It only took one week in Louisiana to cause us to start looking into the best RV dehumidifier. We never needed one in Los Angeles’s dry desert heat. As we moved throughout the winter and started to experience humidity inside the RV (from cooking/showers, etc), we would turn on the roof fan and open the windows. What do you do when it is too cold to run the AC and it is 80% humidity outside?!
Initially, we purchased two Damp-Rid buckets from Lowes but the didn’t make the humidity level budge. We then purchased an Eva-Dry E-500 silica renewable. They work great but didn’t cut it with the size of our RV or the humidity levels we were seeing. It was moved to our basement and works great down there.
Finally, we purchased the Eva-Dry EDV2200, a mid-sized capacity, electric dehumidifier. The Eva-Dry 2200 has been great at keeping the perfect humidity in the rig regardless of the humidity outside. The water reservoir will fill up quicker or slower depending on the humidity and temperature but no need to worry about overflow as it has a built-in “tank-full” shut off switch. It was easily able to reduce the humidity inside to 61% after 24 hours while it was 85% humidity outside. This dehumidifier is not “RV” specific but is the perfect size to fit on a counter.
Benefits and Features
- Up to 2,200 cubic feet
- Dry the home via thermal electric Peltier technology
- Gathering approximately 20.5 oz. of water per day at 86° F and 80% R.H.
- Normal AC adapter with power consumption of 72W,
- 2 Liter capacity removable water tank
- Automatic water level detector switch to indicate tank is full and turn off
- Can buy a 12V DC 6AMP power adapter
- The unit measures 8 ½”W x 14″H x 6 ¾”D
- Size? It’s not huge and fits on the counter but we would have liked something a little shorter
- Not loud but has constant fan noise
- Peltier Technology
- Small enough to be placed out of sight
- Auto shut off when to capacity
- Low energy consumption
- Kindly refer the user manual given below for troubleshooting steps.
Last update on 2019-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API