Table of Contents Show
- About RV Microwaves
- What Is a Convection Microwave Oven Combo?
- The Best RV Microwaves and Convection Ovens
- 1. Greystone 0.9 Cubic Feet RV Microwave
- 2. RecPro 0.9 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Black
- 3. RecPro Stainless 1.0 Cubic Ft RV Microwave
- 4. RecPro 1.1 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Convection Oven
- 5. Advent RV Microwave
- 6. Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 7. Dometic RV Microwave
- 8. Contoure RV Microwave
- 9. Galanz Microwave Convection Combo
- 10. Toshiba Countertop Microwave Oven
- 11. Black and Decker Over-Range Microwave
- 12. Furrion Over-the-Range Microwave Convection Oven
- Which Microwave Will You Choose?
When your RV microwave or convection oven dies, don’t panic. Replacing your RV appliances is as easy as going shopping. The bigger problem comes when you need to decide which new microwave or convection oven to choose! Many options could fit your needs, and we wanted to highlight a few of our favorites.
About RV Microwaves
RV microwaves are just like regular microwaves, but they’re usually smaller, so they’ll fit into a cabinet space. You’ll frequently find convection microwave oven combos in an RV, too (more on that in the next section).
Additionally, the wattage will be lower than a microwave in a residential kitchen. RVs have a smaller electrical circuit than a house, so if you get a microwave that’s too powerful, you could trip the breakers.
What Is a Convection Microwave Oven Combo?
A convection microwave oven combo is essentially what it sounds like: a device that you can use as a microwave or a convection oven. You can bake in a convection oven or roast a small chicken.
The convection oven setting can be used like a traditional oven. However, the combo setting combines the microwave cooking power of the microwave with the air circulation of an oven.
You can also pop popcorn or heat leftovers in a unit like this. It’s incredibly versatile, and once you figure out the cooking times of your favorite meals, you’ll be ready to share your talents and food with others.
The Best RV Microwaves and Convection Ovens
The following are the top RV microwaves and convection ovens on the market. When narrowing down your choice, check the size, weight, and energy consumption to ensure it’s the suitable unit for your RV.
1. Greystone 0.9 Cubic Feet RV Microwave
- Microwave has 6 auto-cook settings and 10 power levels to heat food quickly and efficiently
- Touch control panel has a control lock to prevent accidental use
The 0.9 cubic feet GreyStone Microwave is a 900-watt microwave with six auto cook settings and 10 power levels. With its multiple mounting options, you can use it in a cabinet or on the counter to save space. It’s stainless steel and weighs 34 pounds.
This is a new model that can do everything you need a great microwave to do. It has a glass turntable that rotates your food as well for even heating.
2. RecPro 0.9 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Black
- External dimensions: 19 1/16” W x 14 1/2” D (without back plate - 13 1/4") x 11 5/8” H Installation dimensions:...
- 0.9 cu.ft. capacity with 900 watts of cooking power
The RecPro RV Microwave is a 9 Watt option with a glass turntable. This compact microwave comes in black and has a push-release button to open the door.
It was made for RV travel, so it has the appropriate vent kit. It weighs 28.2 pounds and has eight cooking options, 10 power levels, and a child lock setting. The unit features a 900 Watt output and 1350 Watt input.
3. RecPro Stainless 1.0 Cubic Ft RV Microwave
- WITHOUT Trim Kit External dimensions – 19.1” W x 14.7” D x 11.3” H | Installation Dimensions – 20” W x...
- 8 Express Cook options (Popcorn, Potato, Pizza, Beverage, Soup, Dinner Plate, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen Vegetable)
The RecPro RV Stainless-Steel Microwave has one cubic foot of space inside. The stainless steel is on the top, bottom, and edges, but there’s still a lot of black on the front window and control panel. They call it a “picture frame trim kit.”
It has eight express cook options to reheat food (such as pizza, popcorn, soup, etc.) and an instant start that counts 30 seconds each time you press it.
The unit also comes in black, weighs 27.5 pounds, and uses 900 Watts output and 1350 Watts input. It’s a direct replacement for Greystone and HighPointe microwaves, according to the Amazon listing.
4. RecPro 1.1 Cubic Ft RV Microwave Convection Oven
- Oven Capacity: 1.1 Cu. ft.
- External Dimensions without trim: 21" W x 11"H x 15 3/4"
The RecPro RV Convection Microwave features a 1.1 cubic foot interior, nine express cook options including fresh and frozen vegetables, and 10 power levels. There’s also an instant start button with 30 seconds on the clock for each press.
You shouldn’t mount it under a cabinet, so you’ll need counter space for it. The four cooking modes are microwave, microwave convection, grill, and roast. It has a net weight of 45.4 pounds.
The rated input power is 1500 Watts, and the output power is 1000 Watts. The rated input for the grill and convection oven is 1500 Watts. Amazon reviews mention that it’s whisper-quiet.
5. Advent RV Microwave
- Advent MW912B Black Built-in Microwave Oven specially built for RV Recreational Vehicle, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome etc.
- One touch electronic controls with digital display let you quickly and easily adjust the cook times, cook settings,...
The Advent RV Microwave is specially built for RV travel. This compact microwave has 0.9 cubic feet of space and 900 Watts of power. The sleek black color looks nice with most RV decor, and it features six one-touch options like popcorn, pizza, and frozen dinners. There’s a glass turntable that cooks your food evenly under your choice of 10 power levels.
It weighs 38 pounds and can be used as a countertop microwave instead of as a built-in unit. It doesn’t have a range hood fan, so you don’t want to mount it above a stove.
6. Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 850-watt, over-the-range convection microwave browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts
- 2-color, 7-digit, interactive display; Smart and Easy sensor settings
The Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave trimmed in stainless steel has 1.1 cubic feet of space and uses 850 Watts power. This unit has a four-way convection system that browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts. It also has a built-in exhaust system with a fan and light. There are also three venting options.
The unit weighs 72 pounds. It has a free 10-year warranty for major components.
7. Dometic RV Microwave
The Dometic RV Microwave is specifically designed for use in RVs and can handle over-the-road travel vibrations. There’s 1.1 cubic ft of space to cook in, plus 1000 Watts of cooking power. In addition to the nine one-touch settings to cook pizza, potatoes, and popcorn, it has 10 power levels.
You can slow cook, brown, and crisp with convection heat, all in a 52.9-pound package. It comes with an exhaust kit for when you install it, however you may need to buy a trim kit depending on where you’re installing it.
8. Contoure RV Microwave
The Contoure built-in microwave oven is 27 pounds with six one-touch buttons for quick cooking and 10 adjustable power levels. The microwave uses 900 Watts cooking and 1350 Watts input.
You can put this appliance in a cabinet because it vents from the top. If you’re looking for the trim kit, you’ll need to purchase that separately or make one yourself. It also has a child-safe lock to keep those littles safe while cooking.
9. Galanz Microwave Convection Combo
- True Convection: Heated Air Circulates Throughout The Oven As Food Spins 360°, Cooking Your Food Faster And More Evenly...
- Sensor Cook & Sensor Reheat: A Built-In Humidity Sensor Ensures That Your Food Is Never Under- Or Overcooked. For...
The Galanz RV microwave convection combo has features we have yet to see. It’s a ToastWave with TotalFry 360, meaning it can toast food, air fry, work like a convection oven, or be a toaster oven.
You can toast six slices of bread. Or air fry french fries. Or bake cookies. You could even cook your meat in the convection mode, and it will come out perfectly! There are sensor modes that make sure your food cooks all the way through with no cold spots before you remove it.
This unit weighs 40.2 pounds and has a capacity of 1.2 cubic feet. It’s a 1000-Watt appliance. It comes with accessories to use any of the settings. It also has 11 power levels and inverter technology.
10. Toshiba Countertop Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage:...
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x...
The Toshiba RV Microwave Oven with smart sensors comes in three sizes: 1 cubic foot, 1.2 cubic feet, or 1.3 cubic feet. You can choose stainless steel or black stainless steel finishes, and you’ll place the unit on the counter rather than in a cabinet.
The unit also air fries food with 25 preset settings on the menu. It can roast a chicken or bake a cheesecake with its low-temperature setting, along with nine other power settings.
The unit weighs 40.8 pounds and uses 1000 Watts of power. It just hit number one on Amazon’s countertop microwave oven category, so you know it’s a good product!
11. Black and Decker Over-Range Microwave
- Efficient & effective - 1000 watts of cooking power and a 10 different power levels for boiling, reheating, and...
- 1-6 min quick start
The Black and Decker Over-Range Microwave provides a vent for the stovetop and a place to cook or heat things.
It weighs 55.1 pounds and uses 1000 Watts of power. It has 10 power levels and a quick start button that times from one minute and goes up to six minutes. You can cook your favorite foods, like popcorn, with the push of a button.
This microwave is on the larger side, so you’ll need to measure your space before buying to make sure it fits.
12. Furrion Over-the-Range Microwave Convection Oven
- Multi Microwave Convenience Cooking Controls, Makes operation quick and easy
- Defrosting times and power levels are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results
The stainless steel Furrion Over-the-Range RV Microwave Convection Oven is easy to use and has 1.5 cubic feet of space. It’s heavy at 70.6 pounds!
You can bake, microwave, or combine the convection power to reduce cooking time. It has pre-programmed defrosting times and power levels too.
Having the vent for the stovetop is an excellent feature, especially when you’re in a small space! This is one unit that you can use in a home or an RV. The microwave side uses 1500 Watts of energy while the convection function uses 1450 Watts.
Which Microwave Will You Choose?
Our advice is to pick the unit that meets your requirements and then read online reviews. There are likely things vital to you that reviewers will address.
If you don’t have an oven in your rig or you’re tired of cooking on the grill and want to prepare meals another way, a convection microwave might be the way to go. There’s a learning curve to working the convection setting, but people who have mastered it enjoy the quicker cooking times.
As far as microwaves go, you can’t go wrong with the one you can use in the RV or on the countertop, but the choice is up to you.
Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API