This month our affiliate earnings are down even though it is December. We have not been focusing on the blog and I suspect that as the main source of affiliate sales.
We also put out less videos in November which accounted for less YouTube ad revenue. We did have a great month with sponsorships which attributed to the larger income this month. We are still trying to diversify and move away from being so sponsor heavy on our income.
Getaway Couple Travel Brand
This is a round-up of all income earned from our travel brand. This includes our blog, YouTube channel, and social media accounts.
- YouTube Ad Revenue: $668.12
- Amazon Affiliate Revenue: $130.31
- Other Affiliate Earnings: $408.93
- Sponsorships: $3,100.00
- Printable Revenue: $234.83
- Total Travel Brand Profit: $4,542.19
If you are interested in starting a blog then start now! We ran Getaway Couple for two years before we hit the road discussing all the weekend getaways from Los Angeles that we took. One of the articles we published back then is still one of our top articles!
- Blog Articles Published: 0
- Blog Pageviews: 6,687
- Mailing List Subscriber Growth: 2.73%
- E-mails Delivered: 0
- E-mails Opened: 0
- E-mails Clicked: 0
- YouTube Subscriber Growth Rate: 3.55%
- YouTube Videos Published: 5
- YouTube Impressions: 1,631,013
- YouTube click-through rate: 2.60%
- YouTube Views: 42,119
- YouTube Watch Time: 241,615
We use CoSchedule to keep up with our Social Media posts. It has been a life-saver for us! We have been heavily relying on its Editorial Calendar functionality to organize and schedule our content for our blog and YouTube. The social media campaign templates allow us to quickly ensure we post our new content on all of our social media platforms. It has quickly become a necessity for us to run our business!
- Facebook Posts: 8
- Facebook Follower Growth Rate: 7.34%
- Facebook Engagement Rate: 3.63%
- Instagram Posts: 5
- Instagram Stories: 79
- Instagram Follower Growth Rate: 1.05%
- Instagram Engagement Rate: 4.95%
- Twitter Posts: 13
- Twitter Follower Growth Rate: 0.26%
- Twitter Engagement Rate: 0.08%
- Pinterest Pins: 9
- Pinterest Engagement Rate: 15.50%
- Pinterest Follower Growth Rate: 6.71%
Physical E-commerce Products
We sell a product on our own website and on Amazon.com via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Last year we grossed just under $100K with $64K pure PROFIT)! We have not been focused on the product this year because we have been focusing on the travel brand so only have residual sales from our website but Amazon FBA is still an AMAZING way to make some money and not have to deal with storing or shipping a product (except to Amazon warehouses). Amazon handles all the customer service for you AND you get the prime logo on your product while just sitting back and waiting for your check.
The best part is that you don't even need to create your own product! You can do “retail arbitrage” which is buying something and selling it for more. It is really that simple. We will definitely be coming around to FBA again even if it is just for retail arbitrage because there is some easy money to be made. If you are interested in learning more about retail arbitrage I recommend checking out The Selling Family's free 7-day e-mail course on everything you need to sell on Amazon.
- Orders: $1,307.97
- Units Shipped: 23
This total is the sum of income from both our travel brand and our physical product sales.
- Total Profit: $5,850.16
- Total Profit Growth Rate: 35.15%
We made $5,850.16 extra income this month. How much extra did you make?