Table of Contents Show
- All Campers Need a Couple Accessories
- 20 Pop Up Camper Accessories You Won’t Want to Live Without
- 1. Outdoor Grill
- 2. Surge Protector
- 3. Camp Table
- 4. Exterior Lights
- 5. Generator Mount
- 6. Camp Stove
- 7. Outdoor Shower
- 8. Pop-Up Awning
- 9. Water Purifier
- 10. Solar Charger
- 11. Long Water Hose
- 12. Patio Rug
- 13. Sink Cover
- 14. Outdoor Speakers
- 15. Wheel Chocks
- 16. Outdoor Heater
- 17. Portable Air Conditioner
- 18. Mattress Topper
- 19. Handheld Vacuum
- 20. Camp Chairs
- Make Your Pop Up Camper Comfortable
Bigger isn’t always better when it comes to campers. There’s something special about the simpleness of a pop up camper. Many people overlook this option when shopping for a trailer, but with some pop up camper accessories, you can make memories with your friends and family and still camp comfortably. Let’s look at some items you can add to your camping gear.
All Campers Need a Couple Accessories
The more you go camping, the more you’ll realize how accessories can enhance your experience. Some can make you more comfortable, and others can save you time. You can also find some to enhance your camping style. No matter what type of camping you do, additional tools and supplies can make it more enjoyable.
20 Pop Up Camper Accessories You Won’t Want to Live Without
We’ve compiled a list of 20 pop up camper accessories we think you’ll love and use. Pop up campers have limited storage space, but these items are worth storing. Let’s get started and see what you should add to your shopping cart.
1. Outdoor Grill
- ✅ TRULY COMPACT AND PORTABLE GAS GRILL TO TAKE ON-THE-GO - Weighing ONLY 12 pounds, the nomadiQ grills are easy to...
- ✅ 226 SQUARE INCH CERAMIC COATED NON-STICK GRATES - Boasting a huge cooking area, this portable propane grill has...
The NomadiQ portable propane grill can compact for portability. It’s a great solution when camping and you don’t want to depend on a fire to make your dinner.
Instead of spending 15 to 20 minutes getting a fire started and ready to cook over, you have a place to grill up dinner in under a minute. With two separate cooking spaces, you’ll have plenty of room to make your meals and show off your BBQ skills at the campsite.
2. Surge Protector
- PEACE OF MIND - UL Certified and Canadian Approved to give you confidence in its performance and safety
- SURGE PROTECTION - 3-Mode / 825J / 22,500A. Ratings: 30A / 120V / 3,600W. Operating Temperatures: minus 40C to plus 105C
You want to protect your sensitive electronics in your home and your pop up camper. The Progressive Industries 30 amp surge protector keeps your appliances safe from miswired pedestals and power surges. This weather-resistant surge protector works great for outdoor use.
You won’t have to worry about your refrigerator, air conditioner, or other sensitive electronics getting damaged from current spikes while camping. You can’t always trust a campground’s power pedestal, but with this surge protector, you can stop worrying. It also includes a lifetime warranty.
3. Camp Table
- 【2 Heights】 This 4ft folding table open size is L48"xW24", heights are 22" in low and 27" in high with the...
- 【Easy to Setup】 Install the folding camp table easily within several seconds. Quick to fold out and take with the...
A folding table can maximize your outdoor space while camping. The Redcamp Aluminum table has adjustable heights and folds up for storage. You can use it outside for meals, playing games, or holding your s’more making supplies.
This table extends to 4 ft long and weighs 11.5 lbs. However, you can also choose from five other sizes. This light, compact, and sturdy table can make a great addition to your pop up camper supplies.
4. Exterior Lights
- BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE 2000 mAh LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. With 100 lumens across an 18 ft cord, mobile charging, and lasting...
- BRIGHT AND LONG LASTING. Emitting 100 lumens of power via 20 warm white LEDs across an 18 ft cord, this light provides...
Your campfire might not provide enough light when the sun goes down. A good set of exterior lights can help you avoid tripping over logs and other hazards. A set of string lights is great, especially if you have a couple of trees in your campsite to string them across.
This set of MPOWERED Luci Lights comes with a 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery. You can charge them with solar or a USB, and they’ll provide up to 20 hours of light on a single charge. So it doesn’t matter whether you boondock or you don’t want an extension cord cutting through the middle of your campsite.
5. Generator Mount
- TRANSFORM YOUR RV BUMPER: Easily turn your 4" or 4 1/2" square RV bumper into a hitch receiver without drilling or...
- GREAT FOR LIGHTWEIGHT APPLICATIONS: Ideal for bike and cargo racks, this 2" hitch receiver is designed to handle...
Many RVers love to bring a generator with them, especially those who want to camp outside an organized campground. A bumper hitch allows you to attach a cargo rack to mount your generator.
This Camco RV Bumper Hitch tightens around a standard 4” bumper. By tightening the four bolts, you can quickly install this mount without drilling into your bumper and remove it when you no longer need it.
6. Camp Stove
- Includes 3 ft. hose and regulator
- Includes detachable steel legs and 3-sided wind screen
A portable camp stove can make a great addition to your camping gear. You have minimal space in a pop up camper, making it challenging to prepare meals. Having a camp stove lets you take the bulk of your meal prep outside. This helps keep the heat and smells from cooking out of your RV.
The Camp Chef Explorer two-burner stove has detachable legs for storage and a 3 ft hose and regulator for propane. It also has appliance-style temperature controls and cast-aluminum burners. Many campers love how this camp stove allows them to not miss out on the action by preparing meals outside.
7. Outdoor Shower
- A REVOLUTION IN CAMP CLEANLINESS - Unlike gravity camp showers that need to be hung overhead and produce dismal water...
- PUMP IT UP - You can quickly and easily pressurize the 2.9-gallon tank with a foot pump – and with occasional pumps...
Depending on your camping style, an outdoor shower can serve as another great addition to your pop up camper accessories. This portable shower lets you wash away the dirt and grime from a day of camping adventures.
While some campgrounds will have shower facilities, you may not always use your pop up camper in a campground. The Nemo Helio uses pressure instead of gravity for strong water flow, so you don’t have to hang it up. It has a 2.9-gallon tank. This outdoor shower allows you to enjoy being in nature without smelling like it.
8. Pop-Up Awning
- 【Large Sun Shade】This teardrop car awning can be installed easily on any side of your vehicle to get different sun...
- 【Durable and Stable】Made from rip-stop 210T polyester fabric, with a waterproof rating of 3000 MM, last a long time...
Sometimes mother nature doesn’t care whether you’re camping or not. A pop-up awning can protect you from intense sun or drizzling rain. The Versatility Teardrop awning can attach to practically any vehicle, and you can adjust the height.
The awning expands large enough to cover a table, chairs, and coolers or create a covered place for kids and pets to play. You can enjoy being in nature and stop letting the weather force you inside your RV.
Pro Tip: Up your awning game even further by adding RV awning lights. Here are The Best RV Awning Lights!
9. Water Purifier
- SAFE WATER MATTERS: Say goodbye to unpleasant tastes, odor, chlorine, sediment, and more. This RV water filter system...
- 20-MICRON, IN LINE FILTER: A 20-micron internal sediment filter protects against silt, sediment, etc. that may have...
Camco has many great products, and the Taste Pure Water Filter is an important one to have! You never know what’s in the water. You want to remove bacteria, sediment, foul smells, and sour tastes. It’s also important to keep these out of your RV’s water system because they can damage your water pump and other sensitive components in your plumbing.
Whether you plan to consume water from your camper’s water system or not, you should still use a water filter. These will typically last a camping season for those who enjoy recreational camping. However, if you travel full-time and regularly use your water filter, you’ll likely want to replace it every two or three months.
10. Solar Charger
- EASY SETUP & KICKSTAND INCLUDED: The Solar Saga 100 features 2 kickstands that can be placed firmly on any surface...
- HIGHER ENERGY CONVERSION RATE: Covered by monocrystalline silicon solar cells, the solar panel adopts multi-layered cell...
A solar charger can keep electronics charged while doing some off-grid camping. This foldable solar panel will keep your Jackery battery pack full and ready to power your devices.
This lightweight and portable solar panel allows you to easily reposition it as the sun moves. Pair this with a Jackery power station, and you’ll have everything you need to power your electronics and keep them charged. You’ll love finding new and exciting places to take your RV and still have access to power.
Pro Tip: Looking for something even smaller than a pop up trailer? Something you can tow with just a motorcycle? Check out the 7 Best Motorcycle Camper Trailers for road trippin’!
11. Long Water Hose
- Drinking Water Safe: Made of NSF certified hose; won't impart a strong plastic taste to the water
- Heavy-Duty Hose: Is 20% thicker than our standard hoses and features a no-kink design
A drinking water hose for your camper may look like a standard garden hose. But this hose uses materials that make it safe for drinking. You won’t have to worry about consuming toxins or other harmful chemicals.
You’ll want to have a long hose because you never know where your water source will be at a campground. The campground may have placed the water spigot in a difficult spot. This hose is 35 ft long with an anti-kink design and will provide you with plenty of length for almost any campsite.
12. Patio Rug
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】 - Made from high quality recycled plastic and be woven tightly, our outdoor rugs are...
- 【DURABLE PLASTIC RUGS】 - These colorful eco-friendly plastic rugs are stain/weather resistant to withstand outside...
A patio rug is a great way to create a comfortable environment at your campsite. It allows you to take your shoes off outside and minimize the amount of dirt that gets into your camper.
This 5×7 patio rug resists stains too. Plus, you can reverse it, so you’ll have a couple of options to choose from each time you set up camp. Additionally, you can easily clean and store them, making them a great pop up camper accessory.
13. Sink Cover
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Our Sink Drying Rack Are Made Of Stainless Steel And FDA-Grade Silicone. BPA Free, Non-Slip, Glassware...
- SUITABLE & ADJUSTABLE SIZE - 17(L) by 13(W) Inches. Roll Up Sink Rack Can Be Adjusted To A Smaller Size. This Small...
A sink cover provides extra counter space and a great spot to dry dishes. The water will drip down into the sink and into your gray water tank. Covering up your sink can turn the space into more room for meal prep.
This compact sink cover rolls up for storage. When you need to access the sink, it won’t take up a lot of space around your camper. It has soft silicone covers on the ends for better grip, and you can easily clean it.
14. Outdoor Speakers
Some people love sitting around the fire and listening to their favorite playlist. You don’t want to play it loud for your neighbors to hear, so these portable Bluetooth speakers allow you to sit them near you and enjoy your music. Their Tiki torch look helps them fit right in at your campsite.
The TikiTunes portable speakers come in a set with a 2000 mAh battery. You can use them with iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. So no matter what type of device you have, it should sync relatively easily with this speaker.
15. Wheel Chocks
- Approximate size: 8 inch length x 4 inch width x 5 inch height
- Features all weather construction and a rubber traction pad that make them the perfect choice to keep your vehicle or...
It’s essential to chock your wheels when you park your camper. A failure to do so could result in your trailer rolling away once you unhitch from your tow vehicle. Simply placing one of these wheel chocks on each side of your tires will keep it in place.
These relatively inexpensive RVing accessories can save you from an expensive insurance claim. You don’t want your camper to get damaged or cause damage to someone else’s RV. This is one crucial pop up camper accessory to add to your cart.
16. Outdoor Heater
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR FOR...
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system...
You may want a space heater if you camp in late fall or early spring. The canvas sides of a pop-up camper won’t do a great job insulating your interior from the cold temperatures. Having a Mr. Heater allows you to warm your camper with propane safely. It puts off a lot of heat for its size. It comes with low-oxygen sensors that will automatically shut off if it tips over or detects high propane levels.
Pro Tip: Check out these heated camping chairs that will keep your tush toasty!
17. Portable Air Conditioner
- Portable AC: Use this personal air conditioner (15.3” x 14” x 24.8") in rooms up to 450 sq. ft. Stay cool in the hot...
- 3-in-1: 3-in-1: Our 5800 BTU DOE (10000 BTU ASHRAE 128) air conditioner also functions as a dehumidifier & fan. This...
On the other end of the spectrum, you may want a portable air conditioner if you plan to camp during the summer. This portable air conditioner from Black & Decker is incredibly quiet, and at 6,000 BTUs, it can keep you and your fellow campers cool inside your pop up camper.
It has an adjustable fan to cool the air down to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. You can easily use this simple and energy-efficient unit. The quiet hum of the unit cooling the air likely won’t keep you awake at night either.
18. Mattress Topper
- PRESSURE RELIEVING MEMORY FOAM: Plush gel infused memory foam conforms to your curves for personalized comfort that hugs...
- COOLING GEL INFUSIONS: This topper is infused with a cooling gel that helps capture and distribute heat to keep you cool...
Even if you spent a lot on your camper, you likely wouldn’t brag about the mattress that came with it. These notoriously uncomfortable beds will leave you waking up feeling like you slept on a rock.
Linenspa makes an RV-queen gel-infused 3” thick mattress topper. It provides support and comfort and uses gel beads to dissipate heat and keep you cool at night. This is an affordable way to bring life back into an old or low-quality mattress.
19. Handheld Vacuum
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Dual filter system captures debris and provides maximum vacuum performance
No matter how hard you try, you’ll end up with dirt inside your camper. If you swept every time you saw dirt in your RV, you’d never stop. But a handheld vacuum can come in handy.
This Ryobi cordless vacuum sucks up dirt and debris from your floors and other surfaces with ease. It can also use the same batteries you use on any Ryobi power tools you might carry with you. The batteries charge incredibly fast and last longer than you’d expect.
20. Camp Chairs
- Portable And Easy To Store-No Assembly Required
- Durable, Stain Resistant-375 lb Weight Capacity
It’s hard to beat the memories you can make while sitting around a campfire at the end of the day. You don’t want your camping memories to include how awful your camping chair was. You often get what you pay for when it comes to camping chairs. So spend the money on a high-quality chair from the start and enjoy sitting around the campfire.
You may end up buying new camping chairs each season if you go with cheaper models. This Puff Club folding chair feels like sitting on a cloud. It can support 375 lbs and folds up into a carrying case.
Make Your Pop Up Camper Comfortable
You don’t have to have a massive RV for comfortable camping. Having a pop up camper is a great way to experience nature and make memories with your friends and family.
We think the accessories we’ve shared with you will add comfort, save you time, and give you a reason to take your camper out more often. Whether for cleaning, comfort, sleeping, or cooking, you can find a tool to enhance your trips in the great outdoors.
What’s your favorite pop up camper accessory you use?
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API