Table of Contents Show
- What Is a Portable RV Solar Panel?
- The 6 Best Portable Solar Panels for Your RV
- Who Are Portable Solar Panels Best For?
Boondocking or camping off-grid can allow you an opportunity to disconnect from your hectic lives. Having electricity is a nice luxury to have. And, if you own solar, you can generate your energy anywhere the sun shines. Let us help you learn more about portable solar panels and find the perfect one for your RV.
What Is a Portable RV Solar Panel?
Though solar panels have been around for a long time, you can easily set up and take down portable ones as needed. Portable solar panels use lightweight silicon panels and attached charge controllers to store and generate electricity. You can use them for many purposes and can easily move and put them away.
The 6 Best Portable Solar Panels for Your RV
Even though you’ll find hundreds on the market, you want to ensure you get the best portable solar panel for your RV. Here are six that might be worth your investment. So let’s take a closer look.
#1. Zamp Legacy Solar Panels
- Handcrafted in the USA; 25-year output warranty; Best-in-class solar cells; Easiest start to solar
- No installation required; Includes everything you need; Charges most 12-volt batteries, even lithium
Zamp manufactures solar panels designed to last a “lifetime.” Although on the higher end of prices, they continue running for at least 25 years and are manufactured in the United States, near Bend, Oregon. So, though more costly, it seems more reasonable when you realize how long these solar panels will last.
In addition, you can use acid or lithium batteries with the Zamp Legacy solar panels. They also come with an integrated charge controller which protects your batteries and can make them last up to three times as long.
#2. Renogy Flexible Solar Panel
- Extremely Flexible: This flexible panel is capable of meeting a wide range of applications where standard panels can be...
- Ultra Lightweigh: Thanks to advanced polymer materials, this product weighs 70% less than conventional solar panels,...
Renogy solar panels are “the culmination of cutting-edge technology and precision.” Due to innovative solar cell technology and lamination techniques, the Renogy 200 Watt Solar panel has a 248-degree arc flexible range.
It weighs less than 70% than industry competitors and has reduced the thickness to less than 5%. Renogy’s flexibility and adaptability make it the perfect portable solar panel for RVs. These panels will also work for airstreams and boats.
#3. ACOPOWER Portable Solar Suitcase
- ►Portable: 8.4 lbs; LxWxH 22 x17.5 x1.2 IN; handle design; pocket for holding accessories; stands in the back by...
- ►Efficiency: monocrystalline cells from the highest conversion efficiency module provider in the world, which...
This portable solar panel for RVs comes in its suitcase. You can fold and store the ACOPOWER solar panel inside the provided bag. Then, when you need extra power or want to recharge a battery, you simply open the suitcase and point it towards the sun.
This unit can power or charge any 12V device. Additionally, it has a controller that protects the system from overloading, over-charging, or discharging and reverse connections.
#4. WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit
- The kit includes: (1) 100 Watt WindyNation Solar Panel, 30-Amp (user adjustable) WindyNation P30L LCD Display Solar...
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use
WindyNation has created its version of a portable solar panel. For RV owners, having a constant power supply is the dream, especially when boondocking or living off the grid. With this panel and a 12V battery, you can harness the power of the sun.
The WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit can provide an average of 350-Watt hours or 33 amp-hours per day. And the user-friendly control panel shows system amperage, voltage, amp-hours, temperature, and DC load draw.
#5. Eco-Worthy Solar Panels
- [Lightly Foldable, Easy to Go] The size of the foldable solar panel is 18.3*24.6*2.2inch, the weight is 9 pounds. When...
- [Adjustable Kickstands & High Efficiency] The foldable solar panel has a special kickstand with patented, which can...
You can easily charge a 12V battery or power any 12V DC device with the Eco-Worthy solar panel. It works for any of your energy needs, whether for your RV, boat, or greenhouse.
It folds up with clips to keep it closed and has a handle to easily transport it between sites or from different locations as the sun changes. Once you find a suitable place in the sun, you can unfold the panel and put it to work.
#6. ALLPOWERS Foldable Solar Panel
- ▶【Huge Power to Output】: ALLPOWERS 200W portable solar panel kit is made from US, up to 22% efficiency and 1/3...
- ▶【Compatible with Most Solar Generators】: ALLPOWERS 200W foldable solar panel is compatible with most portable...
Since 2010, AllPowers has focused all its time and money on researching, developing, and manufacturing portable and foldable power stations. The ALLPOWERS 200W Foldable solar panel is 22% more efficient and one-third lighter than similar silicon ones.
In addition, ALLPOWERS solar panels work with most solar generators and can provide limitless power for power stations, other electronic devices such as cell phones or laptops, and can charge other 12V batteries.
Who Are Portable Solar Panels Best For?
Even though a portable solar panel can help all RVers, they work best for weekenders that only need to charge something for a short amount of time. If you are a full-timer, then a complete roof-mounted solar panel system may be more appropriate.
This powerful technology has come a long way, especially for portable solar panels for your RV. They have become lighter and easier to use. Ultimately, a flexible solar panel may be the perfect solution for your RV.
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API