It's not a secret, RV mattresses are awful. I'm pretty sure all of the RV manufacturers got together and said
We slept on the mattress that came in our rig for two nights and could barely walk after the weekend. The first thing we did was switch that sad excuse of a bed out with our house mattress. Unfortunately, this caused us problems as well. Our issue was that the bedroom slide in our RV is 72 inches wide and a regular king mattress is 76 inches wide. We crammed it in there anyway and slept like that for a year.
At first, it wasn't so bad. Slept just fine for a few months, but then that four inch difference started taking a toll on the bed. The sides were being pushed in which then created a dip in the middle that Jason, our dog, and I would roll into every night. We tolerated this insanity until Wilderness RV Mattress reached out and offered us a free mattress. We scoped out their website, did some research on the company, read a ton of reviews, and happily accepted their offer!
We received the Montana Hybrid in an RV king size in less than 7 business days! We can't say enough good things about this mattress! It's a plush pillow-top, but not so plush that you feel like you're peeling yourself out of a marshmallow every time you move. I was getting really bad lower back pain from sleeping in a dip for so long but after one full week on the Montana Hybrid, my pain completely went away. Below are all of the pros and cons that we've found after using this bed for a couple of months.
Benefits & Features:
- It's extremely comfortable. We're sleeping for longer periods of time and waking up less throughout the night.
- We've been dealing with warm nights and humidity and the mattress doesn't get hot.
- Wilderness RV Mattress offers four different types of mattresses in over 10 different sizes so you're bound to find what you need for your RV.
- Every mattress had a 10-year warranty and
100% satisfaction guarantee.
- They offer free and fast shipping on every order.
- Every mattress is made WITHOUT ozone depleters, mercury, lead
,and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (‘Tris”) flame retardants.
- Can be expensive if not purchased on sale.
The packageis 100 pounds so you need at least two people to move it.
- Don't get to try before you buy (although they have a 100-night trial period).
If you're ready to snag a bed from Wilderness RV Mattress, use this coupon code for 5% off your purchase: “