Table of Contents Show
Camping with your best four-legged friend is a significant reason why pet owners choose the RV lifestyle. But what about those nights you want to eat out at a restaurant? Not every activity while living on the road is pet friendly. So what do you do if you have to leave the dog in the camper/RV? How will you know if the temperature is safe? An RV temperature monitor is a useful tool to control the environment inside your RV while your pet is home, but you’re not.
RV temps can quickly reach over 100 degrees in a very quick time frame, even when the outside temps are in the high 70s. Parking in sunlight and with the sun coming into RV windows, the temps can quickly overwhelm dogs. RV electric and generators can sometimes fail, making the AC units trip off. This puts your beloved pet at risk for brain damage, heatstroke, dehydration, seizures, or even death! How scary! Luckily technology has a few options for our peace of mind.
Recommendation: Nimble RV/Dog Safety Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- ◆SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED◆: Waggle Pet Monitor Cannot Be Used Without A Subscription. The Subscription Is For Cellular...
- INSTANT ALERTS ON YOUR PHONE: Get Alerted - Not Alarmed. Keeping An Eye On Your Dog’s Safety Is Now Easy With Waggle....
This unit, the Nimble RV Dog Temp Sensor (now called Waggle) works over a cellular network, Verizon 4G. Wherever there is a Verizon signal, the unit will work, no WiFi is required. It sends a text and email alert when there is a temperature “excursion” and there is real-time monitoring for heat, humidity, and heat index. How does it work?
- Attach the monitor in your RV
- Install The Waggle Pet App and register on your phone
- Monitor temp, humidity, heat index, and (location, upgraded service) in real-time and in 15-minute increments via text/email. Alerts when RV power is lost or when the battery is low (unit must be plugged in).
How to Monitor RV Temperatures
Technology makes it easier to monitor RV temps when you’re not there, but they aren’t without fail. Obviously, you need power to the unit, and if you choose a cell phone plan, cell coverage as well. You can’t venture too far away, because if YOU don’t have a cell signal, you can’t get alerts.
Benefits of Pet Temperature Monitors for RVs
With pet temp monitors, you can have more peace of mind for short excursions away from the RV. If you have to get groceries or want to visit a restaurant where pets aren’t allowed, you have a little more time away while still being able to keep an eye on the temps in the RV.
Types of Pet Temperature Monitors for RVs
- Wireless units work off of WiFi, so you must have a good internet connection where you are camping, but do not require a monthly cellular data plan…
- Cellular data have better coverage area, but require a cell signal where you are camping and also require a monthly service fee for the cellular usage
Camping with your pet is a great joy, but also adds a layer of responsibility and planning to any camping excursion. For your pet’s safety, it is essential to plan ahead for short excursions without them, especially in potentially hot or extremely cold weather. Stay prepared with an RV temperature monitor to add another layer of safety and peace of mind while traveling with your furry companion!
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API