Table of Contents Show
Owning an RV water pressure regulator is an absolute must for all RV owners. It doesn’t matter if you full time or go on one or two trips a year in your RV, you need to have this product in your arsenal. The number one cause of plumbing issues in an RV is hooking up to a water spigot with high water pressure.
How to Choose the Best RV Water Pressure Regulator
PSI (pound per square inch) is how you measure water pressure. When hooked up to a water spigot at a campsite or at home, you want your PSI to be no higher than 60 PSI.
While building regulations keep PSI at around 50 for homes, there is no regulation at RV campgrounds. Some campgrounds PSI can range in the hundreds! Which would most surely cause a water line to burst and lead to major water damage. We don’t want that for you and that is why we put together a list of the best RV water pressure regulators on the market today. Let’s dive in!
Best RV Water Pressure Regulator
Renator M11-0660R Water Pressure Regulator Valve
- BEST QUALITY REGULATOR ON THE MARKET. Get the only regulator that is quality tested in the US using American standards,...
- EASY TO INSTALL, EASY TO USE. Effortlessly adjust and monitor your water pressure, and enjoy strong showers and good...
The Renator Water Pressure Regulator Valve is rated the best regulator on the market today. This lead-free regulator is extremely durable and is safe for drinking water. The Renator Regulator is able to fit on any standard hose connection and has an easy to read dial.
A feature we love about this one is that you can adjust your pressure manually to get your desired pressure. We currently own this water pressure regulator and can safely say it is built to last and holds up in extreme conditions.
Camco Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge
- Helps protect RV plumbing and hoses from high pressure city water.Fit Type: Universal Fit
- Attaches easily with 3/4" garden hose threads
If you want something a little more basic, the Camco Brass Regulator with a Gauge is a great way to go. Similar to the more basic model, this one has a gauge to measure the pressure. It comes pre-set at 50-60 PSI but with the gauge, you can make sure it’s working and within the appropriate range. The brass metal keeps the lead down so it’s safe to drink from as well.
Camco (40055) RV Brass Inline Water Pressure Regulator
- RV Pressure Regulator: RV water pressure regulator is designed to protect RV and boat appliances, plumbing fixtures, and...
- Efficient Design: Camper water pressure regulator reduces water pressure to a safe and consistent 40-50 PSI
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, the Camco Inline Water Pressure Regulator is your best bet. This sturdy regulator is made out of brass to keep the lead count low and is safe to drink from.
Unfortunately, there is no gauge on it or a way to adjust the pressure. However, it is pre-set to keep the pressure between 50-60 PSI. It is a very durable regulator and can fit any standard water spigot. A great option for non-daily use!
Bonus Option: Unrestricted Water Flow
MAX Flow RV Water Pressure Regulator
- 💧 FULL, UNRESTRICTED WATER FLOW: The Max Flow RV Regulator will provide up to 18 gallons per minute of unrestricted...
- 💧 NO ADJUSTMENTS OR MONITORING NEEDED: Water pressure at RV parks and campgrounds can vary. The Max Flow Regulator...
The MAX Flow RV Water Pressure Regulator is unique in that it reduces PSI to a safe amount and doesn’t reduce water flow. While some regulators reduce PSI and the amount of water that flows, this one does not. The MAX Flow Regulator can provide up to 18 gallons of water per minute. It’s awesome because there is no gauge or need to adjust the PSI manually! It is pre-set to a safe pressure and made from brass to make it lead-free and safe to drink from.
While we typically have an opinion on what type of product to get, the important thing with water pressure regulators is to simply have one. Even the budget-friendly option can protect your RV and prevent major water line damage. No matter what, just make sure you have a water pressure regulator!
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API