Today’s gel-sided RVs look amazing with their glossy finishes and attractive graphics. But as much as we adore our gorgeous RVs, the sun comes up every day and does everything in its powers to damage the finish and destroy the decals. Maintaining the gorgeous finish requires more than just washing with soap and water to remove the dirt. Just like using sunscreen at the pool, we need to apply the best RV wax for fiberglass to protect our investment and give our rolling babies the TLC that they deserve.
All of the products that we recommend are high-quality products. Whether you prefer a carnauba blend or an all chemical compound, each of these waxes has its strengths and each is priced affordably. The main differences in these products are liquid vs. spray and chemical vs. carnauba blend. Carnuba is a natural wax from the north Brazilian carnauba palm. Although this ingredient is preferred by many classic vehicle owners, today’s carnauba waxes are a blend of compounds and still contain necessary chemicals to remain effective.
The five best RV waxes for fiberglass that we recommend are:
- EASY TO USE: Our formula offers long-lasting polymer protection and incredible deep gloss to fiberglass and gel coat...
- BEST PROTECTION FOR YOUR BOAT: Protects against UV damage and wear
This is our top recommended liquid, and as the name states, this is Meguiar’s flagship product. The Meguiar’s brand has been trusted for years and this liquid wax is by far their finest and easiest to apply wax. This liquid goes on with a soft cloth or buff wheel and applies a high gloss finish that shields your fiberglass and graphics and also removes light stains and black streaks. As their top of the line, this wax is also supposed to last longer between applications.
- SIMPLY THE BEST WATERLESS CAR WASH. Gently Cleans and Protects while leaving a Non-Stick UV Protective Coating on All...
- Highly performance Aircraft Quality Wax for your Car, Boat, and RV. ONCE YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE YOU WILL NEVER USE...
Some people prefer the ease of a spray, and this is our favorite wash and wax spray product. If the wind cooperates, spraying a 4’x4’ square and then rubbing it with a soft cloth is a quick way to shine your coach. Although slightly more expensive than the Mequiar’s Flagship bottle, this Aero Cosmetics product gives you a full 16oz spray bottle and another gallon refill to make it less expensive per ounce. Aero Cosmetics is a reliable product and the spray is simple to use, weather permitting.
- MARINE WAX: Blends pure Brazilian carnauba wax with polymers and resins to provide durable long-lasting protection and...
- UV PROTECTION: Protects against the sun’s ultraviolet rays
Slightly less expensive than the Flagship, Meguiar’s M5616 is a carnauba blend that will satisfy the purists who can only be pleased by that carnauba palm smell. People who love Meguiar’s carnauba won’t be happy with anything else.
- RV: Removes oxidation, road grime and black streak marks near joints.
- BOAT: Removes fresh and salt water marine build-up and gives new life to gel coats. Protects against prolonged exposure...
Pro Car Beauty is also a carnauba blend, and they give Meguiar’s a run for their money. This blend also includes a cleaner that’s safe for your gel-coat and graphics but is also strong enough to remove black streaks.
- Product Type :Auto Accessory
- Package Dimensions :3.302 Cm L X6.096 Cm W X19.812 Cm H
Although Meguiar’s wins the name-recognition challenge, we’ve been a fan of Chemical Guys and their YouTube channel for years. The Chemical Guys have put a lot of research and innovation into their consumer products, and their quality shows in the final shine. This GAP11416 not only removes stubborn black streaks, but it’s also great for filling in scratches and swirls on your finish. The only complaint about Chemical Guys is that they have so many amazing products that one thing eventually leads to another, and before you know it you’ve erased any savings by buying more and more of their items. It’s a good problem to have though.
All of these products are the best RV waxes for fiberglass you can get. Choosing one finally comes down to personal preference and maybe a little brand loyalty. It’s up to you to decide between liquid or sprays, carnauba or no, and classic Meguiar’s or the challengers.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API