While RV sewer accessories might not get you pumped for RVing, they are absolutely necessary to avoid smells, accidents, and cleanliness. Personally, I was really grossed out about the idea of RV sewer when we were thinking about jumping into RV life, but now I’m weirdly obsessed with it. Ensuring our tanks are clean, smell-free, and thoroughly rinsed is oddly satisfying.
To make sure that your tanks are squeaky clean and the dumping process is a breeze, I’ve compiled the below list of my favorite RV sewer accessories. All of these tools and products will make sure you don’t have any nasty accidents while dumping and your black tank stays clean and smell free!
Sound good? Let’s dive in.
RV Sewer Accessories for Easy Dumping
Obviously, you will need a hose to connect to your RV so you can dump your tanks. The hose below is from a company called Camco. They create tons of RV supplies that hold up well over time. We’ve had our hose since we hit the road in 2017 and it’s been great.
- Kit includes: Two 10 Foot Rhino FLEX sewer hoses with pre attached bayonet and lug fittings, transparent elbow with 4 in...
- Fits a variety of dump station pipes: The transparent elbow connects to the 4 in 1 adapter, which fits 3 inch slips or 3...
Sewer Hose Support
While this RV sewer accessory isn’t necessary, it’s very convenient. It is higher on one end than the other so when you place your sewer hose in it, there is now a natural flow with the help of gravity. We wouldn’t RV without ours!
- The ultimate protection and support for your sewer hose: The 20 feet Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support by Camco lifts and...
- Hassle free preparation and setup: Conveniently ready to use straight of the box with no assembly required. Comes...
Sewer Hose Extension
Trust me when I say you will end up needing a sewer hose extension at some point! Every RV park is different when it comes to the placement of their sewer connection and boy is it not fun to find out your hose doesn’t reach. We actually have our main hose and then three additional extension. And yes, we’ve used them all at once a handful of times.
- Kit Includes: 10-foot Rhino FLEX extension with (1) pre-attached lug and bayonet fitting
- Compatibility: Compatible with any sewer hose that has a bayonet fitting
Sewer Hose Storage Caps
These caps are great for keeping things dry between camping trips. They attach to each end of your sewer hose and create an odor tight connection. We love them because they prevent any dripping from our sewer hose into our storage pipe.
- Seal both ends of your sewer hose before storing
- Works with Rhino brand, Revolution, and Easy Slip sewer hose fittings
Sewer Hose Replacement Gasket
It’s always a good idea to have a few of these gaskets around! If by chance you notice your sewer hose leaking at the connections, you can quickly replace the gasket and be good to go. You’ll want to have a few of these in your RV sewer accessory arsenal.
- Replacement gaskets on RV sewer fittings to ensure an odor-tight seal
- Includes two bayonet gaskets and two 4-in-1 gaskets
Sewer Hose Seal
While it would be awesome if all RV parks used the same standard sizing for their sewer connections, they don’t. There are typically three sizes for sewer hose connections, however, you will still find a weird one here and there. That’s when this RV sewer accessory comes in to play. It’s great to have so there isn’t any leakage if your connection is the wrong size.
- Connects directly on RV sewer hose for an odor proof connection to dump station
- Works with the grey water seal
This RV sewer accessory looks pretty boring but it has saved us from frustration a few times. This accessory adds three inches of height to your sewer connection. This is important because some RV parks have really recessed sewer connections and even though you might be able to screw your 4-in-1 adapter in, your hose won’t make the connection. This tool fixes that problem and allows for a secure connection.
- Extends the attachment height of your 4-in-1 adapter 3" for recessed dump stations
- Fits in between Camco's 4-in-1 adapter and elbow
Clear Elbow Fitting
Now, you might think it gross to have a clear fitting but seriously, you want to see what’s coming out of your tank. More specifically, you want to see when your flushes are running clear water; that’s how you know your tanks are clean. If you can’t see what’s coming out of your tanks, you can’t guarantee you’re getting a good cleaning. While it might not be the most glamorous RV sewer accessory, it’s absolutely necessary.
- Securely connects: RV sewer elbow adapter fits securely into dump station connection
- Fits four sizes of dump station inlets: Fits securely into four sizes of dump station inlets 4 inch npt, 3.5 inch npt, 3...
Twist On Waste Valve
This is one of our favorite RV sewer accessories. You can permanently place this at the end of the sewer connection on your RV. It helps prevent any leakage that might happen after you’re done dumping your tanks. Trust me, there is nothing more disgusting than opening your sewer connection to hook up your hose and have liquid come out. This accessory stops that!
- No more mess with an old valve problem
- Twists onto your current waste valve
Sewer Tank Rinser
This is the perfect tool for those rigs where the RV sewer connection is a straight shot to their black tank. You can use this connection to not only dump your tanks, but then spray water back up it to rinse your tank as well.
- Direct jet allows water stream to rinse and flush RV sewer systems
- Rhino Blaster Tank Rinser securely attached to RV sewer outlet via bayonet swivel fitting
Waste Master Sewer Hose
If you want to step your sewer game up, the Waste Master is for you. This sewer hose connects permanently to your RV (so there is an installation process) and features a 90-degree discharge port that is easy to fit and secure into any sewage inlet. The nozzle has an easy-grip handle, an integrated shut-off valve, and a clear viewport that allows you to see when the tanks are empty or water is running clear.
- Comes complete with a time-tested CAM lock connector that ensures a leak-proof connection to the sewer outlet
- Hose is designed with its helical coil on the outside, while the inside is much smoother, preventing waste from getting...
Black Tank Rinsing Hose
For those of you that have a black tank rinse built into your RV, you need to have a separate hose for that. In other words, do not use your fresh water hose to rinse your black tank! While it might just seem like only water goes in both of those connections, there is a risk of backflow, which would contaminate your fresh water hose. Just imagine if you rinsed your black water tank, unknowingly had backflow, then the next time you used the same hose for your freshwater connection you would be getting poo particles in there! Barf! So I repeat, do not use your fresh water hose to rinse your black tank!
- Rinse your sewer hose after dumping for more sanitary storage
- Powerful hose rinse cap is designed with a 4 way water pressure blaster for better cleaning, water shut off valve and...
This tool is so handy! Eventually, you will run into a sewer cap at a campground that is impossible to open. We’ve also found ourselves in situations where we are packing up camp and cannot unscrew our adapter. Both of these circumstances are irritating and time-wasting. This accessory not only helps unscrew caps but can be flipped over to help unscrew a stuck adapter. It’s a great little tool to have in your arsenal!
- Loosen any dump station cap with ease
- Works with 3" and 4" male or female plugs
RV Sewer Accessories for Cleanliness
Holding Tank Treatment
It’s so important to use a holding tank treatment! Not only for your black tank but for your grey tanks as well. We use and love Happy Camper. It comes in powder form so all you have to do is dissolve it and flush it.
- Not for Sale or Shipping to California.
- ODOR FREE: absolutely no sewer smell
Lysol Multi-Purpose Cleaner
We use this cleaner on all of the connections during setup, especially the water spigot at campgrounds. It’s good to have handy in your wet bay, as you never know when you might need it.
- Kills 99.9% of Viruses and Bacteria when used as directed
- No harsh chemical residue
Command Spray Bottle Hangers
We use these Command Hangers in our wet bay to hold the Lysol Cleaner. It’s great for keeping things organized and tidy wherever you keep your RV sewer accessories.
- INCLUDES - 1 white hanger, 2 large strips; 1 strip holds 2.5 lbs
- DAMAGE-FREE HANGING- Easily keep your spray bottles out of sight but within reach without causing damage to your wood,...
It’s important to use gloves when dumping your tanks. Be sure to only wear them when you are handling the sewer accessories and take them off before handling your water and electrical accessories. We don’t want any cross contamination!
- ✅ MADE OF THICK VINYL : These Gloves are a great way to keep your staff in compliance with health code regulations at...
- ✅ LATEX FREE & POWDER FREE & NON STERILE : Manufactured without powder. This Powder-Free Vinyl Material is easy to...
Magnetic Glove Box Holder
We use this glove box holder next to our Command Hangers. It stays in place on travel days and keeps the glove box from getting wet or damaged. Another big plus is that it keeps things organized wherever you keep your RV sewer accessories.
- [Hand-Free Glove Dispenser]: While working with oil, paint, and more, depend on the ABN Magnetic Glove Holder Latex...
- [Mountable Magnetic Holder]: Glove box holder wall mount will save space on your workbench with two long magnets; Felt...
360 Siphon Roof Vent
We had issues with smells about a year into RVing and could not figure out where it was coming from. We changed our air admittance valves under all the sinks, deep cleaned our tanks multiple times, and even checked our ACs for possible dead critters. Nothing helped! Finally, we were told to change our roof vent for the black and grey tanks to the 360 Siphon Roof Vent, and voilà, no more smells since!
- ELIMINATES ODOR - Exhausts odors out the roof vent before they have a chance to invade your RV
- COMPATIBILITY - Engineered for a universal fit, the 360 Siphon is compatible with all RV vent caps
Durable Storage Containers
We store all of our RV sewer accessories in this extremely durable container. We have two others for our water and electrical accessories as well. We love them because they come in many different sizes, they’re heavy duty, and are stackable.
- 15-gallon capacity ideal to store camping gear, sports equipment, tools, hunting supplies, shoes, clothes, seasonal...
- Heavy duty impact-resistant construction and design with nesting capabilities, making it great for stacking
There you have it! Those are all of the RV sewer accessories we use and love for RVing. Dealing with your black tank and dumping doesn’t have to be a crappy task if you have the right tools and accessories.
If you’re ready for additional accessories related to water, electric, outdoor setup, games, and more check out our Ultimate List of RV Accessories!
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API