Table of Contents Show
- Where Should My Dog Sleep When Camping?
- What Beds Do Dogs Like Best?
- The Best Dog Camping Beds You Pet Will Love
- Keep Fido Comfy With a Dog Camping Bed
Was there ever a time when we didn’t go camping with our dogs in tow? It seems like the activity was just made for our favorite canines to enjoy along with us. Well, these days, you don’t often see RVers without at least one pet along for the ride. So finding the perfect dog camping bed for your furry friend adds to their enjoyment and comfort on your RV adventures.
And any good dog parent knows that lavishing our pooches with every amenity is what we do best. Let’s see what kind of camping beds will keep Fido happy.
Where Should My Dog Sleep When Camping?
Deciding the house rules for your pet is an individual choice. You may consider questions such as “will they be allowed on the furniture?” and “can they sleep on your bed?” Even when camping, these decisions carry over.
So many travelers choose RVing because they can bring their dog, cat, bird, or pig along on family trips. But meeting everyone’s needs becomes challenging in a small RV. You’d best start planning before you hit the road. The biggest space stealer for dogs is creating a comfortable place to sleep.
If your dog sleeps on your bed, you may have already solved your problem. But if not, they’ll need a cozy camping dog bed instead of the hard floor. Dogs can get dirty when camping. You may just want a separate space for them to call home.
What Beds Do Dogs Like Best?
Most dogs just want someplace easy on their bones to hang out, catch a nap, and bark at passersby. A camping dog bed that you can easily move outdoors works well. You’ll likely want a machine-washable one, as well.
And one with plenty of padding helps our older dogs handle the aches and pains of getting out of bed. Some prefer a gel foam mattress, while others want an elevated position that allows them to stay cool, especially outside. And, of course, any bed needs to be close to you, no matter how it’s constructed.
The Best Dog Camping Beds You Pet Will Love
Man’s best friend deserves some comforts in life, and a great camping bed made just for them is one of them. We’ve selected 11 dog camping beds, all pooch-approved.
1. Coolaroo Cooling Elevated Pet Bed
This elevated dog bed is designed mainly for outdoor use. It keeps your pup cool by allowing air to flow under and over the bed. It has a lightweight powder-coated steel frame and a water-resistant polyethylene fabric. You can easily hose it off for cleaning. The Coolaroo comes in small, medium, and large and many colors. This camping dog bed costs $25 to $27.
- Fabric is made out of a heavy duty breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that promotes and increases air...
- Off-the-ground design helps to eliminate hot spots and fabric flexibility creates low-impact areas to relieve joint...
2. Portable Elevated Dog Bed for Large Dogs
Give your dog his own army cot with the Maxpama elevated dog bed. Sitting 10 inches off the ground, this large bed measures 47 inches long by 24 inches wide. It also folds down into a stuff sack for easy packing. It has water-resistant oxford cloth, and the supports have non-skid feet made of PVC. Additionally, the mesh center allows air to pass through, keeping your pet cool. This large bed costs $48.
4. Furhaven Outdoor Pet Bed
For a comfy, quilted dog bed, try theFurhaven outdoor bed. The large dog mat measures 39 by 27 inches with a quilted polyester batting. The small bed is 32 by 26 inches. You can also machine wash these outdoor-rated beds. The large one costs $25, and the small bed costs $22.
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The open design of the travel mat gives both dogs and cats plenty of room to sleep in a variety of...
- SLEEP SURFACE: The foldable travel mat features smooth fabric that is gentle on noses and paws, with high-loft polyester...
5. Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed
The Chuckit! Travel Dog Bed, measuring 39 by 30 inches, is another outdoor mat that will give your pooch a soft spot to lay. It has a poly-suede top with a rip-stop bottom and comes in one color scheme. You can machine wash it, and it rolls into a stuff sack, making a pillow. You can use it inside and outside your RV. This camping dog bed costs $27.
Pro Tip: Looking for more dog camping gear you’ll actually use and love? Check out our favorite Dog Camping Gear!
- Portable Pet Bed: This travel dog bed has a double offset soft to touch quilted quality construction; Measuring 30 x 39...
- Travel Ready: A must have with your best friend on the go, this outdoor bed fits most dogs and is perfect for camping,...
6. Elevated Pet Cot with Canopy
This elevated bed with a canopy is quite the luxury for dogs that like a little shade while hanging around outside. It sits 9 inches off the ground and measures 48 inches long by 36 inches wide. The cot has oxford cloth and mesh, with a sturdy steel frame. It also has extra supports in the middle. The rip-stop nylon canopy attaches to the frame. This camping dog bed can support pets weighing up to 120 pounds and costs $60.
- A LUXURIOUS ACCESSORY FOR FURRY KINGS & QUEENS! What kitten or doggy doesn’t just love to relax and enjoy the outside...
- STURDY & DURABLE DESIGN! Made of sturdy, durable 1680D Oxford fabric and steel frame, which mean that, this exquisite...
7. Portable Elevated Dog Bed
This collapsible elevated dog bed looks like a stylish mid-century chair that will make your dog feel like part of the hip crowd. The large bed measures 36 inches by 36 inches and stands 12 inches off the ground. The steel frame supports 100-pound pets. Additionally, it has a topper made of PVC oxford cloth with polyester wadding, and the whole bed folds down into a carrying bag. The large-sized bed costs $50, while the medium size is $40.
- COLLAPSIBLE ROLL UP TRAVEL PET BEDS: Portable elevated pet bed available in large 36” x 36” x 12” or medium 28”...
- ELEVATED LOUNGER BED FOR DOG & CAT: The ultimate portable dog beds for camping & traveling with your pet companion by...
8. AMOFY Pet Mats
Think of this as a thick yoga mat for dogs. The large polyester and cotton mat measures 46 inches long by 26 inches wide and rolls up into a stuff sack for easy portability. You can machine wash it and use it indoors or outdoors. This dog camping bed comes in a medium-size, costing $32, and a large for $36.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: AMOFY dog pet mat is made of soft polyester material with refined stitching. Our dog pet mat...
- EXCEPTIONALLY HIGHLY HYGIENIC, NON-SLIP, WATER RESISTANT: The front side is waterproof and washable fabric, which has...
9. Pet Sleeping Bag
You can’t go camping without a sleeping bag and don’t forget to grab one for the dog. The Omnicore pet sleeping bag has a zippered top for dogs who like to feel cozy and covered. It has diamond rip-stop and hollow fiberfill and is water-resistant. It comes in three sizes and three colors. The large measures 40 by 30 by 12 inches for $90.
- ULTRA DURABLE & WEATHER RESISTANT: 75-denier diamond ripstop shell keeps your pets dry while the silk touch lining and...
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: this pet sleeping bag is made for dogs and cats, small to large, to enjoy in and outside of the house...
10. Cozy Cot Pet Bed
The fold-up design makes this elevated pet bed easily portable. It resembles a small satellite dish, and its nickname is The Saucer. But your pup might enjoy his own seat to slouch in. The Cozy Cot comes in 19-inch, 24-inch, or 30-inch diameters. The largest bed can hold pets of 60 lbs or less and has a washable cover. You can choose solid color or camo to match your other camo camping gear. Small, medium, and large prices are $50, $53, and $68.
- FOLDING PET CHAIR: Raised dog bed helps pets stay cool in warm spring and summer months
- PET SAUCER CHAIR: Elevated dog bed frame collapses for easy storage making this the perfect portable camping pet bed and...
11. Pet Cot with Removable Bolsters
You can get an elevated bed with a twist when ordering the Original Bolster Bed. It measures 42 by 30 by 7 inches with a metal frame that holds up to 200 lbs. This dog camping bed also has padded bolsters around three sides, giving your pet a feeling of enclosure. You can remove the bolsters, but even with them on the bed still allows air to flow under it by its raised profile. It comes in three sizes and two colors. The large cot costs $76.
Keep in Mind: Do you have a Jeep and a dog? Then you need these 7 Jeep Dog Accessories Your Pet Will Love!
- BOLSTERED OUTDOOR DOG BED: Dog cot made of waterproof, heavy-denier fabric with fluffy plush bolster for ultimate pet...
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 200 pounds, dog bed is durable and...
Keep Fido Comfy With a Dog Camping Bed
Taking your dog along on a camping excursion makes the trip more enjoyable. And in doing so, ensure that each member is comfortable, including your fur baby. People camp in many ways, and every dog has different needs. Selecting the dog camping bed right for them will give you a cool, secure, and happy pup around the campfire and in the RV.
You may want an easily washable mat or elevated bed to keep dirt and bugs off. Or you might want one with an attachable shade to keep your dog out of the sun. Additionally, some take up more space than others and have different weights. Consider these things when deciding. We hope you find the perfect camping dog bed for your next outing.
Last update on 2022-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API