The Viair 450P is hands down the best RV tire air compressor on the market. It will be the last RV tire air compressor that you will ever buy. Buy one for yourself before its too late.
In week 9 of our journey, we attempted to top off the air in our trailer tires to the 110 PSI they required (it was at 103 PSI). The tire air pump at the commercial gas station turned out to not be up to the job though and we lost more air then we put in and ended up with 85 PSI in the tire. That is when we learned that the average gas station tire air pumps are only ratesd to around 80-90 PSI. Luckily for us, there was a commercial tire only 2 blocks away with room to maneuver our fifth wheel close enough to their air compressor. We lucked out that day but that is when I began researching to find the best portable RV tire inflator. I didn’t want to feel helpless like that again over such an easy problem.
It didn’t take long to discover that the Viair 450P-RV was the compressor I wanted. We had always owned the cheap air compressors from Walmart before and that wasn’t what I wanted now. Cheap plastic devices that plugged into a cigarette lighter, took forever to fill up the tire, and over-heated easily. The 450P-RV was none of that.
It has an automatic shutoff feature and gas station style air gun attachment with a gauge that allows you to easily top off all your tires without overheating the RV tire air compressor. Did I mention that it has a max pressure of 150 PSI? It will easily handle any tire I need to fill now or in the future. It only had one problem, the cost. We were used to spending $50 on crappy Walmart tire inflators so we were not able to ignore the difference in cost for a 12-volt heavy duty air compressor like the Viair 450P-RV.
We finally made the smart move and purchased the Viair 450P-RV after Rae spent the better part of two hours driving around southern Louisiana attempting to find a working gas station tire air pump. The piece of mind the RV tire air compressor has given us is worth way more than the cost of the compressor. The time we save topping off the tires is nothing to scoff at either.
- 12 VOLT - 150PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use
- 1.80CFM Free Flow at 0 PSI
- Powered direct to the RV or car 12v battery with alligator clamps
- Comes with a tire inflation gun and gauge, build in pressure switch, air hose, RV accessories and a carrying case
- Great for adjusting tire pressure on RVs and trailers
Benefits & Features:
- Automatic shut-off function
- Max. Working Pressure: 150 PSI
- 100% duty cycle
- 30ft Primary & 30ft Extension Air Hoses with Quick Connect Coupling
- 45-Degree Extended Reach Chuck (For Dual Rear Wheels), 90-Degree Twist-On Chuck, and 3 pc. Inflation Tips Kit
- Heavy Duty Deluxe Carry Bag
- Heavy Duty Battery Clamps with 8 ft Power Cord and Inline Fuse
Last update on 2019-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API