Table of Contents Show
- How Do I Decorate My RV Campsite?
- Tips for Decorating Your Campsite
- Decorate Your Campsite Like Joanna Gaines
- Camping Can Be Classy
Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean that you can’t create a comfortable and relaxing environment. You can bring the supplies necessary to make a campsite a welcoming and cozy place to camp in the wilderness.
If you’re looking for some decorating ideas and suggestions to create a campsite that would make Joanna Gaines proud, keep reading!
Today, we’re sharing some of the best tips, tricks, and gear to create a picture-perfect campsite during your next camping adventure. Let’s get started!
How Do I Decorate My RV Campsite?
There is no right or wrong way to decorate a campsite. The most crucial component for decorating your RV campsite is its functionality.
You don’t want to litter the area with decorations that make it impossible to move about while camping. However, there are a few things that you can do to be as comfortable as possible during your stay.
Some of the most common ways RVers decorate their campsite is to hang string lights. These lights can illuminate a campsite and help campers avoid tripping over pesky tree roots and anything on the ground.
In addition, many RVers will lay outdoor rugs outside of their RV. This can be extremely helpful for keeping sand and other debris off you and out of your RV.
Since camping and sports are popular weekend activities, it’s not uncommon to see some campers decorate their campsite with sports-themed decorations.
Displaying their team’s colors is an opportunity to show their team spirit while camping. You may discover your new camping neighbors are cheering on a rival team.
How you decorate your RV campsite is entirely up to you. However, you likely don’t want to waste your time. Setting up and taking down a tremendous amount of decorations can be a hassle and requires a generous amount of storage space. Make sure you consider this when selecting campsite decorations.
Tips for Decorating Your Campsite
Whether you’re a minimalist or enjoy bringing a truckload of decorations, your campsite is unique to your personality and camping style. Here are some decorating tips you can use on your next adventure.
Seasonal Campsite vs. Traveling
You need to consider whether you’re decorating a seasonal campsite or if you’ll be traveling.
The longer you’re in a campsite, the more logical it is to decorate it to create a comfortable space. If you’re only camping for a few days, it may not be worth the hassle of setting up some decorations.
Those in seasonal campsites may have access to more storage options than those traveling. This will allow them to put away decorations when they’re out of season or no longer needed.
If you want to decorate for the holidays, depending on your travel plans, it could mean carrying boxes of decorations in storage compartments for months. With minimal storage space in most RVs, this isn’t an appealing option for most travelers.
Pick a Theme
No matter what you’re decorating, it’s crucial to pick and stick to a theme. This can be easy if you’re decorating for a specific holiday or want to show off your team spirit for the big game.
However, the possibilities are practically endless when it comes to themes. Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean that has to be the theme for your campsite.
Once you pick your theme, stick with it. This will help ensure that your campsite has a flow that visually makes sense and is functional. If your theme for your camp is luxury or comfort, you will want to invest in premium decorations that go with that theme.
This could include high-quality camping chairs, a hammock, and other items that maximize the feelings of comfort and luxury while camping.
Keep it Practical
In general, the principle of “less is more” applies to decorating your campsite. You may want to bring everything but the kitchen sink to your camp, but it’s not practical.
We once saw a camper bring a truckload of potted plants from home to decorate their campsite. For most campers, this isn’t practical. Make sure you fully consider how much work, effort, and energy will go into transporting, setting up, and taking down decorations at your campsite.
Decorate Your Campsite Like Joanna Gaines
The right decorations can make all the difference when decorating your campsite. Here are some items we think will make your camp look like Joanna Gaines had a hand decorating it.
Reversible Outdoor Rug
One of the easiest ways to transform a space is to throw down a reversible outdoor rug. These are excellent as they come in a practically infinite amount of possibilities.
These not only decorate your campsite by improving the atmosphere but also help keep dirt and debris out of your tent or RV while camping.
They’re typically durable and straightforward to clean. You can even find some with carrying cases or bags to help protect them while they sit in storage.
- Easy to Clean and Fold - Relax, when dirt gets on your outdoor rug, you can now sweep rv camper outdoor mat without fear...
- Green Quality Built to Endure - Unlike cheap patio mats that easily get holes, rips, and snags, this rv carpets for...
A campfire is an essential part of camping for many campers. The solo stove is a portable stainless steel fire pit, creating less smoke and more flame.
The bottom vent holes on the Solo stove maximize airflow and increase the flame’s heat. Not only is it efficient and effective, but it looks superb. Since it’s portable, it allows you to move it anywhere around your campsite.
Keep in Mind: There are multiple options in the Solo Stove lineup. See which Solo Stove is right for you!
- PORTABLE FIRE POWER: Solo Stove Ranger is our most compact outdoor fire pits or camping heater, pushes the limits of...
- LESS SMOKE, MORE FLAME: The camping stove has double wall design which maximizes airflow and burning process, with...
Portable Folding Chair
You can’t select just any camping chair if you want to create a Joanna Gaines-like environment at your campsite. Those cheap camping chairs aren’t going to do the job.
While both options for this chair are comfortable and look good, the khaki-colored chair knocks it out of the park. The neutral color of the khaki material fits well with almost any natural environment.
Like many of the best products, it exceeds expectations without using flashy colors to attract attention to itself.
- 🪑Portable and Fodable: A regular chair weighs about 4.6lbs and a large size is about 6lbs. What's more, the chair can...
- 🪑High-quality Fabrics: The back and surface of the chair are made of Oxford fabric, which is breathable, lightweight...
Double Wooden Folding Chair
These solid wood folding chairs are excellent for campers who want to sit closer together. Ordinary camping chairs create a separation between you and your fellow campers. However, there’s nothing better than snuggling up next to a fire at your campsite.
This loveseat chair comes with a load-bearing capacity of just over 350 pounds. So it looks magnificent and practical. You can think outside the box regarding the seating at your campsite.
- 【Double Chair】The unfolded size of this chair is 44.5"*20.9"*29.1", which can easily accommodate two people.
- 【Folding Storage】The chair can be stored as long as it is folded. The storage size is 44.5"*26.8"*3.1", which is...
A throw blanket can be an easy way to decorate your campsite and still serve a practical purpose. You can find throw blankets in various colors, materials, and sizes.
They make it easy to reach and stay warm while you sit around the campfire. Since camping can be messy, these are easy to launder in the washing machine when needed.
- CONSTRUCTION & SIZE - Made of 100% high quality acrylic, very soft touch, cozy warm sofa throw, strong anti-sunlight and...
- QUALITY IN THE PROCESS - Use high-speed weaving equipment,high knitted density ,skilfully crafted design with geometric...
Decorative Throw Pillow
Decorative throw pillows are excellent for adding color to a living space, including a campsite. However, much like the throw blanket, you want to ensure your throw pillows are easy to clean.
You can find throw pillows in various colors and themes that help create a comfortable camping environment. Throw pillows can also be an excellent way to communicate your personality.
- farm house home decor clearance DESIGNING: Our modern farmhouse farm decor pillow covers make the perfect gift...
- MATERIAL: The farm house home decor pillow cover is made of high quality cotton linen material. This fabric is soft and...
Camping Hanging Rack
Keep your campsite clean and organized by using a hanging rack. This can make it easy to quickly access cooking gear and other supplies you’ll need while camping.
The hanging rack is easy to assemble, and you can use it in various ways. A camping hanging rack can help store kitchen utensils, clothes, or other gear.
- High-quality material, the camping rack is made of polyester, plastic steel and aluminum alloy materials, and bearing...
- Quick to build, the tripod structure is simple and stable, and the triangular structure formed after installation can...
Outdoor String Lights
You can’t decorate a Joanna Gaines-like campsite without adding some lighting. Globe or Edison lights create a cozy and comfortable environment.
If you’re planning to take these from one camp to the next, investing in a set of plastic bulbs is a good idea. You don’t want to deal with replacing constantly breaking bulbs.
Outdoor string lights can light up an area to make it easy to move about your campsite. This can drastically enhance the safety of everyone, especially moving around the campfire. The lights are typically bright enough to illuminate your campsite but aren’t overwhelming.
- Dimmable and Energy Saving: G40 outside porch string light come with 30 clear LED edison G40 bulbs and 2 spare...
- Connectable and Portable: 30 hanging sockets bistro string light with 12 inch lead with male plug, 24 inch spacing...
Mason Jar Lights
Mason jar lights are a unique way to decorate a space and provide additional lighting.
These are attractive options as they are battery-operated and you can move them about your campsite. Most are waterproof, have an auto-off feature, and can create a tremendous amount of light for their size.
- 🔋【Brighter than String Lights】The mason jar is lighting by a LED bulb, not string lights.Therefore it is brighter...
- 🔋【Alternative LED Bulb】: The bulb can work about 10,000 hours under normal use.At worst you can find alternative...
A bit of well-placed greenery like a Eucalyptus wreath can be an excellent addition to your campsite. You can hang a wreath from a tree or on the door of your camper. Some versions of these wreaths can expand and retract to reduce the chances of damage while in storage.
These are ideal decorations as you can modify them to fit any camping season. Whether celebrating the Fourth of July or Christmas, a Eucalyptus wreath can be an exquisite way to decorate your campsite.
- 【Lifelike】: This eucalyptus wreath is made of 3 types of leaves with different colors, and it is additionally dotted...
- 【Durable】: The eucalyptus leaves are silk so they never fall, the berries are foam so they never rot. Do not need...
While many campsites come with a picnic table, they’re less than pleasing aesthetically. Luckily, various tablecloth options make it easy to upgrade the look and feel of your campsite.
Don’t forget to consider the color of your tablecloth and ensure it doesn’t contrast with the seats at your camp. If you find a tablecloth that compliments your seating, you can tie everything together and create a campsite that would make Joanna Gaines proud.
- 【NON-FADING】: Deep Dream Polyester linen tablecloth is dyed with high-quality dyes, which has good dye fixation and...
- 【ANTI-WRINKLE & ANTI-SHRINK】: This table cloth is made of high quality eco-friendly heavy Polyester linen, making it...
Some plants can be temperamental. The last thing you want to worry about while camping is watering plants. You can find high-quality plants that look almost new.
Grab mini-potted fake plants to decorate your picnic table or other tables around your campsite. Some campsites are more urban and have little greenery. This can be a fantastic way to add a natural look to your camp.
- 【Package】:You will get 3 packs faux plants desktop indoor. The small fake plant measures appr. 9.5" tall. The paper...
- 【Durable Material】:Our mini potted artificial plants indoor have eucalyptus leaves that are made of plastic.The pot...
Lazy Susan Turntable
A Lazy Susan turntable helps store utensils and condiments on your table. They look nice and help keep your campsite organized.
A Lazy Susan turntable in the middle of your table can make it easy for everyone to get what they need while you’re eating. In addition, it can help maximize the cooking space, so utensils are readily available.
- 【EASY TO ACCESS & 360° FREE ROTATION】: The lazy susan turntable cabinet organizer is designed with a rotatable base...
- 【SPACE SAVING LAZY SUSAN TURATABLE CABINET ORGANIZER】: The wood lazy susan turntable is perfect for using in your...
Candles are always a good way to create a relaxing environment as you decorate your campsite. However, you don’t want to babysit a candle while camping to ensure it doesn’t get out of control. Some campgrounds may even have burn bans limiting your use of candles.
You can enjoy the flickering of a candle without stressing about safety. These battery-operated candles can last for nearly 150 hours on three AAA batteries.
Smores Tray Set
Smores are an integral part of any campfire. With a smore tray set, you can bring out your supplies and keep everything organized.
The three sections of the tray keep everything separate and allow you to put together your treats quickly. This could help you avoid wasting your precious smore supplies if they fall on the ground.
Keep in Mind: Are you looking to upgrade your s’mores?These 10 S’mores Recipes will seriously change your life!
- Your guests will be asking for S'more Please with our S'more Tray Set. The three piece set comes with a three-sectioned...
- Size: tray 6 1/4" x 16" | skewer 15"
Camping Can Be Classy
Don’t think you can’t maintain your class because you’re camping. It doesn’t matter what camping style you prefer; it’s possible if you have the right gear.
Take the time to find the right items to add to your campsite and create a comfortable glamping site. You can make some incredible and priceless memories you’ll never forget.
How will you decorate your campsite?
Last update on 2023-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API