Table of Contents Show
When you’re on the road it isn’t convenient to have to mess around with getting TV in your rig. While some RV parks offer local cable channels you may still find yourself missing out on your favorite shows. Another option is RV antennas. The best way to avoid missing out is hands down the Roku. But with lots of options to choose from, how do you know which is the best Roku for an RV?
Best Roku for Your RV
Here are our top picks for the best Roku options for RVers.
- New! Disney+ and Apple TV are now streaming on all Roku devices
- Power, picture, performance: Roku Ultra lets you stream free, live and premium TV over the Internet; right on your 4K...
The Roku Ultra is by far the best Roku for an RV. Roku Ultra has excellent HD video quality and allows you to stream live and premium channels for free using your internet connection. The Roku Ultra is also a great choice for some of the unique features it offers including voice control, lost remote finder, and access to over 500,000 movies.
All of these features and having the power to choose which channels you want to stream helps you save time and money compared to cable.
Headphone jack on remote for watching TV quietly
The real reason the Roku Ultra is the best for your RV though is the option to listen to your TV through the included JBL Premium headphones.
When spending time in a small space like an RV, you can’t get away from the sound of the TV. If you want to go to bed early but your spouse is a night owl, the sound of the TV will definitely be heard in your bedroom.
Luckily for you, that no longer has to be the case. You can use the headphone jack offered with the Roku Ultra to bring the sound of your TV straight to your ears leaving the rest of the family with sweet silence.
Roku Streaming Stick+
- Wireless that goes the distance: Basement rec room. Backyard movie night. Bring ‘em on. The long-range wireless...
- Brilliant picture quality: Experience your favorite shows with stunning detail and clarity—whether you’re streaming...
Another one of the best Roku’s for your RV is the small and sleek Roku Streaming Stick+. The Roku Ultra is a slightly larger device that needs a bit of counter space to set it up. If you’re looking for all of the amazing channels with an even smaller Roku, the Streaming Stick+ is by far the best choice.
This Roku is about the size of a traditional flash drive and takes up virtually no space at all. The Streaming Stick+ delivers amazing video quality while being simple to set up and start using.
What is a Roku?
A Roku is a streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV in the RV. Roku devices can be used to stream thousands of shows, movies, and TV channels straight to your TV. There are thousands of free channels as well as options to watch some TV shows on-demand after they have aired live on TV.
Also, you have the option to add paid channels as well as connect other services such as Netflix and Disney+ so you can conveniently watch all of your favorite shows with easy access from one location, your TV.
Having a Roku means you can ditch traditional satellite TV and bring your favorite shows with you wherever you go in your RV. As long as you have an internet connection, you can watch TV.
Roku also makes it extremely simple to access multiple streaming services in one place. You can add Roku Channels for Netflix, Sling, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple TV, and more. Then you can access them all with a simple press of a button on your Roku remote.
You can also get tons of channels in your RV for free saving you money while adding simplicity to your life!
How to Set Up
- Power up: Simply plug your Roku into the HDMI port on the back of your RV TV. Roku will then walk you through several steps.
- Connect to Wifi: After selecting your preferred language, you will be prompted to set up your wireless internet connection. Choose your network, enter your Wi-Fi password, click “Connect”, and you are set to go.
- Create a ROKU account: Setting up a Roku account is necessary to be able to use your new Roku device. But the good news is, creating an account is simple and free. To create your account, enter your email address on the TV. Then check your email on your phone or computer to click the activation link. It really is as simple as that!
- Add channels: Once your Roku is connected to your RV internet, you will see an option that says “add channel”. Click this button to search by channel name or browse through options by category. Once you find the channel you want simply click on it to install. If you decide you don’t want a particular channel later, you can easily uninstall it.
Now you’re ready to start watching all your favorite channels on the best Roku for your RV. Enjoy!
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API