This month started off with Rae’s 30th birthday so we celebrated in Niagra Falls. We stayed on the Canadian side in a hotel and were out exploring every day. It was so much fun! We need to come back and explore the US side. We had no idea how much there is to do here.
August turned into another of those weird non-productive months for us. Starting off, we met none of our goals this month. We did pretty good with creating content for YouTube and our Blog but it fell off at the end of the month. I blame the Grand Design Indiana Rally. The week before the rally we didn’t get much work done because we were prepping for the rally. We washed the truck and fifth wheel including the roof. You never really get the feel for how big this thing is until you are scrubbing it clean for a few hours. Then we spent the entire rally busy going from event to event. The good news is that we have plenty of content recorded to share over next month.
We didn’t get any workouts in this month. We got into a weird schedule of staying up until 2 AM and sleeping in too late to go on a run before work started. This month will change as we joined the RV fitness accountability group, RV Fit Club, on Facebook. This month will be the month we start shedding those extra lbs that have been creeping on since we first started RVing.
We live in our RV, a 2018 Grand Design Solitude 375RES, full-time and travel around North America. We currently move every other week (about 200-300 miles at a time) as we explore this beautiful country we call home. Since we changed our plans of heading to Maine to attend the Indiana Grand Design Rally, we moved a little more this month than last month. I have a love/hate relationship with movings days. They bring us to a new place with things to explore but they also “burn” a full day that we could be off exploring. Below are some of the details of our travels in August:
- 797 Moving Day Miles
- 4 Campgrounds:
- Alpine Lake RV Resort
- Brennan’s Beach RV Resort
- Kenisee Lake RV Campground
- Elkhart 4-H Fairgrounds
- 3 States:
- New York
- Largest monthly income yet!
- First Grand Design Rally
- Didn’t create a backlog of content
- Didn’t complete any of our goals
- Didn’t explore areas like we wanted
Getaway Couple Travel Brand
This is a round-up of all income earned from our travel brand. This includes our blog, YouTube channel, and social media accounts.
- Amazon Affiliate Revenue: $330.25
- YouTube Ad Revenue: $633.95
- Other Affiliate Earnings: $1649.85
- Sponsorships: $175.00
- Total Travel Brand Profit: $2155.10
We use CoSchedule to keep up with our Social Media posts. It has been a life-saver for us! We have been heavily relying on its Editorial Calendar functionality to organize and schedule our content for our blog and YouTube. The social media campaign templates allow us to quickly ensure we post our new content on all of our social media platforms. It has quickly become a necessity for us to run our business!
- Facebook Posts: 25
- Facebook Follower Growth Rate: 15.49%
- Facebook Engagement Rate: 3.24%
- Instagram Posts: 6
- Instagram Stories: 66
- Instagram Follower Growth Rate: 1.90%
- Instagram Engagement Rate: 4.38%
- Twitter Posts: 36
- Twitter Follower Growth Rate: -0.31%
- Twitter Engagement Rate
- Pinterest Pins: 25
- Pinterest Engagement Rate: 17.10%
- Pinterest Follower Growth Rate: 15.74%
If you are interested in starting a blog then start now! We ran Getaway Couple for two years before we hit the road discussing weekend getaways from Los Angeles.
- Blog Articles Published: 4
- Blog Pageviews: 11867
- Mailing List Subscriber Growth: 26.05%
- E-mails Delivered: 0
- E-mails Opened: 0
- E-mails Clicked: 0
- YouTube Subscriber Growth Rate: 12.64%
- YouTube Videos Published: 7
- YouTube Impressions: 1,800,000
- YouTube click-through rate: 3.7%
- YouTube Views: 133,000
- YouTube Watch Time: 875,900 minutes
Physical E-commerce Products
- Orders: $448.78
- Units Shipped: 10
This total is the sum of income from both our travel brand and our physical product sales.
- Total Profit: $3237.83
- Total Profit Growth Rate: 97.77%
We made $3237.83 extra income this month. How much extra did you make?