planning the day’s activities or on those colder days, a reminder to fill up on propane! The best part though is the humidity gauge. Humidity in an RV can be a real nuisance so it’s good to know what it is at all times. We didn’t have one for the first 2 months but once we got one as a gift, we knew we should have had it the whole time.
So those are our 7 RV gadgets and gizmos we won’t travel without. We highly recommend if you consider at least the first three on this list. They will protect you and your RV from any headaches in the future. Did we miss anything? Do you have a gadget that you can’t live without? Let us know down below!
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API