Table of Contents Show
- Traditional Camping Chairs Are Out: What to Look for in a Camping Chair
- Different Types of Camping Chairs
- The Best Camping Chairs On the Market
- 1. Best Luxury Camping Chair
- 2. Best Budget Camping Chair
- 3. Best Camping Chair With A Footrest
- 4. Best Heavy Duty Camping Chair
- 5. Best Two Seater Camping Chair
- 6. Best Reclining Camping Chair
- 7. Best Ultralight Camping Chair
- 8. Best Camping Chair For The Beach
- 9. Best Camping Chair With A Sunshade Umbrella
- 10. Best Overall Camping Chair
- Camping Chairs Will Be Your New Favorite Accessory
After a long day of hiking and adventuring, you’ll most likely want to relax in one of the best camping chairs. Finding the perfect chair can be overwhelming, with many options and varying prices. However, we’ve sat in our fair share of camping chairs and learned a thing or two.
We’ve used our experience to compile a list of the best camping chairs you’ll use on your adventures. Let’s get started!
Traditional Camping Chairs Are Out: What to Look for in a Camping Chair
While the typical camping chair might suffice for sitting at a ball game or practice, they’re more budget-friendly than comfortable. If you want a pleasant experience, you may need to invest in a higher-quality chair.
Comfort level is the most critical characteristic of a camping chair. If you’re not cozy, you’re not going to enjoy using it, which would be a waste of money.
When shopping for a camping chair, you want to look for any accessories that may come with it.
We’ve seen chairs with built-in hydraulics for rocking, cup holders, coolers, and recliners. All are great options to have with a camping chair, but you may not find one chair that has everything.
Different Types of Camping Chairs
There is no shortage of camping chair options. Whether you’re looking for a plush luxury feel or a two-seater, you can find a chair for your specific needs. Camping chairs vary based on their affordability, compactness, and materials.
Make sure you adequately research any chair before making a purchase. If you can sit in it before purchasing it, do so.
It may be worth visiting a few camping stores to test them out. Everyone has different preferences.
If you pick a chair that isn’t the best for you, you may regret the purchase.
The Best Camping Chairs On the Market
We’ve thought through the various camping chairs we commonly encounter and have selected what we consider the best. Let’s see which chair might be perfect for you!
1. Best Luxury Camping Chair
- Chair swings smoothly and gently, with a relaxing motion that is designed for comfort.
- A supportive headrest and deep reclining action allow you a full view of the night sky.
This luxury camping chair allows you to swing smoothly and gently in the breeze. The headrest support provides optimal comfort as you rock your worries away. The auto-reclining feature helps you find the perfect reclining angle by shifting your weight while leaning back.
The manufacturer uses aircraft-grade aluminum for the frame, which results in a weight capacity of 300 lbs. Despite being extremely strong and rigid, this chair is lightweight (7lbs 2 oz).
If you’re willing to pay a premium price for your comfort, the Nemo Equipment Stargaze Recliner is an excellent-looking and luxury choice!
Keep in Mind: Upgrade your RV with the best RV accessories. These are the best accessories that you can find on Amazon!
2. Best Budget Camping Chair
- -This portable Dual Lock chair gives you a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop...
- -The Dual Lock chair is perfect to take with you whether you are tailgating, camping, or watching your favorite sports...
You might not have to spend a large chunk of money to get premium results.
For example, take the Kijaro Dual Lock portable camping chair. Not only can you pick from 12 different colors to fit your personality, but these chairs have the same weight capacity as the luxury option that costs nearly $200 more.
This chair comes with two cup holders and zip mesh pockets to store your belongings. Whether using them around the campfire or rooting on your favorite sports team, these chairs are fantastic options.
3. Best Camping Chair With A Footrest
- ♒ LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE - The weight of Suntime lounger chair is only 12.6 lbs, ultra light weight. Portable to...
- ♒ DETACHABEL FOOTREST - The footrest can relax your feet. And the footrest section can be completely detached, rotate...
You may want to kick your feet up and relax at the end of the day. This folding camping chair has the benefit of a footrest. It is a few pounds heavier and only has a 200 lb weight limit, but the frame is sturdy and built to last.
You can adjust the backing to recline from 90 to 130 degrees, making for a comfortable napping or stargazing position.
With the convenience of a cup holder and pouch for your valuables, you’ll have the essentials within reach.
4. Best Heavy Duty Camping Chair
- GET BACK OUTSIDE: With this heavy-duty outdoor folding chair, you can enjoy your time outdoors with ultimate comfort and...
- DESIGNED FOR BIG AND TALL: Made to withstand a max capacity of 500 lb with no sag, and designed with a super-sturdy 22mm...
The LivingXL is a heavy-duty camping chair with a 500 lb weight limit. You’ll feel the high-quality construction when you sit in this chair; it’s solid!
The LivingXL chair has two oversized cup holders to hold large insulated cups or a cell phone easily. The 600-denier polyester fabric is padded and stitched together to distribute weight evenly across the chair’s robust frame.
If a flimsy camping chair has betrayed you in the past, look no further than this heavy-duty option!
5. Best Two Seater Camping Chair
- INNOVATION DESIGNED FOR YOU: Our patent pending MoonPhase SeatShift (Double & Triple) allows you to customize your ideal...
- UNMATCHED COMFORT: Double layered quilted padded seats keeps you comfortable. Sloped arm rests with drop down cup...
Camping can be a romantic way to spend a weekend with a loved one. Why spend the entire time staring at each other from across the fire when you can snuggle up in a camping chair for two?
This chair has a weight capacity of 300 lbs per chair, and the fabric is a 600-denier PVY polyester that is puncture-resistant and well insulated.
One of our favorite features of this chair is the built-in hidden bottle opener. You won’t have to get up from your chair to find a bottle opener for your favorite beverage.
The convenient backpack-style carrying case allows you to free up your hands to carry other gear to and from the campsite.
6. Best Reclining Camping Chair
- Padded for Comfort: Designed with a fully padded seat and back, this recliner camp chair will provide you with full-body...
- Adjustable 170-degree Recliner: The patio lawn chair collocate an effective lock system that can be freely adjusted from...
If you want to lean back and take a nap or stargaze, this Zero Gravity chair from Portal is one of our favorites. It’s comfortable and has a stylish look.
Whether you’re sitting around the campfire, at the lake, or even by the pool, it looks great. It has a 350 lb weight limit and reinforced padding for optimal comfort. The bungee suspension system provides a solid base that cradles you as you relax in the chair.
You can effortlessly fold and unfold this chair, and it stows away in seconds. The detachable cup holder allows you to reach your drink.
If you want a chair that gets the job done and looks good, this Zero Gravity chair is worth considering.
Pro Tip: If a reclining chair is what you’re looking for, here are more options. These are the best reclining camping chairs of 2022!
7. Best Ultralight Camping Chair
Some camping styles require you to shave as much weight as possible. While some chairs can weigh upwards of 8 to 10 lbs, this ultralight chair only weighs 2 lbs.
You can toss it in a backpack and barely feel that it’s there. Setup only requires two steps, and once you get the hang of setting it up, it can be ready to go in a matter of seconds.
Despite its 2 lbs of weight, the chair is still solid. It uses aircraft aluminum poles for support and provides a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
The low profile may be complex for those who have trouble getting in and out of low chairs. However, if you’re backpacking and don’t mind sitting lower to the ground, it’s challenging to consider other options.
8. Best Camping Chair For The Beach
- COMFORTABLE & PORTABLE: Nice C’s low beach chair is made with a breathable and cooling mesh fabric that allows air to...
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE MATERIAL: Our chair is made with a heavy duty steel and industrial grade Oxford 1000D polyester mesh....
If you’re lucky, you may find yourself camping near the beach. If that’s the case, the Nice C Low Beach camping chair is one of the best beach chair options.
It includes a cup holder and carrying bag. It’s lightweight but heavy-duty and provides a stable spot to relax. The weight capacity for this chair is 300 lbs.
You never know what the weather or environment will throw your way when camping, especially when keeping your camping gear clean. You can quickly clean this chair using soap and water and keep your chair looking new for years!
9. Best Camping Chair With A Sunshade Umbrella
- Outdoor Chair: Featuring an extra-wide tension seat and an adjustable UPF 50 SunShade canopy, this portable folding...
- Quality Construction: Constructed from an aluminum/steel hybrid, this foldable chair frame supports up to 250 pounds and...
GCI’s Outdoor Waterside Sunshade Captains Chair is a solid choice if you want to avoid the sun while camping or at the beach. The sunshade keeps the sun off while you relax and provides UPF 50 protection from the elements.
You can rotate the sunshade from the front to back to adjust the shade. The aluminum and steel frame can support up to 250 lbs and easily folds up for storage.
The armrests have a beverage holder and are solid plastic. The chair is a sturdy base whether sitting at the beach or your campsite. Enjoy getting outside without worrying about the sun.
10. Best Overall Camping Chair
- Portable And Easy To Store-No Assembly Required
- Durable, Stain Resistant-375 lb Weight Capacity
When it comes to overall comfort, these chairs from MacSports are our favorite camping chairs we’ve used. We love that they’re beefy enough to provide a weight capacity of 375 lbs, but they have a luxury feel.
While some camping chairs can feel snug, this chair is incredibly roomy. Combine the roomy feeling with the padded fabric, and you can easily forget you’re sitting in a camping chair at a campsite and not in a luxury chair at home.
You can collapse this chair in seconds and stow it away in the carrying case. This is an excellent option for sporting events, camping adventures, or backyard picnics.
We love pulling ours out and relaxing anywhere we take them!
Camping Chairs Will Be Your New Favorite Accessory
Many people go for the cheapest option when buying a camping chair. However, they often realize their mistake when they sit uncomfortably around the campfire or their new chair breaks shortly after buying it.
Do yourself a favor and invest in a quality camping chair from the beginning. Don’t waste your time or money on an insufficient chair that you’ll need to replace every season.
Which one of these chairs would you choose for your next adventure?
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API