It's that time again for our monthly income report! We had a role reversal this month with our travel brand bringing in the big bucks and Amazon taking a back seat. We had a really strong start with video creation this month but that slowly dwindled since the weather wasn't on our side. It's really hard to film videos when it's pouring! The rain makes difficult to even film inside because it's so loud, and we don't think that will make good content lol. Luckily, rainy days making writing for the blog easier so we were able to create a small backlog there. With that, let's take a look at how this month went.
We live in our RV, a 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES, full-time and travel around North America. We currently move every week (about 200 miles at a time) as we explore this beautiful country we call home. Below are some of the details of our travels in May:
- 578 Moving Day Miles
- 12 Moving Day Driving Hours
- 4 Campgrounds:
- Skidaway Island State Park Campground
- Charleston KOA Holiday
- Bass Lake Campground
- Twin Lakes RV & Camping Resort
- 3 States:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- We had our second video ever hit over 100K views (in 3 weeks!).
- Youtube 5K, 6K, 7K subscribers milestones.
- Began weekly mailing list.
- First month hitting over $1000 in ad revenue.
- Created a 3-week backlog of blog content.
We created a backlog of videos early in the month and then didn’t keep up our momentum. We are now back to scrambling during the week to get videos done. We also let our Instagram backlog slide. We missed our opportunity and didn’t take any pictures in Charleston, SC (booo, hiss). Our Amazon FBA has been down this month as well and we haven’t been focusing on it enough to get it back up.
Getaway Couple Travel Brand
This is a round-up of all income earned from our travel brand. This includes our blog, YouTube channel, and social media accounts.
- Amazon Affiliate Total Earnings $220.98
- YouTube Ad Revenue: $1028.23
- Other Affiliate Earnings: $52.23
- Sponsorships: $0.00*
- We did receive $804.00 worth of product to review though
- Total Profit: $1301.44
We use CoSchedule to keep up with our Social Media posts. It has been a life-saver for us and freed up so much time. We have been heavily relying on its Editorial Calendar functionality to organize and schedule our content. The social media campaign templates allow us to quickly ensure we post on all of our social media platforms.
- Facebook Posts: 60
- Facebook Followers: 535
- Facebook Impressions: 8.1K
- Instagram Posts: 22
- Instagram Stories: 45
- Instagram Followers: 12.2K
- Twitter Posts: 70
- Twitter Impressions: 12.9K
- Twitter Followers: 233
- Pinterest Pins: 136
- Pinterest Impressions: 195K
- Pinterest Followers: 123
If you are interested in starting a blog then start now! We ran Getaway Couple for two years before we hit the road discussing weekend getaways from Los Angeles.
- Blog Articles Published: 9
- Blog Pageviews: 7364
- Mailing List Subscribers: 179
- E-mails Delivered: 529
- E-mails Opened: 38.19%
- E-mails Clicked: 24.26%
- YouTube Subscribers: 7192
- YouTube Videos Published: 11
- YouTube Impressions: 2.7M
- YouTube click-through rate: 3.8%
- YouTube Views: 197.7K
- YouTube Watch Time: 1.1M
- Orders: $344.90
- Units Shipped: 10
- Total Profit: $1646.34
Overall, not a bad month! We hit some major milestones with our travel brand and already have some exciting things lined up for June. We want to take some time to focus on Amazon again this month too. We're traveling out of the country for a week for my birthday! We're excited to have some down time but know we will still end up working a bit.
We made $1646.34 extra income this month. How much extra did you make?