Name: Thousand Trails Lake Medina
Address: 215 Spettle Road, Lakehills, TX 78063
Cost: Free with membership
Membership: Thousand Trails
Thousand Trails Lake Medina is nestled in the backcountry of Texas; located only 50 miles northeast from the hustle and bustle of San Antonio. We do have to admit this is one of the older looking parks in the Thousand Trails system, but if you’re looking for solitude and a relaxing summer vacation, this is probably the spot for you. We were at this location for three weeks in December visiting family for the holidays. It was very quiet and most of our neighbors were annual site holders. The sites are spacious and the property is huge! We spent our mornings walking the property with Carmen and spotting local wildlife.
Speaking of wildlife, this campground is home to tons of deer. They are quite familiar with humans and love it when you treat them to some corn. You can buy bags of corn from the front office if you’re interested in having your campground loaded with deer. We had our little niece and nephew come for the day to feed the deer and everyone had an absolute blast!
Benefit & Features:
- Quiet camping
- Number of sites: 387
- Common amenities: pool, spa, dog park, activity center, mini golf, laundry
- All of the deer!
- This is a Thousand Trails resort so it’s free with your membership
- Propane station on-site
- Under construction so occasional power issues when we were there
- Outdated facilities
- Lake water level can be low
- The cell service here is pretty bad, with some parts of the parking having no service at all. Make sure to snag a spot by the lake to get better reception.