Table of Contents Show
- How Can I Make My Camper Better?
- Travel Trailer Hacks You’ll Love
- 1. Save Space with a Collapsible Laundry Basket
- 2. Have Bungee Cords on Hand
- 3. Use Tension Rods to Prevent Spills
- 4. Prevent Pests with Airtight Food Storage Containers
- 5. Change Your Lights to 12V LED
- 6. Use Non-Slip Liners on Shelves
- 7. Use Command Strips to Hang Pictures
- 8. Organize Your Outside Hoses
- 9. Use Pool Noodles on Your Slideouts
- 10. Use Bug Screens to Protect Your RV
- 11. Keep Your Tanks from Smelling with Happy Camper
- 12. Use a Magic Eraser Mop to Clean Your Awning
- 13. Make Leveling Easy with LevelMatePro
- 14. Use a Pizza Stone for Even Oven Cooking
- 15. Use Nesting Bowls to Save Space
- 16. Keep Warm or Cool By Using a Vent Insulator
- 17. Add Lighting Outside with Motion Sensor Activated Lights
- 18. Use Pot and Pan Protectors to Prevent Scratches
- 19. Use Command Broom and Mop Holders
- 20. Keep Gloves Close in Your Utility Bay with a Magnetic Glove Holder
- Trick Your Trailer with These Travel Trailer Hacks
Want to get the most out of your travel trailer? Some travel trailer hacks can completely transform your entire RVing experience. Today we’re sharing 20 of our favorite hacks that you’ll wish you knew sooner. Let’s get started!
How Can I Make My Camper Better?
Sometimes the simplest tricks can go a long way in transforming your camper. Whether it’s maximizing space or making RV life more manageable, a few hacks can make it a whole new experience.
You don’t have to spend tons of money or overthink it when it comes to improving your camper, either. However, the more you can use your RV, the easier it is to discover some of the best tricks. It doesn’t matter whether you’re setting out to travel full time or go for weekend adventures; you want the best experience possible while RVing.
Pro Tip: Once you get your travel trailer ready for the road, check out these 10 easy hacks to make your summer road trip epic!
Travel Trailer Hacks You’ll Love
We want you to have a great time while you’re RVing. So today we want to share with you 20 of the best travel trailer hacks that can radically improve your RVing experience. Let’s take a look!
1. Save Space with a Collapsible Laundry Basket
- COLLAPSIBLE LAUNDRY BASKET - Brookstone’s collapsible laundry basket combines both functionality and style. This space...
- GENEROUSLY SIZED - Although this laundry basket is designed to easily collapse and fold flat to save space, it is still...
When dealing with limited space, anything that can collapse for easier storage is a win. You don’t need a bulky laundry basket, especially when all of your clothes are clean.
2. Have Bungee Cords on Hand
- 24pc Bungie Cord Bundle- 4 ball bungees, 1 drawstring organizer bag & 20pc bungee cords of different lengths (6pc...
- Plastic covered metal hooks - Our bungee hooks have a 3.5mm steel core, coated with durable plastic prevents items from...
You can never have too many bungee cords. They’re a multi-purpose accessory that can make a variety of tasks easier. They’re also relatively inexpensive and easy to replace if one breaks or you forget one at a campsite.
3. Use Tension Rods to Prevent Spills
- 【Great Quality】- These tension rods Made from carbon steel, each rod do not abrasion and corrosion. Having longer...
- 【Easy Installation】- Just pull and twist, extend the length to stuck between the boards, won't damage your walls,...
You’re taking a gamble each time you open your fridge after a travel day. The contents will shift while you drive. Using a tension rod can prevent them from crashing to the ground and creating a mess.
4. Prevent Pests with Airtight Food Storage Containers
- Help Organize Your Kitchen and Pantry----Imagine every time walking to your kitchen or pantry, found everything is...
- 4 Size Combinations Fit Your Needs----Our kitchen storage containers set comes in 4 different sizes. Includes 1 Tall...
You don’t want pests and rodents to smell the sweetness of the marshmallows or other food. Using food storage containers that are airtight can minimize the chances that they’ll come searching for your groceries and leftovers.
5. Change Your Lights to 12V LED
- ✔Direct replacement for 912, 921, 922 halogen bulbs. USE for ceiling dome light (single or double). 921 LED Bulb, 12...
- ✔One bulb has 38 induvial LED chipsets for better overall light emission and reduced hot spots. ✔3500K-4000K Neutral...
Swapping out your standard lights with 12V LEDs can create more light and use less power. This means you can extend the life of your RV’s battery bank and can even take your RV to some epic boondocking spots.
6. Use Non-Slip Liners on Shelves
- Ideal for: drawers and utility cabinets or in campers and RVs to keep objects from sliding while on the move
- Non-adhesive grip top and bottom holds liner and objects in place
Placing non-slip liners on your shelves helps keep items in place in your cabinets, especially during travel days. This can prevent messes and broken dishes that may slide around as you and your RV travel down the highway.
7. Use Command Strips to Hang Pictures
- VARIETY PACK: One package includes 12 pairs of medium and sixteen pairs of large picture hanging strips; four pairs of...
- WORKS ON A VARIETY OF SMOOTH SURFACES: Wall hanging strips work on a variety of smooth surfaces, including painted...
One of the best ways to hang pictures in an RV is to use command strips. You don’t have to put holes in the walls of your RV or worry about hitting electrical wiring or plumbing hidden behind the thin wall paneling. They come off easily and don’t leave a mark when removed correctly.
8. Organize Your Outside Hoses
- Multiple Storage Uses: Compactly stores your RV fresh water drinking hose, grey water hose or electrical cords
- The Perfect Size: Measures 16-inches in diameter x 10-inches deep
By keeping your outside hoses neatly organized, you minimize the risk of damaging them. They play an important role while you’re RVing; they’ll take care of you if you take care of them.
A storage bag can prevent them from getting pinched in storage compartment doors. It can also eliminate the issue of tangles and other damage.
9. Use Pool Noodles on Your Slideouts
- 6 Pack of everyone's favorite flexible fun-in-the-sun toy. Set of 6 all-round foam tubes, 52-inch length, approximately...
- Oodles of noodles are made from a proprietary foam compound that's more dense than others for improved buoyancy and...
The corners of your slide-outs may not seem sharp, but bashing your head on them while moving around your RV can send you to the ER. Use a pair of scissors to cut 45-degree angles so the pool noodles can cover those sharp corners.
Pro Tip: Loving these hacks? Then you need to check out these 22 Camping Hacks You Have To Try This Year!
10. Use Bug Screens to Protect Your RV
- Package includes：Three 20" x 1-1/2" RV Refrigerator Vent screen；Two 2.8''x1.3'' flying insect screens, One 8.5" x 6"...
- Heavy-duty stainless steel mesh cover, absolutely strong material, combination product, multi-purpose, more...
Bugs will make a home just about anywhere. These bug screens can keep them out of some of the sensitive areas in your RV. Even if you’re not annoyed by these pesky creatures, it can pose a safety concern.
Bugs can carry diseases, and some critters have even started fires due to their nests near pilot lights for furnaces and water heaters. Installing these screens keeps you and your RV safe from a tiny problem becoming a larger one.
11. Keep Your Tanks from Smelling with Happy Camper
- Not for Sale or Shipping to California.
- ODOR FREE: absolutely no sewer smell
Even if you do your best to keep your tanks clean, they’ll eventually develop a smell. Using Happy Camper to treat your tanks helps prevent rotten smells from filling your RV.
Pro Tip: Looking to up your sanitation gear? Check out these 20 RV sewer accessories that don’t stink!
12. Use a Magic Eraser Mop to Clean Your Awning
- Magic Erasers deep penetrating action gets out grime and dirt trapped in grooves and surfaces
- Highly absorbent
An RV awning can keep the sun and rain off of you so you can enjoy the outdoors while camping. However, it’ll likely gather dirt and debris in the meantime. A Magic Eraser Mop can keep your awning looking new for years to come.
13. Make Leveling Easy with LevelMatePro
- FUSS-FREE LEVELING: Get your vehicle or RV level onto solid ground with the palm of your hand. LevelMatePRO is an...
- PATENTED BLUETOOTH RV LEVELING TOOL: LevelMate's patented RV leveling system features a 3-axis digital accelerometer to...
No matter how long you RV, finding the most level spot to park can be challenging. Installing a LevelMatePro on your RV lets you find the best spot for your rig while you sit in the driver’s seat of your vehicle. You can open the mobile phone app and check whether or not you need to reposition.
14. Use a Pizza Stone for Even Oven Cooking
- [Durable Construction and Odorless] Unicook pizza stone is crafted from all-natural Cordierite and sintered in a 2100°F...
- [Uniform Heat Distribution] The baking stone's special porous structure ensures even heat distribution and efficient...
If you enjoy baking, you know the importance of heat consistency. RV ovens are notorious for heating unevenly, which can ruin your meal or baked treats. Placing a pizza stone in the bottom of your RV’s oven helps distribute the heat evenly throughout the entire oven to prevent ruined food.
15. Use Nesting Bowls to Save Space
- Plastic mixing bowl set made of BPA free durable polypropylene and food safe material; Top rack dishwasher safe,...
- A variety of bowls with tight fitting lids that makes storing and transporting food a breeze; Great for cut up fruit,...
When you’re not using items in your RV, you want them to take up as little room as possible. Using nesting bowls can save ample space for your bowls and lids. Saving space allows more room for storing items on your adventures.
16. Keep Warm or Cool By Using a Vent Insulator
- RV VENT REFLECTIVE INSULATION: Camco’s vent insulator blocks the sun's damaging rays. It helps keep your RV cooler in...
- SAVES ENERGY: This product reduces heat transfer and increases A/C efficiency.
You may like how the vents in your RV can help circulate air, but they can also make it difficult to control the climate. Whether it’s heat in the summer or cold in the winter, your vents leak outside air.
Using a vent insulator can provide an additional barrier between the inside of your RV and the outside elements. They also reduce light from outside and can be a lifesaver if you find yourself camping under a security light.
17. Add Lighting Outside with Motion Sensor Activated Lights
- Cabinet LED Light, Sensor LED light 80lm: the light will light up when you get within 3 meter of it and will go out 15...
- 3 pack Auto motion sensing LED light: 10 pcs bright white LED with super bright, long operating life, energy saving, and...
A motion sensor light can alert you when someone approaches your camper. This can add security to both your RV and campsite. An added benefit is that you can see your RV steps when you get home long after the sun has set.
18. Use Pot and Pan Protectors to Prevent Scratches
- Three Different Size: Perfect set of 12 non-woven pot protectors, 4 pcs of each size, 3 different sizes in total: Large...
- Easy to Use: Perfect protection when storing your pots, pans, skillets, bowls, cookware, bakeware and more. Place pan...
One of the worst feelings is scratching your favorite pot or pan. When you stack your pots and pans in your RV to save space, there’s a chance they’ll scratch each other as you drive. Using these pot and pan protectors can reduce scratches during your travels because they separate the surfaces to minimize friction.
19. Use Command Broom and Mop Holders
- BROOM AND MOP HOLDER: One package includes six adhesive strips and three Command Broom and Mop Grippers that each holds...
- DAMAGE FREE HANGING: Wall mount broom and mop holder works without leaving holes, marks or sticky residue on a variety...
Finding a place to store your broom and mop can be frustrating in such a tiny space. Using Command broom and mop holders lets you hang them on the wall out of the way. Maximizing your space is essential if you’re dealing with a tiny space.
20. Keep Gloves Close in Your Utility Bay with a Magnetic Glove Holder
- Dispenser Holds Standard Size Boxes That Dispense Gloves, Wipes and Tissues
- Attaches To Any Ferrous Surface and Can Also Be Wall Mounted. Four Magnets Hold The Dispenser Firmly In Place
Whether you like it or not, you’ll have to do the dirty job of emptying your tanks at some point. Having gloves in a spot that’s easy to reach can be incredibly helpful. You won’t have to worry about getting gross wastewater on your hands, and you can empty your tanks in a sanitary manner.
Trick Your Trailer with These Travel Trailer Hacks
Part of the fun of RVing is finding ways to be as efficient as possible in your RV. Using some of these hacks can save you time, space, and stress during your adventures. The more you can use your RV, the easier it will be to use your creativity to make RVing easier.
What are some of your favorite travel trailer hacks for making RV life more efficient?
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API