Table of Contents Show
You can drastically change the way you feel about your RV by making a few RV upgrades. Some basic modifications can have a massive impact on your overall RVing experience. They can save you time, energy, and possibly a few bucks.
We’ve compiled 20 easy RV upgrades you’ll love, and we want to share them today. Let’s get started!
How Can I Improve My RV?
It may seem intimidating, but you can improve your RV by making a few customizations. The great thing about many of these modifications is that you don’t have to have an engineering certification or rocket science background.
Whether you can maximize storage space or improve your comfort level, RV upgrades can be worth it.
20 Easy RV Upgrades You’ll Actually Love
Here are 20 easy RV upgrades that you can add to your weekend project list. Get them done and enjoy your RV even more!
Let’s take a look.
1. Upgrade Your Mattress
RV manufacturers likely have never tried to sleep on the mattresses they’re putting in their rigs. Most of these mattresses are slightly better than what you’d find in a low-budget motel.
However, the folks at Mattress Insider can help you pick just the right mattress to help you rest up for your RVing adventures.
Keep in Mind: Before upgrading your mattress, take a look at this guide to find the right RV mattress size for your rig.
2. Change Your Lights to LED
It still surprises us that many RV manufacturers install incandescent lights in their rigs. LED lights come in various colors to help achieve the right look and feel. They last practically forever and use much less energy. Simply unscrewing the old bulbs and screwing in an LED takes seconds.
- 【GUARANTEE】Please buy with confidence, we offer "ONE YEAR" warranty on item(s) damaged during delivery or have a...
- 【ADVANTAGE】(Set of 20 bulbs)50-pieces extremely bright 3014 LED chips per bulb. Unique 360 degree lighting design to...
3. Replace Your RV Door Lock
It might surprise you to learn that there are only a handful of different keys for the standard RV door lock. If you spend much time in campgrounds and RV parks, there’s a good chance that a fellow camper has a matching key. Upgrading to an RV Lock allows you to use a pin code to unlock your door and increases the security of your rig.
- Keypad and Key Fob Entry – Created by a small family business in Utah, USA, The RVLock V4 Keyless Entry Handle...
- Durable Metal Construction – The RVLock V4 is the Industry's Most Innovative and Secure Keyless RV Handle, 100% METAL...
4. Spruce Up Your Kitchen With a Stick-and-Peel Backsplash
Most RV manufacturers don’t install ceramic tile in RVs because it’s insanely heavy. However, stick-and-peel tile can provide the same look but a fraction of the weight. With a little bit of patience and attention to detail, you can change the look and feel of your entire kitchen.
- 10 Sheets premium self-adhesive tiles, 12" X 12" each
- Upgraded strong back glue, especially designed for kitchen, shower and fireplace
5. Switch to a Digital Thermostat
Doing an RV upgrade from your analog thermostat to a digital thermostat provides a more accurate temperature. Without guessing, you can also see the current temperature and whatever temperature you’re setting it to. If you install a programmable thermostat, you can set it to adjust the temperature based on the time of day.
- Thermostat Color: Black
- Heating and cooling design with wall mount and plugs
6. Add Towel Racks to Your RV Bathroom
Many RV bathrooms don’t come with towel racks. This can make it incredibly frustrating to find a place to hang your towels to dry, especially if everyone showers after a long day of adventuring. Luckily, installing a towel rack in your RV is relatively easy.
- The length of the towel rod that can hang towels is 14.8 inches, please pay attention to measurement.
- Material: SUS 304 stainless steel, rustproof, ensuring quality and longevity.
7. Put in an Oxygenics Showerhead
If you want maximum water pressure while showering in your RV, you will want to upgrade the showerhead. The Oxygenics showerheads are the most popular options RVers choose.
They can provide an enormous boost in pressure and minimize water usage.
- 5 Spray Settings Are Powered By Cutting-Edge Technology To Increase Pressure
- Rubber Finger Grips Prevents Any Slippage Or Dropping
Finding a place in your RV to keep your trash can be difficult. It seems like no matter where you put it, it’s in the way, and someone’s tripping over it. This hidden trash can allows you to easily store your trash can out of the way under a kitchen cabinet.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL FRAME - Hooks securely onto the door or, for a cleaner look, remove the hanger and screw in for a...
- REMOVABLE PLASTIC BUCKET - Keeps your cabinet free from messy spills and lifts out for easy cleaning.
9. Switch Your Batteries to Lithium
The batteries that come with an RV are typically junk. Upgrading your RV batteries to lithium can be costly, but it will drastically improve your ability to enjoy off-grid camping.
- Up to a Decade of Use - Enjoy superb return on your investment with this heavy duty LiFePO4 battery! This 50Ah 24V...
- Built for Rugged Adventures - Our fast-charging lithium-ion batteries are perfect for RVs, campers, vans, boats, and...
Pro Tip: If you want options when deciding on lithium read our guide on How to Choose the Best Lithium RV Battery.
10. Install Solar Panels
If you’re upgrading your batteries to lithium, you might as well take the next step and install solar panels on your roof. These will help keep your batteries charged and allow you to camp in new, exciting locations.
- [Wide Application] 800Wh daily output depends on the 4 hours sunlight availability; suited for applications that require...
- [Excellent Performance] 22% High solar cell efficiency; Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for outdoor use, allowing the...
11. Get a Wireless RV Backup Camera
RVs are large, and seeing what’s behind you when backing up can be difficult. An RV upgrade, like Installing a wireless RV backup camera, increases safety and can help you avoid hitting obstacles.
Keep in Mind: Want to give your truck some love too? Then these are the 5 Best Truck Upgrades for Towing!
- Easy & Quick Installation: Vision S Sharkfin Camera is an easy plug and play for pre-prepped RVs, eliminating extensive...
- Durable and intelligent camera system: Includes a High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof camera with infrared night...
12. Add LED String Lights to Dark Places
Installing LED string lights can help bring light to dark storage spaces and even under your rig. This can deter mice and other critters from entering your RV and make it easy for you to find tools at night.
- Colors That Energize: The LED strip lights are packed with traditional RGB and 16 other colors. You can enjoy 6...
- Dual Control: Manage your LED lights easily from the comfort of your couch with a remote control range of 32.8ft. With...
13. Attach a Kitchen Countertop Extension
If you’re not happy with the amount of countertop space, an extension is easy to install. This RV upgrade can provide more space for meals or playing games.
You’re likely never to hear an RVer complain about having too much countertop space.
- A Convenient Kitchen Accessory: Adds an additional 12-inches to your RV's countertop
- Durable, Food Safe Construction: Made of durable bamboo that is suitable for food contact
14. Put in a Shoe Storage System
One of the biggest frustrations for RVers is finding a place to store shoes. These wall-mounted shoe racks allow you to store your shoes in unused spaces. You can finally stop tripping over them as you enter and exit your RV.
- 【Simple】Very easy to install, make your home look more classy
- 【Materals】Made of eco-friendly PC plastic, Shoes Rack with sticky mounts
15. Increase Your Stabilization
Because of how RVs sit, you can feel an astounding amount of movement as people move about your rig. Performing an RV upgrade by using X-Chocks can help reduce the bounce and help you enjoy a more stable experience.
- Provides added stabilization and prevents tire shifts by applying opposing force to tandem tire applications
- As opposed to other chocks, the X-Chock works with the tires’ natural movement instead of against them
16. Hang Stick-and-Peel Wallpaper
If you want to transform a room or show off your personality, stick-and-peel wallpaper can easily make it happen. RVs typically have the same color walls throughout the entire rig. By installing stick-and-peel wallpaper, you can make your rig stick out from all the rest.
- SIZE AND FEATURES HOLDES: 17.71 X 118 In, looks real wood grain, 3D visual effect, warm color. Multi-volumes can be...
- MULTI PURPOSE USE: The wood wallpaper can be peeled and stick, and there is a layer of self-adhesive on the back. The...
17. Put a Shampoo and Conditioner Dispenser in your Shower
Installing a shampoo and conditioner dispenser in your shower allows you to save space in your bathroom. You also eliminate one more thing that you need to pack and unpack. They also provide a more modern look in your shower.
- MORE SUDS, LESS CLUTTER - simplehuman's wall mount pumps eliminate bottle clutter and keep everything you need within...
- I'M ERGONOMIC - Our durable die-cast t-bar lever makes it easy to dispense just the right amount of soap, shampoo or...
18. Upgrade Your Ceiling Vent Fans
The fans that come in ceiling vents are not very powerful or effective. Upgrading your vent fans drastically improves ventilation and airflow throughout your rig. You typically install them with a few screws and plug them into the existing wiring. It’s very simple!
- Powerful 10-speed intake and exhaust fan
- Thermostat to control room temperature
19. Change or Recover Your Cushions
If your cushions show their age, upgrading the fabric can go a long way. You not only bring them back to life but also add to the environment of your rig. A bit of color on your cushions can brighten up a dark RV.
- MEASUREMENT: To ensure the best fit, please measure your cushion before purchase. We offer 3 separate sizes to...
- HIGH QUALITY FABRIC: Wear-resisting fabric for longer cushion life that is soft to the touch. Great elasticity that fits...
20. Switch Out Your Blinds
As your RV ages, the blinds can start to show their age. Replacing them with a quality set of roller shades is rather easy. A few screws separate you from adding a fresh new look to your window blinds.
- When measuring width, please note that the measurement is the overall measurement of the shade, from knob to knob NOT...
- If returned Items are due to the customer ordering the wrong size, style, or color, they are automatically subject to a...
Making RV Upgrades Are So Worth It
As you can see, there are many RV upgrades you can make to your rig. Most of these simple upgrades can significantly impact your ability to be comfortable in your RV and help your RV retain its value.
If you’re upgrading the electrical system, make sure you know what you’re doing. We want you to have a “shockingly” good time while RVing, but not while upgrading your RV.
What RV upgrades are you adding to your to-do list?
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API