Let’s face it: RVs don’t have a ton of organizational options for storage. You may even have trouble organizing RVs with a ton of cabinet space without additional tools. That’s where these RV storage ideas come in handy.
No matter what you want to organize, there’s a tool for you. Utilize the space in your RV to the best of your ability with these organizational ideas.
Looking for RV Storage Ideas? We’ve Got You Covered
These RV storage ideas will get you thinking about organizing areas of your RV that you might have never thought about before.
From shoes to dishes to toothbrushes and more, check out these handy space-saving hacks.
Over-the-Door Hangers for Clothes, Towels, Bags, and More
- 9 LARGE HOOKS ORGANIZE SCARVES, belts, ties, shirts, jackets, robes, towels, handbags, jewelry, caps, hats, purses, and...
- BEAUTIFUL ORGANIZER RACK FOR THE HOME in bedrooms, bathrooms and laundry rooms
Over-the-door hangers come in handy in an RV. When space comes at a premium, you need to utilize every area that you can. This includes over the doors — closet doors included.
Over-the-door hangers can store belts, ties, towels, bags, clothes, and more. You can even use them for jewelry and cleaning supplies, like mops and brooms.
Wall-Mounted Soap Dispenser for Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash
- Eliminate shower bottle clutter with this convenient dispenser
- Includes-handy storage hooks for razors and accessories
Most RV showers hardly have any space for the essentials. That’s why we love this wall-mounted soap dispenser.
It holds three different liquid soaps, like your favorite shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. As a bonus, it also means you have less prep or cleanup. You can leave them there for the next time you travel.
Staggered Space Saving Clothes Hangers
- Durable Closet Organizer - Made of strong and durable stainless steel that will last for years. Ideal dimensions at:...
- Newly Designed Space Saving Hanger - Each clothing hanger has 6 slots to prevent clothes from slipping and falling, and...
These staggered space-saving clothes hangers seem to make more closet space appear out of thin air. Staggering your clothes prevents items from bulking up on your closet rod so you can fit more clothes into a small space.
This RV storage idea allows you to hang clothes horizontally or vertically. You can even use it to store more items on over-the-door hanging racks.
Closet Hanging Shelves
- 6-shelf hanging closet organizer reinforced with heavy-duty fiberboard and extra-wide hook-and-loop fastener can hold up...
- Including 3 extra removable drawers hiding away the socks and underwear.
If you have space in your closet, adding hanging shelves gives you so much more vertical space. You can use these closet shelves to organize folded clothes, towels, bedding, shoes, and more.
We love that this one comes with optional fabric drawers for stashing smaller items that might fall out. Plus, it folds up flat for when you don’t need it.
Magnetic Spice Rack
- EASY ORGANIZATION - Wall mounted base for hanging magnetic spice containers. Make your kitchen look organized and save...
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO SET UP - These storage containers have a magnetic backing, so they can be placed on your refrigerator,...
Organizing spices can be a nightmare, even in a regular house. This magnetic spice rack frees up counter and cabinet space and makes every spice easily accessible. When you have spices in a cabinet, you often forget the ones in the back.
Plus, getting to them and putting them away can be a hassle, but this spice rack makes it a breeze. It uses small magnetic tins instead of glass jars, making it travel-friendly.
Pantry Organizing Bins
- Functional Organizer Bins — 4 same size storage bins measure 11x 5.5 x 3.5 inches; They fit nicely in your cabinets or...
- 3 Divided Sections — Each bin comes with 2 divided sheets, it will help you to keep the things you need together...
Fitting all your groceries into small RV pantries can pose a challenge. And it’s even more of a headache keeping it all organized.
With these pantry organizing bins, you can group like objects and stand up flatter items that tend to take up the most shelf space.
Use Small Storage Bins for Overhead Cabinet Organization
- Made of premium PP, high quality material make this storage bin no smell and durable
- Size:10.25 inch*7 inch*3.74 inch
Similar to your RV pantry, keeping your overhead RV cabinets organized seems like a never-ending task. Once you get it organized, you need to dig through it for something, and you have to re-organize it all over again.
Small storage bins can help. You can label each bin to know what’s in each or use clear containers to see what you need easily.
Collapsible Food Prep Dishes
- 🥗【 Perfect Colander & Measuring Set】 - Combines 3 collapsible colander and and 8 collapsible measuring cups and...
- 🍓【Precise & Excellent Measurements】 - Great portable measuring set can quickly identify and accurately provide...
Cabinet space comes at a premium in an RV, especially in the kitchen. It seems like there’s never enough room for everything you need.
Use collapsible and nesting items when you can to help save space for those larger items, like a coffee maker. This set takes items that normally take a lot of room and compacts them to fit nicely in limited storage areas.
Use Dish Cradles to Free Up Cabinet Space
- [IDEAL MATCH] 2 sizes sturdy metal plate holder, the best group to organize different sizes of plate, dish and bowl....
- [UPDATE VERTICAL RACK] Made of heavy carbon iron steel, food safe white coated, no installation. Update plate holder...
Another RV storage idea involves not stacking plates flat on their bottoms which takes up a ton of cabinet space. Using a dish cradle helps store your dishes on their sides more efficiently.
This dish cradle can support both plates and bowls so that your dinnerware takes up half the space that it used to. It can also serve as a drying rack.
Keep Your Shoes Organized
- ◆【Easy To Use And Clean】No need to disassemble,with just water and soap, you have yourself a clean Shoe Stacker....
- ◆【Premium Material】Made of high quality and Non slip material with great grip for your shoes sole. Made of a high...
Shoes tend to pile up no matter how hard you try. You can’t smash them or shove them away somewhere.
This shoe slot organizer is a great and versatile option for keeping your shoes out of the way. You can quickly assemble it to fit any space. Plus, you can wash it when it gets dirty from your muddy hiking boots.
Use a Storage Ottoman
- Stable and collapsible: With P2 fiberboard frame, this folding ottoman is sturdy and can hold up to 660 lb; folds into...
- Ample storage space: Large storage space of 120 litres; can be used as a storage box to organize linens, toys, clothes,...
If you need more storage space, consider a storage ottoman. Storage ottomans have double or triple use. They can hold extra bedding and throw pillows or whatever else you need.
They’re also attractive furniture pieces that you can use as extra seating space or throw up your feet after a long day. You may not have thought of this fun and multipurpose RV storage idea.
Roll-Up Sink Racks Save Counter Space
- OVER THE SINK DRYING RACK : 17.8 x 11.8 inch. Suitable for most kitchen sinks and counter. One of the great kitchen...
- HIGH QUALITY : Made of 304 Stainless Steel with durable construction, the collapsible dish drying rack over sink is...
Roll-up sink racks save so much space. These metal bars sit over your sink to serve as a drying rack or additional counter space.
Additionally, you can get one to fit the size of the sink. When you don’t need it, you can roll it up tight and store it.
Use Decorative Baskets for Storing Blankets, Throw Pillows, and More
- XXX Large size: 21.7" x 21.7" x 13.8", which perfect for throw pillows, blankets, Comforter or Cushions
- Versatility: This Extra Extra Extra large cotton storage container can hold toys, games, art/craft supplies, clothes and...
Decorative baskets are pretty and functional. You can use them for storing blankets, throw pillows, books and magazines, craft supplies, and more.
Use different sizes, colors, and shapes to fit your needs and decor. You can add a little style with this RV storage idea.
Cookware Organizers Free Cabinet Space
- Includes 10 adjustable dividers to fit large pans, platters and lids
- Expands 12-22” wide to fit any cabinet
Just like the dish cradle, this cookware organizer helps you free up a lot of extra space. Pots and pans tend to take up a lot of room. Plus, it’s hard to get the one you need when you nest them.
This RV storage idea solves that problem and helps you organize your cabinets. Additionally, you can adjust it to fit the different-sized pots and pans.
Organize Toiletries and Toothbrushes
- Large Capacity: 9 ordinary toothbrushes or 6 electric toothbrushes can be hung on the shower walls, and 4 storage...
- Easy Install: no drill, no tools, wall-mounted easy installation does not hurt the wall surface, please clean the...
This wall-mounted toiletry organizer keeps your toothbrushes covered and off the counters. It has handy spots for storing other items like toothpaste, razors, face wash, brushes, and more.
This RV storage idea can attach to different surfaces in your rig. You can have everything you need ready to go without sifting through your toiletry bag.
The Key to Organization Is Separation
Honestly, the biggest key to keeping stuff organized is keeping it separated. When things are all grouped in an orderly fashion, you can easily access everything you need. Plus, it can make it feel like you have your life together.
Shelves, pockets, racks, and organizers go a long way in helping you make your RV feel like an organized home. We recommend trying anything from this list or making DIY organizers. These RV storage ideas may make your life so much easier.
Last update on 2021-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API